tanknet.org

Good Old Fashioned Warship P#rn

• Replies 615
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Reagan is 1092 feet long while Missouri is 887 - about 81% as long. That the carrier is closer to the camera exaggerates the difference.

Mind you, it's less apparent in photos, but Reagan does have about twice the displacement as an Iowa Class battleship.

Reagan is 1092 feet long while Missouri is 887 - about 81% as long. That the carrier is closer to the camera exaggerates the difference.

Mind you, it's less apparent in photos, but Reagan does have about twice the displacement as an Iowa Class battleship.

That's what startled me; there must be some serious foreshortening by the camera lens. I wonder how far away the camera was.

Just shows the preeminent efficiency of the battleship, as opposed to the trendy politicized carrier showboats.

As I was just sailing down in Mobile Bay with his grandson this weekend, I looked around for a good photo of the USS Bulkeley but couldn't find anything inspiring. (1)

So how about instead a photo of Admiral Bulkeley's command, the USS Endicott in late '44...

(1) In talking to my friend John's mother, I didn't know it, but apparently, the was arrested by the Japanese before the war started for some "disagreement" he had with Japanese troops in China. Due to this he got to see how they treated prisoners first hand, though in his case they weren't ready to treat him badly. He was interrogated by a Japanese Officer who went to a US university and who decided Bulkeley wasn't a spy, so they released him.

THE GLORIOUS LANDING SHIP TANK THAT IS THE BRP SIERRA MADRE PROUDLY FLIES THE PHILIPPINE FLAG AT AYUNGIN SHOAL WHERE HER IMPOSING RUSTY PROFILE SILHOUETTED AGAINST THE SETTING SUN HAS SINGLEHANDEDLY HELD OFF THE GODLESS COMMUNIST CHINESE NAVAL HORDES AT BAY WITH HER FIFTY-CAL MACHINEGUNS AND RUSTY STEEL SHARDS!!!1!!!!1!11!

:lol:

It is not a ship. It is a Fortress of Power. BWUHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

Read somewhere it's no longer on the list of commissioned ships in the Philippine Navy. But neither has it been officially decomissioned.

A classic; 'Murderers Row':

Third Fleet aircraft carriers at anchor in Ulithi Atoll, 8 December 1944, during a break from operations in the Philippines area. The carriers are (from front to back): USS Wasp (CV-18), USS Yorktown (CV-10), USS Hornet (CV-12), USS Hancock (CV-19) and USS Ticonderoga (CV-14).

http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:Murderers_row_at_Ulithi_atoll.jpg

Edited by shep854
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.