Skywalkre

http://ftr.wot-news.com/2014/02/27/0-9-0-details/

- historical battles mode (Kursk, Balaton operation, Ardennes)
- graphic changes: new shaders, allowing for more realistic graphic sufaces (wood, metal etc.)
- following models will be available in HD: T-34/85, IS, T-54, Panther, Tiger I, Maus, Sherman, Hellcat, M103, Churchill I, Centurion 7/1, Tortoise
- turrets flying off during ammo rack explosion
- active independent suspension (each wheel reacting on surface)
- new graphic settings window
- fixed following maps for better gameplay balance: Serene Coast, Pearl River, Malinovka, Severogorsk
- improved soundtrack quality

Still not seeing stuff that I think is most important (meaningful changes to the MM, removing troll platoons, light tank overhaul, useful tutorials, etc.). However, as others on the reddit thread mentioned, you can see the influence of WT on WG's development cycle. Competition is always a good thing.

I'm going to call this right now - these Historical Battles will be as rare as Confrontation is now. With the majority of players in German vehicles I bet you'll have to wait forever to get any of those scenarios set up.

• Replies 190
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Turrets flying should be an interesting change.

I'll be interested to see if the map tweaks include removal of significant amounts of vegetation ala the previous map tweaks.

Still no Waffle nerf.

Have been in only two confrontations since release. Last week I even did the thing where u turn-off other match options (encounter and assault) just to see if it would land me in more. Nope. Still just the two.

I turned off other match options, got confrontation and standard match on circa fifty-fifty. Tier 5-6 (M4, T1 HT, Hellcat ;)) and 9 (T54E1, M103; yep, statpadding). Maybe it works on EU server, maybe it works with US tanks.

Edited by Przezdzieblo

Something on the "The Wargamer" today about WG plans for WoT in 2014:

http://www.wargamer.com/news/8169/wargaming-announces-fundamental-improvements-for-world-of-tanks

February 27, 2014 — Wargaming today released the trailer for a World of Tanks developer diaries series, focusing on major improvements the game will receive in 2014.

“It will be a truly transformative year for the game,” said World of Tanks Producer Mike Zhivets. “Enhancements planned for 2014 touch upon the very core of World of Tanks, and each of them will overhaul the look and feel of the title, inducing the tank combat experience we deliver with a whole new level of realism and immersion.”

Throughout 2014, World of Tanks will receive a revamped graphics renderer, adding a greater level of detail to vehicle models and providing for a more realistic gaming environment [i added the bold and underline stuff]. The technical enhancements in the game will also extend to its physics engine, introducing a highly responsive gaming environment, dynamic suspension, blown-off turrets and damageable small parts, while its gameplay will be enriched with the highly requested Historical Battles and a new meta game functionality—Fortified Areas.

The company will explain each new feature in greater detail throughout the series of developer diaries.

###

About World of Tanks
World of Tanks is the first and only team-based, massively multiplayer online action game dedicated to armored warfare. Throw yourself into the epic tank battles of World War II with other steel cowboys all over the world. Your arsenal includes over 300 armored vehicles from United States, Germany, the Soviet Union, France, Great Britain, Japan and China, carefully detailed with historical accuracy.

Join World of Tanks:

· http://worldoftanks.eu/registration/ (Europe)
· http://worldoftanks.com/registration/ (North America)
· http://worldoftanks.asia/registration/en/ (Asia)
· http://worldoftanks.kr/registration/ko/ (Republic of Korea)

About Wargaming
Wargaming is an award-winning online game developer and publisher and one of the leaders in the free-to-play MMO market. Founded as a privately held company in 1998, Wargaming has shipped more than 15 titles. Currently, Wargaming is focused on its team-based MMO war series dedicated to the mid-20th century warfare that will include the armored World of Tanks, the flight combat World of Warplanes, and the naval World of Warships. The three intertwined titles will form a common gaming universe integrated within the portal www.wargaming.net.

Official website:
· www.wargaming.co

Ive gotten a few confrontations.

Im thinking the Historical battles will be selected and not part of the random circulation like company and team battles?

Looking forward to popping turrets. Hatch volcanos would be just as graphic.

Edited by Paul G.

When is multi-turret coming?

Looks like never at this point:

- multi-gun mechanism was postponed to year “who-the-fuck-knows” (SS: as in, shelved)

Which is odd because I was under the impression they were going to have something similar in WoWs and simply port it over to WoT.

/shrugs

When is multi-turret coming?

