• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Roman Alymov

• Stuart Galbraith

• glenn239

• Josh

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Am I reading too much into how many of these vehicles seem to have the wheel rims painted white. Thats usually for ceremonial work isnt it?

In this case it is just bare metall - the result of track chains contacting road wheel rims, nothing ceremonial , like on this civilian MT-LB somewhere in Siberia - parked on stuff to prevent tracks frosting into the ground

http://static.baza.farpost.ru/v/1328867418556_bulletin

Interview with a separatist fighter:

http://www.theguardian.com/world/2014/jul/15/separatist-fighter-russia-eastern-ukraine-interview

(The Guardian, via Radio Free Europe)

"They took us from the checkpoint to Horlivka [a city in eastern Ukraine's Donetsk Oblast] to a commander by the name of "Devil" -

It is “Bes”, better translation is “demon” – Igor Besler, Ukrainian German, local guy with experience of serving in Russian Army (paratroopers) – we have seen him in early spring on the video of local police changing sides. Now he is in command of one of the toughest (but relatively independent) rebel groups.

Now

Queue at the border post Walmart checkout

One again, I echo Inks earlier request.

Please stop peddling unsophisticated propaganda from both sides.

It's not that hard to check these things.

This has been debunked already, and is simply vehicles of the Russian Army parked at the border post on security detail due to the conflict right on the border.

Seriously....

Edited by wilhelm

Why?

It seems to me you guys are jumping way too quick to "must be fake" conclusions.

For practical reasons – Ukraine have huge stocks of old Soviet helicopters and planes just needing some minor repair, and a lot of pilots to crew them (if properly paid for taking risk) – no point of providing US helicopters, training crews etc.

Pro-Russian separatists in eastern Ukraine have claimed responsibility for shooting down a Ukrainian military transport plane, and say four crew members have been taken prisoner.

Russia's Interfax news agency on Monday quoted separatists in the rebel-held city of Luhansk as saying the captives are in the border city of Krasnodon and undergoing interrogation.

Details of the shootdown were not clear late Monday. Interfax quoted the Ukrainian Defense Ministry as saying eight people were aboard the aircraft, which was carrying food and drinking water to personnel at checkpoints in the war-scarred east.

The ministry also said the plane was flying too high above Luhansk to have been hit by conventional surface-to-air missiles, prompting speculation that rebels either used more powerful Russian missiles, or that the plane was hit by Russian missiles from Russian territory

http://www.voanews.com/content/reu-ukraine-accuses-russia-of-bringing-troops-up-to-border/1956859.html

Of much greater interest than the basic unsophisticated attempt to portray marked Russian vehicles guarding one of their own border posts as a "wallmart" is this:

You arent really great at dealing with humour are you Wilhelm?

I'm great at it when it's funny.

This is as funny as being strapped to a chair and being made to watch that Mrs Browns Boys movie....

How could the journalists miss the separatists flags at the checkpoint and stuff?

This is normal for the Daily Fail.

but seems to me it is fake

Why?

It seems to me you guys are jumping way too quick to "must be fake" conclusions.

Apart from the factors Roman mentioned, the helicopter looks (at least to me) pretty much "cut and paste". Cannot put my finger to it, but lighting seems unnatural, movement seems unnatural...

Yeah. Me too. Perspective doesn't seem quite right, & the lighting, as you say.