Kiev Is Burning

X-Files

There is also a Yuri Timoshenko in the running. Totally not confusable with Yulia. :wacko: Allegedly two men of Yulia's tried to bribe him to leave the election and were arrested by police.

Well, If we go into dignity of Ukr elections: This man is not only Yuri Timoshenko – but Yuri Vladimirovich Timoshenko, making him exact copy of Yulia Vladimirovna Timoshenko in terms of second name and initial letters of the name (usually printed in ballots and on promo materials). It is to decrease Yulia Timoshenko by few percent points as not all woters would be able to find proper candidate in the list of 39 names – nice step from Poroshenko’s team as this few voters may decisive in getting to second tour.

And, to connect it to military affairs: another useful feature of Yuri Timoshenko is decreasing popularity of Yulia Timoshenko by publishing billboards with slogans to be wrongly attributed to her. One of this messages is calling for total mobilization for war against Rus aggression – billboard with this call are posted across Eastern Ukraine (pro-Ukr controlled part). Other billboards are calling for visa regime with Russia. This is clear indication President Timosheno is fully aware this ideas are actually toxic in Ukraine.

%D0%B1%D0%BE%D1%80%D0%B42.jpg

%D0%B1%D0%BE%D1%80%D0%B43.jpg

• Replies 89.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Roman Alymov

• Stuart Galbraith

• glenn239

• Josh

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

And more about "dignity" and "independence"

https://thehill.com/hilltv/rising/434875-top-ukrainian-justice-official-says-us-ambassador-gave-him-a-do-not-prosecute

Ukrainian Prosecutor General Yuriy Lutsenko told Hill.TV's John Solomon in an interview that aired Wednesday that U.S. Ambassador to Ukraine Marie Yovanovitch gave him a do not prosecute list during their first meeting.

The State Department denied Lutsenko's allegation, and I've never heard of any US Ambassador ever doing such a thing.

The list of “untouchable” names leaked by former commander of one of nazi volunteer battalions (especially interesting is No.4 man in this list – now in the center of weapons deals corruption scandals, his second name is translated like “pig farmer”, that is why Nazis are throwing toy pigs at Poroshenko)

54729497_2365392633691840_41171985266041

This is all evil Russian disinformatsiya against best ally of US and EU, Petro Poroshenko. Russia also preventing Ukranians in Donbass and Crimea from freely voting in this election as well as Ukranians forced to work in Russia.

This is all evil Russian disinformatsiya against best ally of US and EU, Petro Poroshenko. Russia also preventing Ukranians in Donbass and Crimea from freely voting in this election as well as Ukranians forced to work in Russia.

Well, Poroshenko trolls are saying exactly that – all this is sponsored by Russia, every person who is against him is Russian agent etc.

https://www.rt.com/news/450255-ukraine-campaign-ad-putin/

Ukraine’s Petro Poroshenko made people scratch their heads when his pompous campaign ad managed to suggest that he is running against none other than Russia’s Vladimir Putin.

With the presidential campaign in full swing, Poroshenko formally announced that he will seek a second term on Tuesday. However, one of his latest ads raised a few eyebrows as it implied that the incumbent leader of Ukraine will be running not against any local contender but Vladimir Putin himself.

The Russian president is, of course, not participating in the race. Poroshenko has more than 20 actual opponents, most of whom are established, well-known Ukrainian politicians. Yet, his campaign kicked off by brandishing the slogan: “It’s either Putin, or Poroshenko.”

The phrase appeared on large screens during a media event in Kiev where Poroshenko announced his candidacy. It was accompanied by close-up shots of Poroshenko juxtaposed with Putin in way that made it seem like the men were glaring at each other.

The ad surprised local reporters. “When this argument gets tossed around by anonymous commenters online, who suggest that those daring to criticize the government are all agents of the Kremlin… you think that some idiots are controlling the bots,” wrote Ukrainian journalist Maryana Pyetsukh, who was among the first to draw attention to the ad.

51176038_10218769568660000_3941549087345

“Does Putin know that he can be elected in Ukraine instead of Poroshenko? I wonder what the ballots will look like.”

Edited by Roman Alymov

Can Putin even run as a Russian national? Is it possible to be a Ukranian Russian dual national?

Everything possible in Ukraine, at least for one with enough money for bribes :)

Kolomoysky has a triple Ukrainian-Israeli-Cyprus citizenship, despite the law penalizing dual citizenship in Ukraine. By way of explanation, Kolomoyskyi stated that: "The constitution prohibits double citizenship but triple citizenship is not forbidden."

