In Syria

Marcello

The more I read the less I geddit.

U.N. Golan peacekeepers pull back from Syrian positions amid clashes

UNITED NATIONS (Reuters) - U.N. peacekeepers in the Golan Heights are pulling out from four positions and a camp on the Syrian side of the Syrian-Israeli border due to a severe deterioration of security in the region, the United Nations said on Monday.

The decision to pull blue-helmeted observers back to the Israeli side of...

That's what I don't get, retreating to the Israeli side? But aren't they the murderers, the child killers? The ones who shoot Iron Dome missiles into Gaza schools and hospitals? And the UN retreat to their side! I don't understand anything any longer!

• Replies 16.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Roman Alymov

• Simon Tan

• Stuart Galbraith

• Josh

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

And see how no one talks about the supposed blunder that Israel did by not making an agreement with the Assads in Syria and withdrawing from the Golan, where there would be peacekeepers to guarantee the peace.....

The more I read the less I geddit.

U.N. Golan peacekeepers pull back from Syrian positions amid clashes

UNITED NATIONS (Reuters) - U.N. peacekeepers in the Golan Heights are pulling out from four positions and a camp on the Syrian side of the Syrian-Israeli border due to a severe deterioration of security in the region, the United Nations said on Monday.

The decision to pull blue-helmeted observers back to the Israeli side of...

That's what I don't get, retreating to the Israeli side? But aren't they the murderers, the child killers? The ones who shoot Iron Dome missiles into Gaza schools and hospitals? And the UN retreat to their side! I don't understand anything any longer!

Oops

Moderate and Islamist rebel groups in a Damascus suburb in Syria signed a “non-aggression” agreement with the Islamic State (ISIS), a Syrian monitoring group said. Some of the brigades are part of the U.S.-backed Syrian Revolutionary Front but have now agreed to a truce in Hajar al-Assad with ISIS

So much for moderates. :lol:

200k flee Syria, mostly into Turkey

Also, US airstrikes have begun.

This leaves room for disaster:

The strikes in Syria were not invited by the government of Bashar Assad who is waging a brutal civil war against opponents of his regime, including IS militants. It's unclear how Assad will react to the U.S-led attacks. His military possesses sophisticated anti-aircraft missiles, although most of them are near the capital of Damascus and near the border with Israel.

Edited by Stargrunt6

200k flee Syria, mostly into Turkey

Also, US airstrikes have begun.

This leaves room for disaster:

The strikes in Syria were not invited by the government of Bashar Assad who is waging a brutal civil war against opponents of his regime, including IS militants. It's unclear how Assad will react to the U.S-led attacks. His military possesses sophisticated anti-aircraft missiles, although most of them are near the capital of Damascus and near the border with Israel.

Assad won't do a damn thing. Why would he? We're striking at militants that are against him. With the US and NATO after ISIS, he can concentrate on wiping out the moderate rebels.

Edited by crazyinsane105

Aircraft from several Arab states took part in the attack. They were: Bahrain, Jordan, Qatar, Saudi Arabia and the United Arab Emirates, according to a senior Defense Department official who was not authorized to speak publicly about their participation.

Conflict of interest. :lol:

Aircraft from several Arab states took part in the attack. They were: Bahrain, Jordan, Qatar, Saudi Arabia and the United Arab Emirates, according to a senior Defense Department official who was not authorized to speak publicly about their participation.

Conflict of interest. :lol:

Finally realised that the genie's out of the bottle & out of control, & started panicking.

As manufactured in their launch containers they were supposed to have a 10 year shelf life, sealed (the whole 'wood round' thing from the 80's). No idea about the date of manufacture or if they have been refurbished; I'm sure the IDF wouldn't keep them lying around unless they had a high confidence of them being in working order.

I wonder what ordnance F-22s are cleared for at this point. I believe they only can take up to Mk83 or TMD based munitions internally. SDB was to be integrated; don't know if that happened. But very little ordnance are cleared on it.

Mk 83 = 1000 lbs, and yes two of those or else two of the TMD family. I think SDB was in the cards, which would allow 8, but I don't know if that happened. Not sure even mk 82 was cleared, though the hole in that building doesn't look that impressive so maybe so.

AQ plotters in Syria go dark

As the Khorasan Group came closer to executing the attack, however, U.S. intelligence agencies lost track of the plotters. “We had some information on their plans that did not pan out over the summer,” one senior U.S. intelligence official told The Daily Beast. “They shut it down and went dark.”

IR or some kind of EO. Radar doesn't cast shadows AFAIK.

Good catch. It is just interesting because if it was a F22 who took that using a EO sensor of some kind, I wonder how it is equipped on the aircraft.

Edited by Mr King