Crisis In Ukraine-The Photos

h18w777

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

But soon it appears Ukraine will be receiving 58 modernized T72M tanks from Hungary.

Hungary has sold the tanks in a deal with Excalibur Defense LTD. As a signing member to the Treaty on Conventional Armed Forces in Europe (CFE Treaty), Hungary must comply with the regulations and its own laws. However, as a private 3rd party, Excalibur is not bound by the treaty, and is free to sell the tanks on to Ukraine.

But soon it appears Ukraine will be receiving 58 modernized T72M tanks from Hungary.

Hungary has sold the tanks in a deal with Excalibur Defense LTD. As a signing member to the Treaty on Conventional Armed Forces in Europe (CFE Treaty), Hungary must comply with the regulations and its own laws. However, as a private 3rd party, Excalibur is not bound by the treaty, and is free to sell the tanks on to Ukraine.

I do not see any sign of modernization in the picture however.

I don't even see any sign of a T-72M in the picture :P

AFAIK Hungary operate(s/d) the following versions: T-72 (Russian, Czech, Polish origin), T-72A/T-72AV (Belorussian), T-72M (Polish), T-72M1 (Polish). Could it be any of the listed?

The flat wagon is Hungarian, at least.

I do not see any sign of modernization in the picture however.

According to this article the tanks are just the M variant. http://www.defenseindustrydaily.com/hungary-sells-t-72-tanks-to-026666/

I'm rather surprised at the ERA coverage of these T-72B3 tanks. It seems awfully poor unless there's some kind of integral ERA coverage on the glacis? What about the side skirts etc? Compare that with the earlier T-72B and there's a massive difference.

I'm rather surprised at the ERA coverage of these T-72B3 tanks. It seems awfully poor unless there's some kind of integral ERA coverage on the glacis? What about the side skirts etc? Compare that with the earlier T-72B and there's a massive difference.

Interesting how on this real life picture the details of the glacis aren't stand out. This picture shows more details, I think those huge bolts are there for purpose.

Does anybody actually ride inside these things? :unsure: I remember the description of what it is like to ride inside in the book RED ARMY, but this is absurd.

Due to the effective enemy artillery fire, they should.