Corinthian

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...

Herro Kitty

http://mic.com/articles/97502/hello-kitty-isn-t-a-cat-apparently?utm_source=policymicFB&utm_medium=main&utm_campaign=social

Hello Kitty's backstory: She's British, has a twin sister and is a "perpetual third-grader." In the '70s, when Hello Kitty was created, Japanese women "loved the idea of Britain. It represented the quintessential idealized childhood, almost like a white-picket fence. So the biography was created exactly for the tastes of that time."

Edited by X-Files

What got me was the stated cost of the normal watermelons. Quite the luxury food.

http://youtu.be/2JNSpMhJLvg

As I recall, normal watermelons aren't expensive in Japan. Mrs B grumbles that they're expensive here, compared to what she thinks is normal.

"I'm really looking forward to lots of people fondling my boobs," Rina Serina told the Tokyo Sports newspaper before the event. "But I would be very happy if you would please be delicate."

"It's for charity," said the 21-year-old. "Squeeze them, donate money -- let's be happy."

^_^

Herro Kitty

http://mic.com/articles/97502/hello-kitty-isn-t-a-cat-apparently?utm_source=policymicFB&utm_medium=main&utm_campaign=social

Hello Kitty's backstory: She's British, has a twin sister and is a "perpetual third-grader." In the '70s, when Hello Kitty was created, Japanese women "loved the idea of Britain. It represented the quintessential idealized childhood, almost like a white-picket fence. So the biography was created exactly for the tastes of that time."

Kitty is not British at all. The character is just a Nijntje rip-off.

"I'm really looking forward to lots of people fondling my boobs," Rina Serina told the Tokyo Sports newspaper before the event. "But I would be very happy if you would please be delicate."

"It's for charity," said the 21-year-old. "Squeeze them, donate money -- let's be happy."

^_^

Alas, none of them are the JAV Idols I prefer.

Yes, I'm picky picky picky. :P hehehehe

As I recall, normal watermelons aren't expensive in Japan. Mrs B grumbles that they're expensive here, compared to what she thinks is normal.

I checked the price of a full watermelon today at a grocery store called Sunplaza. 1380 yen. 12-14 US dollars, depending on the exchange rate. It not expensive like those square watermelons but a bit pricey. Could be that they are cheaper at other times. In Texas, there are huge watermelons that often go for less than 10 US dollars.