Looks like never at this point:

- multi-gun mechanism was postponed to year “who-the-fuck-knows” (SS: as in, shelved)

Which is odd because I was under the impression they were going to have something similar in WoWs and simply port it over to WoT.

/shrugs

Once upon a time it was supposed to be implemented with the French tanks when they came in...

As much as I may argue with Skywalkre he at least tries to formulate his arguments... :)

yeah well given how much of a clue the useless morons that run this game have, id be willing to be my comments are just as likely to have an impact on their decisions as the best constructed argument ever made.

Big Q&A:

http://ftr.wot-news.com/2014/02/28/storm-talks-about-9-0-mega-qa/

Still no Waffle nerfs.

/facepalm

Whoever handles balance for WG is clueless beyond belief...

Of course. The alternative is too painful to consider.

If WT was nerfed seriously to not kill you in one burst when you go out in the open alone, then in few months you would be telling how the clueless completely killed it. Let's call it AMX 50B syndrom ;)

yeah well given how much of a clue the useless morons that run this game have, id be willing to be my comments are just as likely to have an impact on their decisions as the best constructed argument ever made.

As my grandmother said to me "You don't like cooking - don't eat it and go cook yourself".

Big Q&A:

http://ftr.wot-news.com/2014/02/28/storm-talks-about-9-0-mega-qa/

Still no Waffle nerfs.

/facepalm

Whoever handles balance for WG is clueless beyond belief...

Of course. The alternative is too painful to consider.

If WT was nerfed seriously to not kill you in one burst when you go out in the open alone, then in few months you would be telling how the clueless completely killed it. Let's call it AMX 50B syndrom ;)

Umm... huh?

First, the 50B was never on the level of the waffle. From the start it actually had a lot of weaknesses.

Second, No one ever asked for the Waffle. Its historical basis is tenuous at best.

Third, If they nerfed it to where it was balanced I'd be saying 'about damn time' and not lamenting the change. Comments like the one above make me wonder if you even read what I write. We don't need two bojan's in this forum.

Fourth, the entire line is horribly OP and every way you can measure that shows it to be the case. Whoever is responsible for balance for this game is just bad. If you can offer a well thought out argument for how the waffle line is a good thing for the game I'm all ears but I know such an argument doesn't exist.

Its historical basis is tenuous at best.

Not even close to that level of respectability - it is 100% made up, and defies all common sense. The germans did not have an autoloaded gun like that, and the idea of using an E-100 chassis with full hull armour to carry an AT gun behind 20mm armour is simply retarded. With the pile of shit WG has lumbered us with the only way to get it close to balanced will make it really unfun to play (like the AMX-50 foch, which never had a 155mm autoloader considered AFACT and is no fun to play with the terrible gun stats to balance it), and since WG doesn't want to nerf the drum size then it'll be unfun to play against either since every tank in game can be deleted in 10s for the massive tactical error of being spotted.

As my grandmother said to me "You don't like cooking - don't eat it and go cook yourself".

well thank god im not part of your family.

if someone tries to serve me something that tastes like shit ill tell them. if they cant handle criticism then maybe they shouldnt bake.

Or maybe you should not go for Sushi if you don't like it and then rage about how you don't like it and instead go for pasta? It is better for the nerves ;)

Btw for Max: Of course if you are spotted in presence of WT E 100 you are demolished in 10s. Totally. If you are in the open and the WT driver is good :P Just being spotted really doesn't destroy you. It is really similar to the FV / 183 - one trick pony, if played by above average player, devastating, if played by average player, dead meat.

As for the 15cm AA guns with automatic loading... Yea, totally made up :)

I'm waiting for the TOG III. Twice as long, three times as tall, and half as wide with two 16" naval guns mounted on a rotating carriage. Sort of like the Monitor in the US Civil War except on land. I believe it was called a "Cheesebox on a Raft".

I'm waiting for the TOG III. Twice as long, three times as tall, and half as wide with two 16" naval guns mounted on a rotating carriage. Sort of like the Monitor in the US Civil War except on land. I believe it was called a "Cheesebox on a Raft".

In 9.0 WG will be introducing a new german "glass canyon" with similar dimensions to the TOGIII*. Like the Waffle, it will have a six round clip. It has 4500 hit points. But since it has no armor to speak of, it should be really-really easy to destroy. After extensive play testing WG has indicated that it won't affect Tier X match balance adversely. Unlike the Waffle or many other in-game vehicles, this was a real life German TD.

I can't wait to get one of these babies behind a bush in a hull-down position.

Edited by jwduquette1