Mr King

• Replies 885
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 2 weeks later...

Nope, German Type 124, same as post #52. APAR and SMART-L radars, open cutter bay is easy distinguishing feature from Dutch De Zeven Provinciën class.

ETA: Wrong again, it's actually a Danish Iver Huitfeldt class; different position of funnels to (fully enclosed) boat bay is giveaway.

Edited by BansheeOne

At Sevastopol: on the left is Ochakov, last of the Kara-class. One the right, Admiral Levchenko, Udaloy-class destroyer visiting from the Northern Fleet. (BSF does not operate Udaloys).

• 2 weeks later...

A classic; 'Murderers Row':

Third Fleet aircraft carriers at anchor in Ulithi Atoll, 8 December 1944, during a break from operations in the Philippines area. The carriers are (from front to back): USS Wasp (CV-18), USS Yorktown (CV-10), USS Hornet (CV-12), USS Hancock (CV-19) and USS Ticonderoga (CV-14).

http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:Murderers_row_at_Ulithi_atoll.jpg

The dark gray Essex-class carrier on the left is Lexington (CV-16)

A classic; 'Murderers Row':

Third Fleet aircraft carriers at anchor in Ulithi Atoll, 8 December 1944, during a break from operations in the Philippines area. The carriers are (from front to back): USS Wasp (CV-18), USS Yorktown (CV-10), USS Hornet (CV-12), USS Hancock (CV-19) and USS Ticonderoga (CV-14).

http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:Murderers_row_at_Ulithi_atoll.jpg

The dark gray Essex-class carrier on the left is Lexington (CV-16)

I'd say Lady Lex has the better camo. All the times I have seen this photo, and I NEVER saw her! :P