Jump to content

Kiev Is Burning


X-Files

Recommended Posts

  • Replies 50.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

  • Roman Alymov

    9025

  • Stuart Galbraith

    5161

  • glenn239

    2687

  • sunday

    1983

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

2 minutes ago, glenn239 said:

Any word on the Russian side on how all these advanced hand held weapons pouring into Ukraine from NATO are being secured against theft?  It kinda looks like they're basically just handing out $80,000 dollar weapons to anyone that steps up, without any sort of security or vetting.  That can't possibly be the case, can it?  In Syria the Americans were hugely cautious to count and track each missile going in.  

They are handing out small arms, any form of AT or AA weapon needs training so they will be going to formed units I would suspect!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, rmgill said:

Easy for Ukrainian dismounts to stay sheltered in the soft ground that the armor is bypassing for speed and not wanting to get stuck. Then when clear combat elements are past and the supply vehicles start to appear, that's when you move forwards and setup ambushes.  Or you could have dudes just plotting artillery missions for Ukrainian Army on those same points. 

'Hello, is that  Odessa Barracks? Hi, can you pass a grid reference along to the 35th artillery brigade. I have targets in the open at...

I'm willing to bet the cell phone network is still operating. In fact, we know it is, judging by the amount of videos uploaded to twitter.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, DavidDCM said:

Some of you are already metaphorically high-fiving and celebrating as if Russia's utter and total defeat in this war is only a question of time now, and I really do not want to disrupt the general victory festivities here, but are we really supposed to believe that this was all? The Ukrainian army, which never performed very impressively against the separatist militias in the East for the last 8 years, that same army is now suddenly supposed to beat the Russians from pillar to post in a few days? I can not help but feel naive to believe all these tall tales of victory upon victory. Cheering these things on like its a football game. Another goal scored for Ukraine!

 

Also when Putin has miscalculated and indeed loses this was (which is absolutely possible). What then? He gets sacked by his generals and then fast lane to democracy? Or rather failed state Russia? Not sure if this is reason to celebrate either. I do not understand the enthusiasm that you guys display in the unfolding of these events. Like yeah horray Russia is on the road to catastrophe, and will probably drag Belarus down with it. What great news and reason for happiness and joy!

 Biggest mistake i see in Putin strategy is, that he persecuted all people with different opinion.. If you remove all such people from your neighborhood, you will be left with only those who are afraid to speak, so they wont tell you when you are doing obvious mistakes.. thats the main strength of Democracy... you have 4-8 years to make your mark, but you compete with opposition with ideas...  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

About "Radon" institute, one shell fell in the "wider perimeter of the institute". No radiation leak, no damage to the radioactive material containment facility. Someone who knows, ~11:40 (in russian however).

 

Edited by bojan
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, DavidDCM said:

Some of you are already metaphorically high-fiving and celebrating as if Russia's utter and total defeat in this war is only a question of time now, and I really do not want to disrupt the general victory festivities here, but are we really supposed to believe that this was all? The Ukrainian army, which never performed very impressively against the separatist militias in the East for the last 8 years, that same army is now suddenly supposed to beat the Russians from pillar to post in a few days? I can not help but feel naive to believe all these tall tales of victory upon victory. Cheering these things on like its a football game. Another goal scored for Ukraine!

 

Also when Putin has miscalculated and indeed loses this was (which is absolutely possible). What then? He gets sacked by his generals and then fast lane to democracy? Or rather failed state Russia? Not sure if this is reason to celebrate either. I do not understand the enthusiasm that you guys display in the unfolding of these events. Like yeah horray Russia is on the road to catastrophe, and will probably drag Belarus down with it. What great news and reason for happiness and joy!

I have little doubt the Ukranians will be ground down eventually,  but the losses the Russians are suffering, inevitable when attacking are a major problem for the Russians, it's crippling to morale when your fighting a war you have no idea why your there for, the Ukranians will fight determinedly, it's thier state, the Russian troops morale WILL collapse if this continues, morale is the war wiing commodity.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, DavidDCM said:

...What great news and reason for happiness and joy!

Good old "If a neighbor dies of starvation before I do - I win!"

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, Daan said:

Three T-80s simply abandoned on a road South of Sumy:

 

This has to be a logistics problem, have the Ukranians found Russias achillies heel?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, glenn239 said:

Any word on the Russian side on how all these advanced hand held weapons pouring into Ukraine from NATO are being secured against theft?  It kinda looks like they're basically just handing out $80,000 dollar weapons to anyone that steps up, without any sort of security or vetting.  That can't possibly be the case, can it?  In Syria the Americans were hugely cautious to count and track each missile going in.  

I have not heard about US-provided missiles being handed out to people on the streets (unlike AKs etc - 25k distributed in Kiev alone, without even checking the papers). Result is constant sound of small arms fire on the streets of Kiev as "patriots" are looking for "spies" and firing on each other.