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ihor_Kolomoyskyi

Ukraine election: Comedian leads presidential contest

A comedian with no political experience has won the most votes in the first round of Ukraine's presidential elections, early results indicate.

With half the ballots counted, Volodymyr Zelenskiy - who plays the president on TV - got about 30%, with current leader Petro Poroshenko on 16%.

The two - who have expressed largely pro-EU opinions - are set to take part in a run-off election next month.

Former prime minister Yulia Tymoshenko appears to have been eliminated.

"I'm very happy but this is not the final action," Mr Zelenskiy told the BBC's Jonah Fisher, minutes after exit polls were announced.

Mr Poroshenko described his second-place showing as a "harsh lesson".

The interior ministry says hundreds of electoral violations have been reported, but foreign observers say the vote appeared to be mainly smooth.

A total of 39 candidates were on the ballot paper. With none receiving more than 50%, the top two will go forward to the run-off on 21 April.

The Ukrainian president has significant powers over security, defence and foreign policy, in a system described as semi-presidential.

Mr Zelenskiy is aiming to turn his satirical TV show Servant of the People - in which he portrays an ordinary citizen who becomes president after fighting corruption - into reality.

He has torn up the rulebook for election campaigning, staging no rallies and giving few interviews. He appears to have no strong political views apart from a wish to be new and different.

His extensive use of social media appealed to younger voters.

Mr Zelenskiy's readiness to speak both Russian and Ukrainian, at a time when language rights are a hugely sensitive topic, gained him support in Ukraine's largely Russian-speaking east.

His Achilles heel, however, is his relationship with Ukraine's most controversial oligarch, Igor Kolomoisky, says our Kiev correspondent.

Mr Kolomoisky is the owner of TV channel 1+1 - which has given fulsome support to Me Zelenskiy.

The oligarch, who lives in self-imposed exile, faces numerous investigations in Ukraine into his business dealings.

But Mr Zelenskiy has insisted he is "no puppet" of Mr Kolomoisky.

The BBC article has the vote totals and an interactive map giving details of how each oblast voted.

Meanwhile Ukraine continue with sale of Soviet heritage: Former deputy chief designer of Kharkov tank plant fined for UHR 3.5K (about USD 130) for his unofficial work as advisor for Chinese "Machine plant #1"(he was paid about USD 1K per month for his consultations about reactive armor and anti-landmine protection )
https://www.epravda.com.ua/news/2019/04/1/646596/?fbclid=IwAR2dukUbOY6M52UVkblvM9DDarpWNHNBIdwXbXp-SfoUC6S2a8DvlRC8NqY

Strike another one up for internet based populism campaigns. Well he cant be any worse than Timoshenko.

What is the problem with Timoshenko, in your opinion?

That she is a lying corrupt bitch?

You lament that Ukrainians continually vote for the same politicians, whom are just as venal and corrupt as the Russian ones. Well, this time they had a change. I dont know if its going to work out for them, but I really doubt they could do much worse than the great Gnu collector.

Perfect description of any politician, and especially all post-Soviet ones (see for example Turchinov, who evolved from professional Comsomol apparatchik to Baptist preacher and Ukrainian nationalist while newer forgetting to fill his pocket).

You lament that Ukrainians continually vote for the same politicians, whom are just as venal and corrupt as the Russian ones. Well, this time they had a change. I dont know if its going to work out for them, but I really doubt they could do much worse than the great Gnu collector.

I do not "lament" - i am just pointing on this fact. This is unavoidable feature of Ukraine political system, where money are power and power is money, so no way somebody from outside can step in this circle. And i wonder in what way In 2014 you applauded Poroshenko expecting him to "fight corruption" - and i was pointing out Poroshenko is oligarch with career of government jobs (=part of corruption system), and predicted him making Yanukovich "gnus" look modest. Now, five years later, we see my prediction was correct (as it is openly said even by people who are strongly anti-Russian). Now you describe oligarchs puppet "a change" while people standing behind him are all familiar places with billions and triple citizenship. I am afraid you learned nothing from last 5 years experience.

Most likely practical outcome of hypothetical Zelensky presidentship would be Ukraine transformed into de-facto parliament republic (="joint stock company" of oligarchs, as they own Parliament members).

By the way re "venal and corrupt as the Russian ones" - they are all "Russian" (or, better say, Soviet) - they are only "Ukrainian " because they happened to live on this territory when USSR collapsed - like, for example, Avakov who is ethnic Armenian from Azerbaijan. And current Russian political system is now way less corrupt than Ukraine one - we got another problem: Israeli-style clan system when people with "old army tie", friends from Army/Special forces time, are preferred. You can't buy your way into this circle, but it is also not always promoting best people for civilian job. And it will take, i think, 10-15 years for new generation of politicians, like Chaly or Poklonskaya or Strelkov , to make their way to the decision making positions through regular democratic process.

