• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Jason L

Interestingly one of the desginers for the bomb that was used in Joe 17 was NL Dukhov, who was formerly a tank designer who designed the IS-4.

In the video the weapon looked like it may have been a torpedo?

Torpedo warhead, yes.

Interestingly one of the desginers for the bomb that was used in Joe 17 was NL Dukhov, who was formerly a tank designer who designed the IS-4.

IIRC more then one tank designer went to work in nukes/missiles.

In the video the weapon looked like it may have been a torpedo?

Torpedo warhead, yes.

Thanks Jason and Jared.

B-58 Hustler with four Mk-43 nuclear bombs

Sperm counts are for pussies.

http://youtu.be/ZWSMoE3A5DI

I noticed one thing about the Marine's uniforms in the footage. Their insignia looks to be drawn on their uniforms with grease pencils or some such thing. I imagine this is because they were going to dispose of the uniforms after this exercise because of the radiation.......

"I noticed one thing about the Marine's uniforms in the footage. Their insignia looks to be drawn on their uniforms with grease pencils or some such thing. I imagine this is because they were going to dispose of the uniforms after this exercise because of the radiation......."--Mr King

Those are standard stencils, applied with a cut-out and brushed-on ink. Later, an iron-on kit was used. (That's what I used at OCS in '75). The paper with the decal is carefully placed over the pocket and ironed, transferring the decal from the paper to the cloth.

WOE to the Marine who botched the job!!!

In the early '90s, the Marines went to the service and name tapes over the chest pockets. With the current MARPAT utilities, the emblem is stitched on the pocket at the factory.

Edited by shep854