Rule Britannia!

Mr King

Well the Vulcan remained in service in the bomber role for nearly 15 years after the RN took over the nuclear deterrent, and the Victor for another 10 years after that in the tanker role ...Anyway here is a very good TV programme on the British aviation industry of those days- " Cold War Hot Jets":

Edited by baboon6

• Replies 372
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Was never a jet lover even when I was in the mob, but I cannot understand, why out of all the classic aircraft the RAF keep flying the Vulcan isn't one of them. I understand it would be very, very expensive, but it's such a fabulous aircraft to see flying. Such a loss.

Does anyone know if there's still a Shackleton flying? I used to work on APS20 2nd line at Lossie.

Does anyone know if there's still a Shackleton flying? I used to work on APS20 2nd line at Lossie.

None flying.

Last I heard, the one at Bagington (Coventry Airport) was performing 4-engine taxi runs. Main spar was out of life, so certification for flight is unlikely.

DB,appreciated.

• 2 weeks later...

The British battleship HMS RODNEY off Spithead for the 1937 Fleet Review. Anchored in the background are two Queen Elizabeth Class battleships and two cruisers of the London Class.

Heh, this picture is awesome... And neatly shows how terribly fugly the Nelrods were :D

• 3 weeks later...