Ukraine is one of the many paths that FSU states took. This could have been Russia with Khodorkovsky, Abramovich etc.

If a second Yeltsin had become president then Russia would look pretty much like Ukraine.

I guess the Ukraininas looking at a certain reality TV president thought that "von den Vereinigten Staaten lernen heisst siegen lernen".

Perfect description of any politician, and especially all post-Soviet ones (see for example Turchinov, who evolved from professional Comsomol apparatchik to Baptist preacher and Ukrainian nationalist while newer forgetting to fill his pocket).

I do not "lament" - i am just pointing on this fact. This is unavoidable feature of Ukraine political system, where money are power and power is money, so no way somebody from outside can step in this circle. And i wonder in what way In 2014 you applauded Poroshenko expecting him to "fight corruption" - and i was pointing out Poroshenko is oligarch with career of government jobs (=part of corruption system), and predicted him making Yanukovich "gnus" look modest. Now, five years later, we see my prediction was correct (as it is openly said even by people who are strongly anti-Russian). Now you describe oligarchs puppet "a change" while people standing behind him are all familiar places with billions and triple citizenship. I am afraid you learned nothing from last 5 years experience.

Most likely practical outcome of hypothetical Zelensky presidentship would be Ukraine transformed into de-facto parliament republic (="joint stock company" of oligarchs, as they own Parliament members).

By the way re "venal and corrupt as the Russian ones" - they are all "Russian" (or, better say, Soviet) - they are only "Ukrainian " because they happened to live on this territory when USSR collapsed - like, for example, Avakov who is ethnic Armenian from Azerbaijan. And current Russian political system is now way less corrupt than Ukraine one - we got another problem: Israeli-style clan system when people with "old army tie", friends from Army/Special forces time, are preferred. You can't buy your way into this circle, but it is also not always promoting best people for civilian job. And it will take, i think, 10-15 years for new generation of politicians, like Chaly or Poklonskaya or Strelkov , to make their way to the decision making positions through regular democratic process.

Oh please, stop with the 'we dont need Democracy because are politicians all liars' crap. Not ALL politicians are venal and corrupt and liars. Many I accept are. All in Russia today very clearly are. But for all the flaws of Theresa May, mainly she is a bloody fool, she isn't corrupt, and she isnt a liar and she certainly isn't venal. Stop tarring everyone that isn't Russian with the same brush, its boring.

As for Ukraine, I dont know if they have made a good choice or not. That they seem to be choosing anything but closer integration with Russia to my mind is no bad thing. Who knows, maybe he will even deliver on the corruption. Clearly the past Ukrainian body politic have proven unable. At least Ukraine has proven one up on Russia, in that its able to create politicians outside of the usual stable. Other former Soviet states may yet take note, if it works.

Edited by Stuart Galbraith

Oh please, stop with the 'we dont need Democracy because are politicians all liars' crap. Not ALL politicians are venal and corrupt and liars. Many I accept are. All in Russia today very clearly are. But for all the flaws of Theresa May, mainly she is a bloody fool, she isn't corrupt, and she isnt a liar and she certainly isn't venal. Stop tarring everyone that isn't Russian with the same brush, its boring.

Have i mentioned word "Democracy"? Corruption and lie are older than Greek-style democracy, dating to first tribal chief convincing his tribe to go hunting this way, not that way, an taking best piece of meat for that. Politicians in absolute monarchies were not less untruthful an corrupt than in modern capitalism democracies. So please do not portray your ideas as my ideas. If you genuinely believe British political elite are not corrupt - well, good for you , I'm not going to argue with you about your politicians. Back to Ukraine, Timoshenko is widely known to be the least corrupt among top Ukr politicians - not because she is highly moral, but because power is her addiction, not money (unlike Poroshenko who is extraordinary money-centric).

Edited by Roman Alymov

As for Ukraine, I dont know if they have made a good choice or not. That they seem to be choosing anything but closer integration with Russia to my mind is no bad thing. Who knows, maybe he will even deliver on the corruption. Clearly the past Ukrainian body politic have proven unable. At least Ukraine has proven one up on Russia, in that its able to create politicians outside of the usual stable. Other former Soviet states may yet take note, if it works.

