Skywalkre

Its historical basis is tenuous at best.

Not even close to that level of respectability - it is 100% made up, and defies all common sense. The germans did not have an autoloaded gun like that, and the idea of using an E-100 chassis with full hull armour to carry an AT gun behind 20mm armour is simply retarded. With the pile of shit WG has lumbered us with the only way to get it close to balanced will make it really unfun to play (like the AMX-50 foch, which never had a 155mm autoloader considered AFACT and is no fun to play with the terrible gun stats to balance it), and since WG doesn't want to nerf the drum size then it'll be unfun to play against either since every tank in game can be deleted in 10s for the massive tactical error of being spotted.

Agreed with the lack of any historical precedence.

I'd still argue that the thing isn't the "glass cannon" WG initially made it out to be. This is by virtue of its hit point pool. Given the game mechanics, the lack of turret armor doesn't in my mind make this thing a glass cannon. I'd argue (assuming this thing is to remain in the game) that u leave the gun and such as is, but drastically reduce the hit point pool this thing possess. Ratchet it way back to that of a Tier VI or VII TD. AND; make gun and crew module damage as a result of turret penetrations a much higher probability than current parameters.

A glass cannon in my mind means something that remains at extreme stand-off range. It relies upon stealth and a big boom stick. But if it's spotted and hit, it's pretty much dead.

• Replies 190
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Btw for Max: Of course if you are spotted in presence of WT E 100 you are demolished in 10s. Totally. If you are in the open and the WT driver is good :P Just being spotted really doesn't destroy you. It is really similar to the FV / 183 - one trick pony, if played by above average player, devastating, if played by average player, dead meat.

Not really. An FV215b will take 30s at least to kill a maus, and getting to cover in 10s, especially for the slower heavies, is not possible even if he doesn't track you. Every tank sucks with a noob driving it, but when you check the WR comparison graphs players of all skill levels do significantly above average in it. No other tank in the game can expect to yolo straight into the enemy team and end up with 1 kill, and you need at least half a dozen heavies/mediums to reliably kill the "glass cannon" before it can take out a maus.

As for the 15cm AA guns with automatic loading... Yea, totally made up :)

So why doesn't it look like this?

That 15cm gun is very different to the 15cm gun in-game anyway, it has a higher muzzle velocity meaning it can be used for AA. The WTF-100's gun cannot, since it's a derp gun with 15 degrees of elevation. There is literally zero reason for germany to design the WTF-100, and for WG to put it into the game is the height of retardation.

I'm waiting for the TOG III. Twice as long, three times as tall, and half as wide with two 16" naval guns mounted on a rotating carriage. Sort of like the Monitor in the US Civil War except on land. I believe it was called a "Cheesebox on a Raft".

In 9.0 WG will be introducing a new german "glass canyon" with similar dimensions to the TOGIII*. Like the Waffle, it will have a six round clip. It has 4500 hit points. But since it has no armor to speak of, it should be really-really easy to destroy. After extensive playing testing WG has indicated that it won't affect Tier X match balance adversely. Unlike the Waffle or many other in-game vehicles, this was a real life German TD.

I can't wait to get one of these babies behind a bush in a hull-down position.

Nothing that cannot be derped by this:

Some info on Historical Battle Mode and how it will work.

I don't follow QuickyBaby. Has he always been a fanboy? He mentions halfway through that video "I have complete faith they can balance this." Umm... where's he been for the last two lines of vehicles they've introduced to the game, all the new game modes, etc. :blink:

He's right in that this sounds like a great way to grind out stock tanks. Given that the games will not be balanced in numbers (since the German tanks are almost all higher tier per battle) I also have a distant hope that eventually pubbies will pick up on swarming tactics (since that's the only hope they'll have against fanboy German players picking the KT and Jagdtiger).

I'm disappointed to hear they'll be including Assault and Encounter. Those were horribly thought out when released and I haven't heard/read anything to indicate they're all that much better now (and the rare times I've run across them recently in TCs and Platooning confirms this).

It'll be real interesting to see what the queue times are for German players. I'm pretty sure for both the NA and EU servers that German tanks are the most played by far (especially when looking at these historical ones that players may know). I can already foresee something similar to WoW after they introduced their dungeon finder. In that when you queued you could queue as tank, healer, or dps. Given few players played the former two and said roles only filled up 2/5 of a group you had instant queues for them and very long ones for dps. I can already see US and Soviet players being the tank and healer of this and getting near instant queues while German players will be the dps and having to wait forever.

What about consumables and equipment? He doesn't touch on them. Are those still in the control of players or will they be reset? If so I can already see specific German OP setups involving spall liners (they finally have a use, yay!) and optics with crews maxed out for vision (which isn't too different from what's trending now).

