Kiev Is Burning

X-Files

36 minutes ago, sunday said:

More info here.

https%20_bucketeer-e05bbc84-baa3-437e-95

Yes, Nobu noted it: https://www.tanknet.org/index.php?/topic/38893-kiev-is-burning/&do=findComment&comment=1581376

It has an undermining affect on things. How much depends on the nature of the labs. A quick honest answer from the obama/clinton/biden under-lady won't be had. But rather a big merry-go-round of lawyer games. But its still too soon to sah whether or not whatever the research material and orograms are. It may be something that they don't won't to have become public news on MSM but it doesn't necessarily mean what Rubio precisely questioned with "biological or chemical weapons". IOW, perhaps not literally deployable/usable weapons but perhaps research that's part of biological weapons development. That's where my current thinking is ATM. Regardless of that, average Ukrainians have demonstrated sufficient desire to fight and kick the Russian forces out and understandably so. Although, too much damage to Russia does impact balance of power which enables robot-tasteless- power hogs in the US.

Edited by futon

• Replies 89.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Roman Alymov

• Stuart Galbraith

• glenn239

• Josh

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Multiple people firing at something and all claiming it is a well known way of generating overblown claims. :)

59 minutes ago, Nobu said:

If the number of Yugoslavian hospitals targeted and struck in ALLIED FORCE quoted by bojan is accurate, this too may happen in war.

Not all were directly hit, some were damaged to one or other extent when nearby building was hit. Which proves my point, militaries just don't care about "collateral damage" if they think they are targeting something even remotely important.

3 hours ago, Stuart Galbraith said:

Considering the territorial mass of the United States, it seems a little odd they would set a guideline program up in a country that, only a few short years ago, America wasn't even selling military hardware to...

I suspect it was some form of research into crops, and Russia, desperate to justify their impending chemical weapons use, fastened into it and made it more than it is.

Research into crops?  two points and a question.

1.   The facility was a former Soviet era biological weapons research facility. 
  2.  The US government makes it a practice to move offshore that which is politically unpalatable if not illegal in the United States. 
  3.   If it is simply an agricultural research facility, why is the US government being so secretive about it?

2 hours ago, Dark_Falcon said:

I saw those photos earlier and it cannot be argued that the BTR-4 in question is concealing itself in the parking area of an apartment complex.

Back before the Berlin Wall came tumbling down and the Soviets up and quit the Cold War, we used to map out our positions, down to the individual tanks, for our General Deployment Plan along the eastern border of West Germany.  Part of that process included finding hide position for our tanks.  Most of the time we could find an industrial concern into which we could drive our tanks, or use a barn from Hans Bauer.  Sometimes there wasn't overhead concealment so in at least one instance I know, a HQ section of tanks was parked between a couple of buildings of a local school, and a BN HQ was hard up against a church, but not in it (would use one of the steeples to conceal a radio antenna mast).

12 minutes ago, DKTanker said:

Research into crops?  two points and a question.

1.   The facility was a former Soviet era biological weapons research facility. 
  2.  The US government makes it a practice to move offshore that which is politically unpalatable if not illegal in the United States. 
  3.   If it is simply an agricultural research facility, why is the US government being so secretive about it?

Urm... Victoria?

Edited by Nobu

17 minutes ago, DKTanker said:

Back before the Berlin Wall came tumbling down and the Soviets up and quit the Cold War, we used to map out our positions, down to the individual tanks, for our General Deployment Plan along the eastern border of West Germany.  Part of that process included finding hide position for our tanks.  Most of the time we could find an industrial concern into which we could drive our tanks, or use a barn from Hans Bauer.  Sometimes there wasn't overhead concealment so in at least one instance I know, a HQ section of tanks was parked between a couple of buildings of a local school, and a BN HQ was hard up against a church, but not in it (would use one of the steeples to conceal a radio antenna mast).

Thank you for adding that.  It's indeed a complex question, and I said what I said as way to accept that.  Whataboutism must be resisted, but at the same time we have to make sure we don't pretend that the better side is perfect.  Questionable and bad acts will come from the Ukrainian side and its important to admit that while still making clear that Ukraine is party in the right and Russia is in the wrong.

1 minute ago, Dark_Falcon said:

Thank you for adding that.  It's indeed a complex question, and I said what I said as way to accept that.  Whataboutism must be resisted, but at the same time we have to make sure we don't pretend that the better side is perfect.  Questionable and bad acts will come from the Ukrainian side and its important to admit that while still making clear that Ukraine is party in the right and Russia is in the wrong.

Stop being intelligent and sober.....it will disturb the droids.......

8 hours ago, Mistral said:

Yep, I see an increase in the import of critical tech items from Turkey in the near future :)

Sactions work!

something valuable like Syrian/Iraqi refugees who happen to 'volunteer' to serve as a supporting militia.

9 hours ago, R011 said:

At least they're not flying the other red flag from the Great Patriotic War.

I wonder if those Katyushas sound like the do in the documentaries like "World At War"

23 hours ago, sunday said:

There are unconfirmed rumors of Kessel in the southeast, but we will know more in a couple of days.

Selection_196.jpg

Source

Seems really strange if the Ukranians intentionally left those forces there to be chopped to pieces. Maybe to buy time for the fight in Western Ukraine? Intentionally suicidal or just pined down?

10 minutes ago, CValdor said:

Seems really strange if the Ukranians intentionally left those forces there to be chopped to pieces. Maybe to buy time for the fight in Western Ukraine? Intentionally suicidal or just pined down?

I mean it’s pretty obvious that those forces were screwed once the invasion was on multiple axes. Best they can do is fight in place. 

Edited by Angrybk

21 hours ago, Nobu said:

Trust in its reportage aside, that site is an Indian ransomware attack waiting to happen. 

Speaking of India and Indians, one welcome development of UKRAINE 2022 would be sanctions-related pressure in rectification of the below.

INTERACTIVE-Russias-biggest-arms-buyers.

but is it in dollar value or actual 'pieces' of equipment? Cuz Rus 'kit' is a damned sight cheaper than US stuff.

44 minutes ago, CValdor said:

That was discussed some hours ago. I think the consensus was that this forces were fighting statically during an extended time, so it is likely they lost their organic transport a long ago, in order to use the trucks wherever was necessary.

Then there is the problem of retreating along the few, even only one, motorways still in Ukr hands, while the Rus has air supremacy.

Re Nobu:

Urm... Victoria?

Unless that refers to Queen Victoria, I daresay Stuart has not heard of her.

Edited by sunday

2 hours ago, Simon Tan said:

The West is reduced to memes. Very progressive. 

Wrong. Memes and virtue signaling, such as canceling a Tchaikovsky concert.

5 hours ago, R011 said:

Much as I'm inclined to believe the worst about Putin, I'm very doubtful purely civilian targets with no military or industrial signifigance at all are being deliberately targetted.  There may have been a Ukrainian milkitary target there, it may have been aimed at something else and missed, it may have been faulty intel, but this happens in war.

The fog of war affects everyone.

Much as I despise Putin, if he wanted to be committing war crimes it would be vastly worse.