Hms Queen Elizabeth

John_Ford

Perhaps those 10% also cater for the maintenance of those three excelsior Traditions of the Royal Navy and I'm not alluding to Faith, Hope and Charity. The detached service men and women of the USMC will live through interesting times.

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Duty messmen , not cooks.

To explain further:

There remains a typical set of misconceptions that can cloud the experience of embarkation for all. This is the notion of some uninitiated Marines that the U.S. Navy exists primarily as a taxi service for Marines and should conduct itself in an appropriately service-oriented manner. Then, on the other extreme, are the occasional Navy personnel who think that Marines exist solely to inter­rupt a ship’s routine, clutter spaces, and make a mess of the paintwork on vehicle and cargo areas. Neither concept could fall farther from the truth. The amphibi­ous force and naval aviation doctrines of the Navy and Marine Corps team provide one of the most striking military capabilities of the history of warfare, primarily through the unique concepts of teamwork, cooperation, and integration that have evolved over decades of training and operations. Your first charge as an officer embark­ing with your troops must be to create an atmosphere of teamwork, demonstrate the desired symbiotic relationship with navy counterparts. Accordingly, be prepared to readdress ruthlessly all instances of real and pretended friction that can rise from untrained and inexperienced personnel reacting to the obvious conditions of shipboard life.

The CO of troops therefore functions with respect to the ship’s organization as another department head, reporting for the embarked detachments to the com­manding officer and executive officer of the ship. Musters, duty assignments, working parties, and the all-important needs of the troops for training and main­tenance support on board ship require much attention from the CO of troops. Many of the duties of the CO of troops also approximate those of the commander of the Marine Detachments of yesteryear, so your conduct places you equally at the forefront of tradition and an exemplar of Marine Corps virtues to our sister service.

Shipboard duties for Marine officers embarked with their units may include the following: team embarkation officer, ship’s platoon commander, troop officer of the day/guard officer, billeting officer, troop mess officer, officer’s mess treasurer, and troop communications officer. These and other requirements are made clear by the ship CO before embarkation occurs, mainly through liaison with the advance party that your unit will send to the ship. Your unit will pro­vide a standing working party (ship’s platoon), cooks, and messmen on a fair-­share basis to assist in the functioning of the ship, which will be your collective home for the period of embarkation.

Edited by Ken Estes

• 3 months later...

Perhaps those 10% also cater for the maintenance of those three excelsior Traditions of the Royal Navy and I'm not alluding to Faith, Hope and Charity. The detached service men and women of the USMC will live through interesting times.

Rum and the lash have been outlawed while the last has gained legal protection........ ^_^

HMS Plannedbutnotbuiltable.

HMS Fittedfornotwithable.

HMS Budgetcutable.

HMS Bankerstaxcutable.

Fixed it just a little to make it more RN. ;)

HMS Unfundable

HMS Exorbitant

HMS Taxcut

HMS Chancellor

We wont see a HMS Plenty again anytime soon. :(

HMS Indegalbraithable does have a nice ring to it though. :D

Now that you mention her, now that the Argentine economy is up shit creek and there is no possibility to invade anything at this point for the usual unifying cause, I'd have a suggestion. How about offering assistance to raise the Belgrano? I know it must be at some impossible depth, but the harder the cause the more pig headed they'll go at it :D

Respect for a war grave.

There is a museum in Stanley, covering the history of the Islands themselves, not just the war. I imagine that there may be some points of dispute about the history portrayed.

The Falklands sit on a relatively shallow shelf, but there's a sudden drop-off into a deep trench a few hundred km to the south - & that's where Belgrano went down.

Rum and the lash have been outlawed while the last has gained legal protection........ ^_^

The lash may be on its way to having legal protection, so long as it is consensual..... at least as a result of Operation Spanner 'the Spanner Case', which probably should have been called 'the Hammer case' as it involved the consensual nailing of penises to tables.... (no, I am not kidding, the English are a strange people...).

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/R_v_Brown

The lash may be on its way to having legal protection, so long as it is consensual..... at least as a result of Operation Spanner 'the Spanner Case', which probably should have been called 'the Hammer case' as it involved the consensual nailing of penises to tables.... (no, I am not kidding, the English are a strange people...).

I See your nailing & hammering and raise you severing & frying & consuming allegedly consensual.

I see we're now into a "we're weirder than you competition". :D Any advance on consensual homosexual cannibalism (cut off, cooked, & jointly eaten)?

I See your nailing & hammering and raise you severing & frying & consuming allegedly consensual.

I looked upon the title of this thread, and behold! it was named HMS Queen Elizabeth! I wonder what the good lady might think of how this thread has turned :lol:

Or because it was potentially a threat to the task force and being dead made it not so?

Just sayin'.

Yes, that thought might have just crossed someone's mind... ^_^