Skywalkre

Just a guess, but I assume because it's too lopsided and they want to focus on a mode that is easier to balance, like historical mode.

Yeah, this. There was a comment from Storm that it's simply not balanced (which the player-made graphs linked earlier showed) and they don't have the resources to fix it atm. Sounds like it'll come back someday.

• Replies 190
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok. Thanks.

I have a clue now why I keep playing Wot - no other game out there entertaining enough atm. And playing against others always adds value.

Example - I really liked Panzer General 2, found a free download of it yesterday. As expected, it hadn't aged properly for me.

Think I will pick Kerbal SP soon though.

That being said. Home sick today resulted in the decision to start reaching for T34/85 (tried KV-13, did not like).

Going back to T-46 was really refreshing.

Just got T-50, have only run it for 3 matches. A bit slower than I thought, even with latest nerf in mind. Guessing I will like T-34 quite some.

FTR had the answer to a question about Historical Battles I was curious about:

- the way MM will work in historical battles is simple: each vehicle will have its special HB MM weight, both teams are to have the same weight and a hardcap on each team’s MM weight sum

- fixed setups (SS: as in, 5xPanzer IV and 1x Tiger vs 5x T-34 and 1x IS) for historical battles were not implemented, because they caused queues

So... it will be possible to see battles with say, 6 KTs vs 12 ISs. A couple months after this comes out I wouldn't be surprised to see this being the case (with the occasional lower tier tank being driven by someone looking to make the stock grind easier or just not knowing how things work).

Like I've said before I still expect queues for German players to be incredibly long even with this setup.

They may enforce minimum player numbers, so combined with the hardcap if you only have tiger 2's in queue everyone will have to wait for panzer 2s to fill out the roster.

FTR had the answer to a question about Historical Battles I was curious about:

- the way MM will work in historical battles is simple: each vehicle will have its special HB MM weight, both teams are to have the same weight and a hardcap on each team’s MM weight sum

- fixed setups (SS: as in, 5xPanzer IV and 1x Tiger vs 5x T-34 and 1x IS) for historical battles were not implemented, because they caused queues

So... it will be possible to see battles with say, 6 KTs vs 12 ISs. A couple months after this comes out I wouldn't be surprised to see this being the case (with the occasional lower tier tank being driven by someone looking to make the stock grind easier or just not knowing how things work).

Like I've said before I still expect queues for German players to be incredibly long even with this setup.

They may enforce minimum player numbers, so combined with the hardcap if you only have tiger 2's in queue everyone will have to wait for panzer 2s to fill out the roster.

The second point quoted above would seem to indicate otherwise. Queues are already going to be long for German players, can you imagine how long they'd be if you needed certain tanks per battle?

Meh. Given WG's inability to fix maps (sometimes repeatedly) in the past I have zero confidence the changes coming up in 9.0 will be any different.

Second round of the test begins.

Marek,

Are the pics in post #55 what the tanks will look like in 9.0? If so they will be awesome.

Someone posted about auto-aim changes coming in 9.0 in the WoT subreddit. Whereas in the current version (which is useless) the game aims about center mass the change to it will have the game aim towards the bottom of the target. If you use it on an opponent out in the open or when circling your shots will go LFP/tracks/engine (which is a buff to auto-aim). If you use it on a hull-down opponent your shots will go into the ground (a nerf... but then you never should've been using auto-aim in the first place).

actually i tend to use auto aim in certain circumstances:

1. i'm circling a target and there are lots of obstacles in the way that can get me killed if ran into.
  2. long range BVR derping (it aims at the target and not the hill before it).
  3. short range derping YOLO, when aiming is not even possible and i want to keep my situational awareness.

The current iteration of auto-aim may have a use in very limited situations but that's more than offset by the mouthbreathers who use it far too much to no effect. Like HE for 90% of the tanks out there it's simply something that bad players misunderstand and overuse (and then get stuck on your team and horribly underperform).

The current iteration of auto-aim may have a use in very limited situations but that's more than offset by the mouthbreathers who use it far too much to no effect. Like HE for 90% of the tanks out there it's simply something that bad players misunderstand and overuse (and then get stuck on your team and horribly underperform).

In reference the red text above maybe you can help. I use HE for my KV-1 122mm (U11?) and Jumbo 105mm all the time. Lately they haven't seemed as effective. Where my KV-1 used to just trash (Not one shot but seriously hurt) mediums and some heavies at T6 and below. Now I seem to just be doing slight damage. So what may I be doing wrong?

In reference the red text above maybe you can help. I use HE for my KV-1 122mm (U11?) and Jumbo 105mm all the time. Lately they haven't seemed as effective. Where my KV-1 used to just trash (Not one shot but seriously hurt) mediums and some heavies at T6 and below. Now I seem to just be doing slight damage. So what may I be doing wrong?

HE mechanics are a bit... annoying. The damage is cut in half if you fail to pen and on top of that there's a whole slew of other factors that come into play that likely bring it down from there. Even low health targets aren't a guaranteed kill with HE now. In short, don't fire HE if you're not going to pen the target. Derp guns firing HE at tier 5 (and to a lesser extent, tier 6) work because you still see lots of targets that have no armor (especially when top tier in a fight).

I'll be blunt: you're using big guns for a psychological reasons (you're remembering the rare but hilarious moments where you do absurd amounts of damage) rather than game effectiveness ones. The KV-1 should be using the 57mm. The Jumbo should be firing HEAT if you're using the 105 (though given the HEAT nerfs you're better off using the base turret and 76mm M1A1).

Minus my E 100 I don't carry HE anymore and I can't think of a moment where it's hurt me.

Shooting at the armored part? Some time ago already HE damage was reworked and if you fire at armored parts of enemy vehicle, you do far less damage or none at all.

Yes but It seems like it changed again after that change. And sometimes it stills does a lot. I aim for turret if their front is facing me. Hoping to disable gun or get commander or gunner. I usually go for side or rear shots if I have my choice.

Really just wondering if I should use a different gun or ammo for KV-1 and Jumbo? I have been using the 122 and 105 for ages. Also, wondering if I am using HE wrong?