Edit: Also, THIS is how you do a new game mode announcement/preview/whatever. What you don't do is that announcement they made for the 8v8 for WoWp.

Edited by Skywalkre

Maybe he isn't a fanboy, just a bit more sensible? :P

AFAIK equipment and consumables will stay. modules will be automatically mounted for free for the duration. Not sure about situation when you'd have to mount stock suspension for example.

I am looking forward to a lot players finding that their OP setups aren't there :) Good thing I kept M36, will have something with 90mm for the Ardennes. Hellcat fans will probably be disappointed by the lack thereof - and I look forward to tears of KV-122 drivers waking up with 76mm.

I liked the 76 on the Hellcat so much that I ran it that way for a couple months after it came out. I'd find a good spot, bang off 2 or 3 shots then haul ass. It worked pretty well, just took forever to kill some of the heavies. But if historical is fun, I have the cash and gold laying around to buy an M36 and put a crew in it. I also still have my Tiger 1 crew in my Loewe.

Thing about the "Romboid White Trash" and "Wafflehouse" panzers any substantial HE hit or even near miss should have a solid chance to neturalize the crew (except perhaps the driver).

Ether that or make the HPs akin to an SPG.

Happened to me once in an AMX ELC. Tank was still intact but the 2x man crew was dead!

Here's two more reasons why Historical Battles may be worth playing: no arty and no autoloaders. I'm now hoping this new feature is a massive success so WG can look at removing the above two from the game.

Edit: Rereading the WoT subreddit post on this subject 2 folks made mention (one a WG employee, another a unicum who usually has a clue what he's talking about) that there will be some sort of cap on vehicles. What little was shown in QuickyBaby's post made it seem like you just pick a vehicle and queue. So... will we be seeing 6 KTs vs 15 ISs or is there some hidden ruleset where it'll only allow 2-3 KTs in the battle and wait to launch it til there's some lower tier tanks as well?

Edited by Skywalkre

Thing about the "Romboid White Trash" and "Wafflehouse" panzers any substantial HE hit or even near miss should have a solid chance to neturalize the crew (except perhaps the driver).

Ether that or make the HPs akin to an SPG.

The hps being lower is one issue. A 'glass cannon' shouldn't be on the high end of hps for its type and tier (which it still is even after the slight nerf). The Waffle should be down at Foch level (1800-1850 hps).

The other glaring issue is the dpm coupled to the burst. Autoloaders should not have both. Yes, the Waffle has a lengthy reload time but what it can do when fully loaded is ridiculous in game terms (again, even after the 'nerf' they gave it). Autoloaders should not have high dpm, period. The Bat actually has abysmal dpm for a tier 10 medium but makes up for it in other ways. The Foch is now at the bottom for tier 10 TDs after the alpha nerf and that's a good thing. That TD is no longer a no-brainer to take and actually has some tradeoffs. The Waffle has none. It needs to be nerfed down to Foch levels of dpm (2200ish from the 2800ish it is now) which would mean either reducing the drum or increasing its reload.

Someone commented on the WoT subreddit that the Waffle is apparently upcoming for an 'On Track' event and that they'd leave it OP til everyone spends money to get it and then nerf it down to where it should be. I wouldn't put it past them. :glare:

Btw for Max: Of course if you are spotted in presence of WT E 100 you are demolished in 10s. Totally. If you are in the open and the WT driver is good :P Just being spotted really doesn't destroy you. It is really similar to the FV / 183 - one trick pony, if played by above average player, devastating, if played by average player, dead meat.

Not really. An FV215b will take 30s at least to kill a maus, and getting to cover in 10s, especially for the slower heavies, is not possible even if he doesn't track you. Every tank sucks with a noob driving it, but when you check the WR comparison graphs players of all skill levels do significantly above average in it. No other tank in the game can expect to yolo straight into the enemy team and end up with 1 kill, and you need at least half a dozen heavies/mediums to reliably kill the "glass cannon" before it can take out a maus.

As for the 15cm AA guns with automatic loading... Yea, totally made up :)

So why doesn't it look like this?

That 15cm gun is very different to the 15cm gun in-game anyway, it has a higher muzzle velocity meaning it can be used for AA. The WTF-100's gun cannot, since it's a derp gun with 15 degrees of elevation. There is literally zero reason for germany to design the WTF-100, and for WG to put it into the game is the height of retardation.

Isn't that the gun they managed to squeeze into the Pz 38H in the game? :)

So almost done with the E 50 grind. It's... not bad now. It's got one really glaring downside, though. In my last 42 games I've had 8 incidents of engines knocked out or fires. If you're going to play this you're going to blow a lot of repair kits and fire extinguishers.

So almost done with the E 50 grind. It's... not bad now. It's got one really glaring downside, though. In my last 42 games I've had 8 incidents of engines knocked out or fires. If you're going to play this you're going to blow a lot of repair kits and fire extinguishers.

