• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Roman Alymov

• Simon Tan

• Stuart Galbraith

• Josh

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Seriously, they don't have the slightest concept of it. They just point in the general direction and pull the trigger until it goes click.

Yeah, I think I saw one guy even attempting to use the sights...

Didn't help the SAA guy much though. :-/

The think about SAA vs Nursra is I just don't know who to root for. Ditto whatever the hell is going on in Yemen. Seems like no-win or win-win, depending on how you view casualties and ground trading hands.

Canadian Parliament (ok the Conservatives) voted to allow RCAF to bomb targets in Syria without Syrian permission. Liberals and NDP want to do more humanitarian aid to stop the Doash

The think about SAA vs Nursra is I just don't know who to root for. Ditto whatever the hell is going on in Yemen. Seems like no-win or win-win, depending on how you view casualties and ground trading hands.

Iranian backed scum vs Saudi backed scum. Choice of eating shit sandwich or shit sandwich with cheese.

http://news.yahoo.com/reports-clashes-palestinian-group-syrian-capital-123802054.html

not good.

IS enters Palestinian camp in Damascus; Jordan closes border

The Observatory reported heavy clashes in the camp between IS fighters and members of an anti-Assad Palestinian faction called Aknaf Beit al-Maqdis.

"Credible information from public sources indicate that a variety of armed groups are engaged in fierce fighting in areas where Yarmouk's 18,000 civilians, including a large number of children reside, placing them at extreme risk of death, serious injury, trauma and displacement," the agency said in a statement. It demanded "an end to the fighting and a return to conditions that will enable its staff to support and assist Yarmouk's civilians."

I don't want to seem callous, but among all the tragedy - inflicted and self inflicted - of Pawn Palestinian refugee camps, they never cease to amaze me as the state of Israeli was declared open for business almost 70 years ago and the bloody camps are still in the same place!

How does the permanence of these population cysts coexist with Universal Islam and Pan-Arabism bla-bla-bla I don't know. Hypocrisy.

I don't want to seem callous, but among all the tragedy - inflicted and self inflicted - of Pawn Palestinian refugee camps, they never cease to amaze me as the state of Israeli was declared open for business almost 70 years ago and the bloody camps are still in the same place!

How does the permanence of these population cysts coexist with Universal Islam and Pan-Arabism bla-bla-bla I don't know. Hypocrisy.

NIMBY. Nobody wants annoying refugees.

BEIRUT (AP) — It was a bruising week for Syria's Bashar Assad. The rapid collapse of his forces on two fronts in the north and south brought the opposition its biggest victories in two years, raising serious questions about the president's ability to fend off increasingly sophisticated rebel campaigns.

After losing the capital of Idlib province in northwestern Syria this week, government forces on Thursday lost major ground in the south, where rebels captured the only functioning border crossing with Jordan, a crucial gateway for Syria's government.

More here.

http://news.yahoo.com/syrian-rebels-capture-main-border-crossing-jordan-072726877.html

• 2 weeks later...

Meanwhile on the real important action front:

‘Isis’ Removed From UN List of Hurricane Names

Tessa Berenson @tcberenson

Updated: April 17, 2015 1:56 PM
It was replaced with Ivette

Don’t expect Hurricane Isis to hit anytime soon.

The U.N. has removed “Isis” from its official list of future hurricane names, deeming it inappropriate because of the rise of the militant group the Islamic State of Iraq and Greater Syria (ISIS), Reuters reports.

Clare Nullis, spokesperson for the U.N.’s World Meteorological Organization (WMO), said it’s not unprecedented for the group to strike hurricane names.

“Names are knocked off the list, which rotates every six years, if they are considered inappropriate if they caused too much damage and too much death,” Nullis said.

She told TIME how the process works to take a name off the list: “There was consensus on this. These sorts of decisions are always taken by consensus, there is never a vote.”

The WMO Hurricane Committee has replaced the name Isis with Ivette.

http://time.com/3826911/isis-hurricane-name/

Names are knocked off the list, which rotates every six years, if they are considered inappropriate if they caused too much damage and too much death, Nullis said.

Ironic that there was no so big devastation by natural disaster named Isis...

Edited by Panzermann

New evidence strongly suggests that Syrian government helicopters have dropped barrel bombs with cylinders of chlorine gas on three towns in Northern Syria.

In a press release from earlier this week the Human Rights Watch stated that the attacks, which took place between 16-31 of March, made use of the industrial chemical as a weapon, which is of course banned by the international treaty Syria signed in 2013, prohibiting use of chemical weapons.

http://i-hls.com/2015/04/plain-violation-of-international-law/#sthash.XtjBH2d6.dpuf

New evidence strongly suggests that Syrian government helicopters have dropped barrel bombs with cylinders of chlorine gas on three towns in Northern Syria.

In a press release from earlier this week the Human Rights Watch stated that the attacks, which took place between 16-31 of March, made use of the industrial chemical as a weapon, which is of course banned by the international treaty Syria signed in 2013, prohibiting use of chemical weapons.

http://i-hls.com/2015/04/plain-violation-of-international-law/#sthash.XtjBH2d6.dpuf

They've been doing this for a long time now. Most folks who get some medical attention after a chlorine gas attack are likely to survive. You can't say the same about those who've been through a nerve gas attack...