Kiev Is Burning

X-Files

Some interesting ones:

Destroyed MT-12 ATG, supposedly near where that tank column was ambushed (no way to verify):

I8rLdXu.jpg

Russian NBC recce version of BRDM-2, probably from the first few days:

aZwKiPW.jpg

Abandoned Ukrainian BRDM-2, one plain:

ZW4MHrh.jpg

And one with slat armor:

myIZWmS.jpg

Abandoned Russian Typhoon-L:

0xAwOel.jpg

• Replies 89.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Roman Alymov

• Stuart Galbraith

• glenn239

• Josh

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Croatia challenged Hungary ocer the stray drone saying how it was not detected by NATO flying 40 minutes in Hungarian airspace. 

Hungary, distancing itself from Russia deployed a radar in Medina. Koen Gijsbers NATO communications director said these radars are the best of NATO (seven of the same built in Czechia and Poland). 

Mario Banozic told that Croatian radars detected the drone instantly as it entered their airspace. It spent 7 minutes there before crashing. 

The drone felt next to lake Jarun. There is an UA city by the same name between Kyiv and Lviv. 

Mario Banozic said they have strong hints about what happened. 

https://index.hu/kulfold/2022/03/11/haboru-oroszorszag-ukrajna-horvatorszagban-lezuhant-dron-andrej-plenkovic-orban-viktor/

39 minutes ago, DKTanker said:

Right.  When your first objective is to appease Putin you can rationalize any amount of appeasement.

Yes, appeasement is clearly my first objective, as you can tell by all of my posts on this subject...

User with no useful information and baseless claims set to ignore.

Edited by Josh

17 minutes ago, bojan said:

Some interesting ones:

Destroyed MT-12 ATG, supposedly near where that tank column was ambushed (no way to verify):

I8rLdXu.jpg

Russian NBC recce version of BRDM-2, probably from the first few days:

aZwKiPW.jpg

Abandoned Ukrainian BRDM-2, one plain:

ZW4MHrh.jpg

And one with slat armor:

myIZWmS.jpg

Abandoned Russian Typhoon-L:

0xAwOel.jpg

Assuming the T-34 in background is some kind of monument? :)

15 minutes ago, Sardaukar said:

Rate that Russians are losing generals and colonels makes me wonder if they are killed by Ukrainians or own troops...

I think we've only seen several cases so far, one of which is yet to be confirmed. It does imply that high ranking officers feel the need to go forward to try to handle the situation, presumably because they have a lack of faith in their subordinates.

1 hour ago, jaro said:

Here is the CNN article. I think quite a bit is lost on translation as the reporters don't necessarily understand the difference between 'mission' and 'sortie'. Also, AWACS flying in Poland would not even see Russian airspace which is almost 600km away.

1 minute ago, Angrybk said:

Assuming the T-34 in background is some kind of monument? :)

Yeah, supposedly somewhere near Chernobyl, but could not be verified.

1 minute ago, Yama said:

Here is the CNN article. I think quite a bit is lost on translation as the reporters don't necessarily understand the difference between 'mission' and 'sortie'. Also, AWACS flying in Poland would not even see Russian airspace which is almost 600km away.

AWACS should be also over Romania if I recall correctly.

1 hour ago, Sardaukar said:

Southfront is interesting site, but have to be careful with it. 

Yep, they have quite good compilations based on public information, but they also often parrot Kreml propaganda. They were down recently, seems their German provider kicked them out.

1 minute ago, Josh said:

I think we've only seen several cases so far, one of which is yet to be confirmed. It does imply that high ranking officers feel the need to go forward to try to handle the situation, presumably because they have a lack of faith in their subordinates.

That is the probable reason.

Somehow I think Russia has not grasped BTG command concept where lieutenants to Majors/Lt.Colonels should be able to act independently.

Admittedly never their strong suit.

22 minutes ago, bojan said:

MT-12 ATG, supposedly near where that tank column was ambushed

Participants in the ambush? And not even ready to fire? Gun barrel up and muzzle protector still on?

6 minutes ago, jaro said:

AWACS should be also over Romania if I recall correctly.

Yes, they also can fly over Black Sea. However, the article only concerns the viewpoint of a particular crew.

For all the talk about 'Russian Air Force is inefficient', I am sure Ukrainians would not be begging a no-fly zone if it really was.

12 hours ago, crazyinsane105 said:

The coverage of the war is tilted in such a way where it's almost claiming that Russia is going to lose, Ukraine will win. Period. It's coverage that I don't particularly agree with, at all. 

It seems designed to stir up the "easy war" feeling if nato gets more involved.

9 minutes ago, Stefan Kotsch said:

Participants in the ambush? And not even ready to fire? Gun barrel up and muzzle protector still on?

As I have wrote "supposedly". Nothing about it could be verified, neither side or place, except that it is MT-12 :)

Edited by bojan

Just now, Stefan Kotsch said:

Sorry ... 😎

Difference is that there is a picture of MT-12, while there is not even shred of proof so far for about 90% of his BS.

13 minutes ago, Yama said:

Yes, they also can fly over Black Sea. However, the article only concerns the viewpoint of a particular crew.

For all the talk about 'Russian Air Force is inefficient', I am sure Ukrainians would not be begging a no-fly zone if it really was.

Straight out the Wilfred Burchett playback when he was busting the bush with the VC: airstrikes miss airstrikes suffer casualties airstrikes get outsmarted.  You should stop using airstrikes. 

Ukrainians seem to have killed another General.

https://en.interfax.com.ua/news/general/811473.html#:~:text=Ukrainian defenders killed commander of the Russian army,KIA today%2C" Gerashchenko wrote on Telegram on Friday.

Ukrainian defenders killed commander of the Russian army Andrei Kolesnikov, adviser to the Minister of Internal Affairs of Ukraine Anton Gerashchenko said.

"The good news is that Major General Andrei Kolesnikov, Commander of the 29th Army of the Eastern Military District, became the KIA today," Gerashchenko wrote on Telegram on Friday