In Syria

Marcello

Thanks. Anyone other than RT perhaps, like Reuters? Because ive tried in vain to search for this on the search engines, and all ive found is RT and Sputnik news, and others quoting them. A little greater breadth in source material would be appreciated.

Well, you can always outstep your discust to those pesky russian fake news and look at external links, which those pesky russians are using freely. Right there, in text. Right to DoD own site.

Edited by GARGEAN

• Replies 16.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Roman Alymov

• Simon Tan

• Stuart Galbraith

• Josh

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Naaah, definitely different teams. US guys just making mistakes, when russian MOD deliberately making fake news.

The Russians make lots of mistakes as well, there propaganda is generally smoothly done, but occasionally the wheels fall off.

This was from Roman on the Cold War thread, moved to here to maintain topic focus:

"They [the US] said they were fighting Daesh, but what did they do instead? Gave Daesh a load of dollars… We do not want to enter into an allied relationship with them on Afrin. The United States has constantly violated our agreements. In Manbij, in Raqqa. When we offered to work there together, they promised that not a single member of the PYD [syrian Kurdish Democratic Union Party] would remain there, don't worry," said Erdogan, expressing deep disappointment over the US’ non-compliance with the agreements reached." © Leader of key NATO member country.

https://sputniknews.com/middleeast/201711171059182504-turkey-erdogan-us-support-daesh/

I don't know what money he thinks we gave Daesh, but while the US may have let some of them quit Raqqa we didn't give them so much as a wooden nickel.

This was from Roman on the Cold War thread, moved to here to maintain topic focus:

"They [the US] said they were fighting Daesh, but what did they do instead? Gave Daesh a load of dollars… We do not want to enter into an allied relationship with them on Afrin. The United States has constantly violated our agreements. In Manbij, in Raqqa. When we offered to work there together, they promised that not a single member of the PYD [syrian Kurdish Democratic Union Party] would remain there, don't worry," said Erdogan, expressing deep disappointment over the US’ non-compliance with the agreements reached." © Leader of key NATO member country.

https://sputniknews.com/middleeast/201711171059182504-turkey-erdogan-us-support-daesh/

I don't know what money he thinks we gave Daesh, but while the US may have let some of them quit Raqqa we didn't give them so much as a wooden nickel.

Isn't it a fact that the Assad Regime bought oil from ISIS?

Isn't it a fact that the Assad Regime bought oil from ISIS?

Natural gas, actually, and that was more of an agreement to keep power plants going.

My first thought was: The Russians have put a laser designator on a UAV and are slaving all sorts of munitions to it.

But who knows.

Funny moment: Mattis said that US presence in Syria is approved by... UN resolution. That same resolution that noone saw or heard abour. Maybe we have covered branch of UNSC now?

Top people operate from Briefing Notes about 3 pages long. Either someone goofed and put that into the BN or they are using an interpretation of a existing resolution provided by the JAG rep. If it was in error, someones career went down the toilet.

Thanks. Anyone other than RT perhaps, like Reuters? Because ive tried in vain to search for this on the search engines, and all ive found is RT and Sputnik news, and others quoting them. A little greater breadth in source material would be appreciated.

Well, you can always outstep your discust to those pesky russian fake news and look at external links, which those pesky russians are using freely. Right there, in text. Right to DoD own site.

As I say, got a link? Ive just looked at the DODs website and I can find nothing on this.

As I say, got a link? Ive just looked at the DODs website and I can find nothing on this.

So you REALLY not able to go to RT page and use link from the text? Mkay, I will do that for you.

https://www.defense.gov/News/Transcripts/Transcript-View/Article/1371000/hallway-press-gaggle-by-secretary-mattis/

So you REALLY not able to go to RT page and use link from the text? Mkay, I will do that for you.

https://www.defense.gov/News/Transcripts/Transcript-View/Article/1371000/hallway-press-gaggle-by-secretary-mattis/

Thank you, it was only the link I was asking for.

Sheesh. No wonder Hillary found you guys so difficult to deal with. :)

I am thinking smaller than 152mm. Was thinking guided RP.

@ 1.07 you can see it incoming. Looks like around 500-600 MS^-1.

Looks like two size blasts. Some look bigger with a red flash, others are more mild effects. But maybe I am imagining it.

Edited by KV7

I was also sure the blasts are of varying intensity - which is why I said "all sorts of munitions".

The novelty will be if they are being guided in by the UAV.

Thank you, it was only the link I was asking for.

Sheesh. No wonder Hillary found you guys so difficult to deal with. :)

Welp, if some ideological refusal of looking at RT or at least using exact same link I gave you, which was right before your eyes and I told you about that with direct text, is difficulties to deal with US - then okay. Nothing to add.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=418&v=J4MYOZDK24Q

Al Bukamal* fell today. I would dare to say fighters in this particular video are crack Lebanese Hezbollah, due to use of more professional outfits (helmets, uniforms etc) and discipline in general, in stark contrast with ineffective Iranian-funded militias which are usually no more than cannon fodder.

*effectively the last city held by ISIS in either Syria or Iraq. It was reported as liberated last week already, but it turned out only outskirts were taken.

Edited by Nikolas93TS