tanknet.org

Tanknet Garage And Boathouse

• Replies 394
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

https://www.cnbc.com/2020/05/04/ferrari-is-now-worth-more-than-general-motors-and-ford.html

Ferrari is now worth more than General Motors or Ford, after its market value surged Monday morning to about $30 billion.

Ferrari’s shares jumped as much as 7% on Monday, after the Maranello, Italy-based sports car maker reported better-than-expected earnings. Despite shutting its factory in March, the company’s total shipments of cars increased 5% to 2,738. Revenue fell only 1% to $1.02 billion — better than the $852 billion analysts expected.

The company also restarted its factories in Maranello and Modena on Monday, and are expected to return to full production on Friday.

• 1 month later...

https://www.roadandtrack.com/car-culture/a32917037/a-man-drove-solo-across-america-in-25-hours-55-minutes-in-a-rental-mustang/

But while most of us were twiddling our thumbs at home during the COVID-19 closures (or mourning the loss of our jobs, or dying), a handful of scofflaw endurance drivers were busy making tracks from New York to L.A. Several of these were solo runs, and those of us in the know watched, amazed, as the time it took one person to drive 2800 miles nonstop plummeted from the low-to-mid-30s to just under 28 hours. Even those times, set only a few months ago, were blown out of the water recently when Fred Ashmore, 44, of Hancock, Maine, rented a Mustang GT, removed its passenger seats and other interior accessories, strapped in enough extra fuel tanks to bump the car's capacity to around 130 gallons, and made the trip from the Red Ball garage in Manhattan to the Portofino Hotel & Marina in Redondo Beach with only one stop for fuel.

We're talking about a solo run. One man, one car, a whole lot of gasoline, and an alleged 25-hour, 55-minute elapsed time. That’s an average speed of nearly 108 miles per hour.

That last line reminded me of a really great documentary I saw the other day, about the origins and the remarkable survival of the Mad Max car.

The Dukes of Hazard car must never be seen again.

dukes.png?w=980&q=75

Its actually being taken off Netflix and other online streaming services. Perhaps they can CGI in a new name, The General Sherman strikes me as nicely non contentious.......

I cant remember, did I ever post this up?

And you may as well have this one too. Christine Lives.......

Edited by Stuart Galbraith
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
On 2/14/2020 at 11:43 PM, Panzermann said:

because japan. ;)

New LAwokePD patrol car 

A Tesla crate motor;

https://www.motortrend.com/news/tesla-crate-motor-ev-conversion-small-block-v-8/

• 4 weeks later...