U also running it with the driver perk for cleaning up the engine (whatever the hell it's called)?

Also: are u getting ammo racked a lot in the E50? Just curious if I'm gonna need to run wet ammo rack in the thing. I'm running it my panther and panther 2. Dunno how susceptible the panther 2 is to getting ammo racked and just assumed it was about as bad as the panther 1.

List of T7 CC and Vickers MkIV buffs just got pooped out on "For the Record"

T7 is going to be way-way more speedy. Is 27mm enough pen to put holes in T18 side\rear?

source: WotLeaks VK community

T7 CC

- maximum forward speed changed from 38,6 to 56 km/h
- maximum reverse speed changed from 16 to 20 km/h
- ammo carried from 1100 to 1350 rounds
- rate of fire from 450 to 550 RPM
- maximum firing range from 350 to 395 meters
- penetration from 22 to 27mm

Mk.VIc

- penetration from 25 to 27mm

Edited by jwduquette1

U also running it with the driver perk for cleaning up the engine (whatever the hell it's called)?

Also: are u getting ammo racked a lot in the E50? Just curious if I'm gonna need to run wet ammo rack in the thing. I'm running it my panther and panther 2. Dunno how susceptible the panther 2 is to getting ammo racked and just assumed it was about as bad as the panther 1.

Preventative Maintenance? No. There's a website out there that crunches the changes in % when using that and it didn't seem all that much and I've never seen a post either breaking down the math showing how it's worthwhile or numbers of using it vs not using it.

I have a 280ish crew in it right now and this is how I have them broken down:

Commander: Sixth Sense, Eagle Eye

Gunner: Repairs, Snap Shot

Driver: Repairs, Clutch Breaking

RO: Situational Awareness, Repairs

Loader: Repairs, Camo

Equipment: Vents, Rammer, Coated Optics

Consumables: Large First Aid, Large Repair Kit, Auto Fire Extinguisher

Ammo racks are rare. Haven't used a kit on one in quite a while. Sadly what is fairly common is losing your gunner. Folks who know how to engage you aim for the turret and end up taking him or my TC out. I've used far more Large Health Kits on this than any other tank, by far.

As already mentioned fires are extremely common and compared to other tanks this thing seems to lose a lot of modules when hit by arty.

Since I swapped to repairs on most of my crew I've almost never needed to burn a kit for repairing tracks. When this thing was stock I was blowing through a repair kit almost every other game.

I'm starting to see how it's a tank that can be abusive in pub games but it's an expensive tank if that's what you're going for. Will likely finish the grind, use converted XP while playing on it more to get the T-25, and then buy and never play the 50M.

Edit: I now just noticed I didn't put this E 50 stuff in the WoT Part Deux thread. Oh well, not the first time in here something's been misplaced.

Edited by Skywalkre

List of T7 CC and Vickers MkIV buffs just got pooped out on "For the Record"

T7 is going to be way-way more speedy. Is 27mm enough pen to put holes in T18 side\rear?

source: WotLeaks VK community

T7 CC

- maximum forward speed changed from 38,6 to 56 km/h

- maximum reverse speed changed from 16 to 20 km/h

- ammo carried from 1100 to 1350 rounds

- rate of fire from 450 to 550 RPM

- penetration from 22 to 27mm

Mk.VIc

- penetration from 25 to 27mm

I don't think 27mm can do it.

Per FTR Confrontation is being disabled in 9.0. They don't know yet if it's permanent. Enjoy all the games you can get (which means if you' on the NA servers, all 2-3 you'll see before 9.0 hits)!.

FTR had the answer to a question about Historical Battles I was curious about:

- the way MM will work in historical battles is simple: each vehicle will have its special HB MM weight, both teams are to have the same weight and a hardcap on each team’s MM weight sum
- fixed setups (SS: as in, 5xPanzer IV and 1x Tiger vs 5x T-34 and 1x IS) for historical battles were not implemented, because they caused queues

So... it will be possible to see battles with say, 6 KTs vs 12 ISs. A couple months after this comes out I wouldn't be surprised to see this being the case (with the occasional lower tier tank being driven by someone looking to make the stock grind easier or just not knowing how things work).

Like I've said before I still expect queues for German players to be incredibly long even with this setup.

Per FTR Confrontation is being disabled in 9.0. They don't know yet if it's permanent. Enjoy all the games you can get (which means if you' on the NA servers, all 2-3 you'll see before 9.0 hits)!.

Any official reason given why?

I like the concept, but have only gotten 5, out of quite a lot. Too few to give final judgement for me.

I dont understand. If you want something tested, you test it, not disable it.

I have killed T18's with my Vickers into the sides and rear, but have never killed one with my T7, have managed to hurt them a tiny bit. I would think the 15mm would penetrate more than the 12.7?