Top Posters In This Topic

• Roman Alymov

• Stuart Galbraith

• glenn239

• Josh

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

1 hour ago, Stuart Galbraith said:

I was joking about the tractors Yama. :)

It was a perfectly legitimate target for Russia to strike, the Ukrainians were hiding weapons in the mall, the Russians blew it up.

But for 5 vehicle? Come on. They don't have infinite rounds, and piddling them away in targets like this smacks of desperation. If it was a HQ, it would make perfect sense. But it wasnt.

It was a least a full battery and night also have houses a lot more or at least significant ammunition stocks. Seems like an Islander worthy target to me, if that was what was used.

Just now, Yama said:

That site wants to install some 'unpacking .exe', no thank you...

Sorry, couldn't find a good anonymous file hosting site. Anyway, it's still on the Web Archive in its original form: 
https://web.archive.org/web/20220321131726/https://www.kp.ru/online/news/4672522/

4 minutes ago, Yama said:

Any way, since it was from official briefing, it would not be exclusive for KP.

Stop inserting logic, it might hurt people's feelings.

9 minutes ago, RETAC21 said:

A handful, mostly prototypes.

They have small number of Orion drones, and probably bit bigger amount of armed variant of Forpost drones: and some suicide drones as well.

So not a lot, but it's not like Ukraine has tons of either.

1 minute ago, Roman Alymov said:

Map of surface currents in Black Sea, to give idea where sea mines laid by pro-Ukrainians off Odessa may go to

1.jpg

Typically mines are moored or bottom, though the former can sometimes break free.

5 minutes ago, Josh said:

It was a least a full battery and night also have houses a lot more or at least significant ammunition stocks. Seems like an Islander worthy target to me, if that was what was used.

Taking into account the damage that could be inflicted even by single well aimed Grad BM-21 vehicle strike, even one vehicle is worth destruction. Anyway, i think it is way cheaper than LGB delivered by F-15 flying from thousands of kilometers away with two in-flight refuelings - and all this to destroy mud brick house in the middle of nowhere, with high chances it is empty or is packed with another tribal wedding.....

16 hours ago, txtree99 said:

As a former airmen, I will ask the snake eaters what they think

Appears to be just the helmet liner?

10 minutes ago, Roman Alymov said:

Map of surface currents in Black Sea, to give idea where sea mines laid by pro-Ukrainians off Odessa may go to

1.jpg

A good reason for Turkey to work with Russia to crush the separatists in the Ukraine.

7 minutes ago, Stefan Kotsch said:

-The article is dated yesterday, it covers Sunday's briefing. There is no mention that it is 'recently updated' or anything. If this was published yesterday, it would have been all over the news yesterday.

-There is a link to official briefing (again, Sunday), which makes no mention of casualties.

1 hour ago, Yama said:

How come? US Army has frequently shot ATACMS at similar or lesser targets. MLRS's are valuable (assuming they were still there, of course). 

Collateral damage seems considerable, even though the hit was dead-on....was the mall still in civilian use?

https://t.me/milinfolive/79258

https://t.me/milinfolive/79299

https://t.me/milinfolive/79259

Sure there were more than just 5 Grad launchers

1 hour ago, Stuart Galbraith said:

Still they did more damage than the 100+ Tomahawk that reached that Syrian warehouse ...

30 minutes ago, RETAC21 said:

With their non-existant armed drones, i guess.

Just now, seahawk said:

A good reason for Turkey to work with Russia to crush the separatists in the Ukraine.

Too late, mines allready in the water. Taking into account Rus Navy ships operate in open view from Odessa port, it was not helpful to pro-Ukrainian coastal defence, but still the danger for shipping.

Beaches were covered with AT landmines - this mines are now likely to be washed away and quite likely to be washed out somewhere in Romania or Bulgaria....

1 minute ago, Stefan Kotsch said:

This was the web archive first snap shot from 12:13:37 21.03.2022

Yes, the wayback machine is not instantaneous. The article itself has a date of March 20, so does the briefing it refers.

32 minutes ago, Josh said:

Certainly, though using Iskander and not just KAB-500 or similar seems to show that the airforce does not have the confidence to make such attacks.

14 minutes ago, Roman Alymov said:

Too late, mines allready in the water. Taking into account Rus Navy ships operate in open view from Odessa port, it was not helpful to pro-Ukrainian coastal defence, but still the danger for shipping.

Beaches were covered with AT landmines - this mines are now likely to be washed away and quite likely to be washed out somewhere in Romania or Bulgaria....

Unlikely, at best they will migrate, perhaps a couple hundred metres. Moored sea mines that lose their moorings will be a threat for years. The Brits are still having active WWII sea mines was up on their beaches.