Seems like most of the new weapons were sent to Donbass (and it is quite logical - majority of Ukraininan Army is still there). Now some of them are captured by pro-Russians. On this front, it is mostly "artillery war" and pro-Ukrainians just can't use them because of kack of targets within reach

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, DavidDCM said:

The Ukrainian army, which never performed very impressively against the separatist militias in the East for the last 8 years................

Will to fight. Those eastern regions are up to 90% Russian speaking and Ukrainians probably don't want that land. It is similar to how the Iraqis in in Baghdad didn't care about the northern parts of Iraq a decade ago because those areas are  90% Sunni and southern Iraq is 90% Shia.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, JWB said:

Will to fight. Those eastern regions are up to 90% Russian speaking and Ukrainians probably don't want that land. It is similar to how the Iraqis in in Baghdad didn't care about the northern parts of Iraq a decade ago because those areas are  90% Sunni and southern Iraq is 90% Shia.

they were different army in 2014/2015... they were forced to sign truce.. and they upheld it and trained their troops... they have 400.000 reservists with combat experience from Donbas.. and it shows...

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, jaro said:

looks like driving also needs some training in Russian army...

 

More like degradation of Soviet infrastructire in Ukraine reached the point of bridges collapsing, But i do not know what kind of vehicle in Rus Army got this type of tracks.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, jaro said:

looks like driving also needs some training in Russian army...

 

Stick a bucket on your head with a tiny slot in it to see out then go ride your bike in the dark and see how you get on!

Visibility from and AFV is bloody awfull, and that's before you add in dirt on optics and exhaust smoke coupled to a guy who has sod all sleep, I honestly sympathise for all these mishaps!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

https://ratinggroup.ua/research/ukraine/obschenacionalnyy_opros_ukraina_v_usloviyah_voyny_26-27_fevralya_2022_goda.html?fbclid=IwAR0-4202M2FkMKh0SUw5nQP9IReVey3YatPKpaH2ee-mzhRBG2t6jW-QtDM

 

Zelenskyi has 91% population support... around 80% in east, over 90% in west..  out of it full support in 67% and mostly supporting another 32% Only 6% is against him..

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Meanwhile it seems like intencity of information war from West reached the point when they do not have enough hands to translate their adverts i am constantly getting into Russian (or just they neglect that) Нет описания фото.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Roman Alymov said:

Meanwhile it seems like intencity of information war from West reached the point when they do not have enough hands to translate their adverts i am constantly getting into Russian (or just they neglect that) Нет описания фото.

yeah.. Information war to stop killing your supposed brothers...

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Roman Alymov said:

Meanwhile it seems like intencity of information war from West reached the point when they do not have enough hands to translate their adverts i am constantly getting into Russian (or just they neglect that) Нет описания фото.

They seem to think you support the invasion.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 minutes ago, Gromit said:

Stick a bucket on your head with a tiny slot in it to see out then go ride your bike in the dark and see how you get on!

Visibility from and AFV is bloody awfull, and that's before you add in dirt on optics and exhaust smoke coupled to a guy who has sod all sleep, I honestly sympathise for all these mishaps!

Yep. I was doing a WWII event at a US base and had dismounted from the Dingo to recce forwards through what looked like a field filled with very tall reeds, it had good hard ground. I broke through the reeds and found a large ditch caused by erosion that would have swallowed the dingo up had I driven through the field at speed. Heck If I'd been running I'd probably have ended up down in the ditch on my ass. Probably would have injured me and my observer badly. And that's an open topped vehicle with decent visibility if you stick your head up. 

Armored vehicles can go very wrong when you Leroy Jenkins it. Add in combat and confusion, haste, worry and enemy fire....I'm surprised we're not seeing more BTR's in ditches, lakes, rivers, etc. 
 

Edited by rmgill
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Gromit said:

They seem to think you support the invasion.

They know for sure (from my data) i am Russian-speaker, and they know my political views (it is not rocket sience - Trump campaign was much more complex). Their failure to communicate the message in Russian (as they were doing previous days) indicate they are in hurry, or that their Russian-speaking translators left for vacation.

Excamples from previous days

 

 

No to war advert 3.jpg

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Roman Alymov said:

They know for sure (from my data) i am Russian-speaker, and they know my political views (it is not rocket sience - Trump campaign was much more complex). Their failure to communicate the message in Russian (as they were doing previous days) indicate they are in hurry, or that their Russian-speaking translators left for vacation.

Excamples from previous days

 

 

No to war advert 3.jpg

 because it was Anonymous mostly..

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Negotiations scheduled for today between Ukraine and the Russian Federation on the Belarusian-Ukrainian border will not begin for several more hours due to very complicated logistics and security measures for the Ukrainian delegation, the online edition "Strana" reports

"As stated by Zelinsky's press secretary Sergey Nikiforov, an advanced delegation will work at this stage, which should determine the conditions for the course of further negotiations," the message says.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...