Again, total miss indicating you are failing to understand the basics of situation in Ukraine. In what way voters preferring Russian-speaking comedian of Jewish ethnic background (who is distancing himself from ethnic nationalism issues and who previously complained when Ukr Gov banned Russian comedy series he was playing in etc.) to acting President whose campaign was based on on ethnic nationalism program of "Army.(Ukrainan) language. (Independent) church", limiting use of Russian language etc. is "anything but closer integration with Russia"?

But if it is not enough: see #4 result (Yuri Boyko) - this candidate is as pro-Russian as it is possible in country run by oligarchs relying on anti-Russian nazis. Just few days before elections, he flew to Moscow to negotiate with Rus PM Medvedev and Gazprom leadership gas deal for his political program - this meeting was broadcast live in Ukraine

https://112.international/politics/medvedchuk-boyko-hold-gas-talks-with-russian-pm-medvedev-gazprom-head-miller-38070.html

Medvedchuk, Boyko hold gas talks with Russian PM Medvedev, Gazprom head Miller

The economic negotiations were initiated by the Ukrainian side

, President Poroshenko labeled Boyko traitor -and what is the result? Few days later more than 2mln voters (about 12% of all turnout) vote for him despite all pressure, SBU armed patrols and nationalists on the streets etc).

screenshot231.jpg

More over, #8 result (Vikul) is also completing for "stronger ties with Russia" electorate, got 770K votes or about 4% of votes. As we see, combined result of Boyko and Vikul is better that of top nationalist candidate Poroshenko. Unfortunately, pro-Russian forces failed to unite.

or. voters preferred comedians , corrupt oligarchs and power-mad wymmen over stronger ties to russia

Again, this opinion is wrong. First, if we believe President Poroshenko slogan "Vote for me - or for Putin", Putin won this tour with 85% votes. Second, your mistake is looking at Ukraine as nation, while in fact it is territory artificially created by Bolsheviks from pieces having very little in common, and this territories are still voting differently.

Here is the map showing winners of voters districts

1621511_original.png

(empty space separating most Western part of Ukraine, near Hungary and Slovakia, is Carpathian mountains)

Districts where President Poroshenko won

1622218_original.png

As we see. Poroshenko with his nationalism program is supported in Western Ukraine (but not Hungarian part of it) - also note districts along frontline where occupation army units vote and everything is controlled by so called "military-civilian administrations" Also, Poroshenko won in foreign districts like Canada. So, as we see, "patriots of Ukraine" are mostly located in Western Ukraine or outside Ukraine.

Zelensky - de-facto neutral "against all" vote (his main electoral promise was to jail Poroshenko and all corrupt elite)

1621851_original.png

Timoshenko - she was running campaign with more modest version of nationalism, and her main promise was to reduce natural gas price for population

1622414_original.png

Boyko with "restoring relations with Russia" - as we see, the closer people live to Russia, the more Russia is popular. Also note pro-Russian vote bear Transdniestria, pro-Russian enclave (de-facto part of USSR, still living under Red flag with hummer and sickle etc.)

1622619_original.png

More maps here https://chervonec-001.livejournal.com/2765601.html

Back to Stuart's idea of " choosing anything but closer integration with Russia" - let's see how pro-Ukrainians on the ground react

https://24-my.info/have-to-shoot-proportinally-journalist-called-traitors-voters-zelensky/
Crimean Tatar journalist, Deputy Director of the ATR channel the muzhdabaev sympathetic to Poroshenko, called traitors to those who voted for Vladimir Zelensky.
In his post on the page in Facebook published an infographic the exit poll according to which 42% of voters in the South of Ukraine support of presidential candidate Vladimir Zelensky. According to the same data, in the East of Ukraine Zelensky support for 30.7% of the vote in the center of the country – 28,6%, in the West of 21.2%.
Here’s a great card those with whom we live in the same country. It is a plain traitors. Those who hand over the country once or twice. Add to this voter Yulia Boyko, Vilkul and other stooges of Russia. No chance to beat them in the second round we have. It is absolutely unreal. Treachery will win with a probability of 100%. I just spoke at home with the combat commander. Apparently, you have to shoot,” wrote proportinally journalist.
Muzhdabaev also said that a new revolution will lead to the loss of 6-8 regions of Ukraine, and the other way is allegedly no.
“This means a new revolution, the victory of the patriots, but at the same time losing another 6-8 regions. Unfortunately, the Pro-Russian majority leaves us no chance to escape, besides
,” added Muzhdabaev.

curious case of leaked documents from 2014 russian LDPR (that´s zhirinovskiy party) proposing a ´´political-technological´´ candidate, designed to split ukrainian elections

https://twitter.com/christogrozev/status/515228886242983936

translation of document

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/D3IhtFRW4AASJk6.png:large

Edited by bd1