Top Posters In This Topic

• Roman Alymov

• Stuart Galbraith

• glenn239

• Josh

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

2 hours ago, jaro said:

btw, that strategic readiness thing..   “ Russian nuclear alert just weakens their operational freedom. Now air, sea and tactical missile operations must be planned and executed in a way that NATO does not misinterpret those as nuclear launch.”

or they dont care now?

Routine precaution.  

13 minutes ago, glenn239 said:

How much are you worried about 3rd party hacking looking to cause trouble?  Seems far fetched, (lack of capability of bad actors) but the possibility is in the back of the mind.

If you read of how many times the Americans nearly had a nuclear war from a screwup, you wouldn't discount the possibility of hacking causing one. Particularly as the Soviets and Russian rarely if ever publicise their problems. I know of two, and logic dictates the Soviets were no more flawless than the yanks.

One of the reasons given for maintaining minuteman missiles on alert, was because of its stone age systems, it was impossible to hack. Stop and think about that, obsolescence is a virtue. :D

No, I don't think UVB76 is part of perimetr, if it exists, it's too localised and quirky. But why chance it? After all, you said all these months you didn't want to support Ukraine, because it might start a nuclear war. So why take the chance by meddling with something we don't understand?

Edited by Stuart Galbraith

32 minutes ago, jaro said:

my theory is, he is dying, and wants to restore "great russia" (intentionally not using capital letters there) no matter what, even if that was the last thing he and entire world would see... so when surviving oligarchs get out of their bunkers 30 years later they can became claiming planned for this dream... against all sort of mutated creatures..

With all my respect. i'm affraid it is not your theory, sorry. Let me quite from my earlier posts:

""Putin was not handsome even in his best years, so nothing new in it – despite of this, he is still popular among general population not concerned about politics. Personally, I’m afraid Putin is terminally ill and know this, resulting in his desire to rush forward and take unpopular steps (like pension reform) while he is still President - as from political point of view there was no need for him to implement this reforms now, loosing few points of his rating. Also, I have impression he is paying more and more attention to requests of terminally ill patients on different occasions." 

5 minutes ago, seahawk said:

It is the start, once Russia fully mobilizes the resistance will be crushed.

You don't seem to grasp geography, Russia would have to mobilise it's reserves to come close to occupying Ukraine!

This was supposed to be a lightning operation and it's all gone to hell, if they are running out of fuel now adding even more demand on the logistics trains is a sure fire way of creating your own disaster!

1 minute ago, Roman Alymov said:

With all my respect. i'm affraid it is not your theory, sorry. Let me quite from my earlier posts:

""Putin was not handsome even in his best years, so nothing new in it – despite of this, he is still popular among general population not concerned about politics. Personally, I’m afraid Putin is terminally ill and know this, resulting in his desire to rush forward and take unpopular steps (like pension reform) while he is still President - as from political point of view there was no need for him to implement this reforms now, loosing few points of his rating. Also, I have impression he is paying more and more attention to requests of terminally ill patients on different occasions." 

i'll be damned.. i didnt read that one, but seems im not alone who thinks that..

1 hour ago, jaro said:

yeah, right.. thats why Russia now has no conditions in peace talks with Ukraine... but i guess this info will never appear in RT.. would be interesting to know how many people in Russia actually believe in stuff they put out (except Roman of course)...

2 weeks ago NATO was telling the Russians that Ukrainian neutrality was a 'non starter'.  Now, the Ukrainians are going to Belarus for negotiations with Russia without precondition. 

2 minutes ago, Gromit said:

You don't seem to grasp geography, Russia would have to mobilise it's reserves to come close to occupying Ukraine!

This was supposed to be a lightning operation and it's all gone to hell, if they are running out of fuel now adding even more demand on the logistics trains is a sure fire way of creating your own disaster!

plus, Ukraine is 40 milion people country.. those all hate Russians now... even if Kyiv falls, insurgency will continue.. and they will get modern western weapons and full support for years to come.. Ukrainians have a history of partysanship.. Stalin couldnt take them down... you think Putin will???

1 minute ago, glenn239 said:

2 weeks ago NATO was telling the Russians that Ukrainian neutrality was a 'non starter'.  Now, the Ukrainians are going to Belarus for negotiations with Russia without precondition. 

thats a spindoctor thing... no preconditions was coming from Russians.. not Ukrainians..

1 minute ago, glenn239 said:

Don't think it was NATO making that statement.

6 hours ago, sunday said:

Humanitarian assistance would be ok, but going into combat to be killed defending the loot of Jewish mobsters sounds like a good reason to be awarded a Darwin Award.

Excuse me, what? Ukraine defending itself from Russian aggression is "defending the loot of Jewsih mobsters"?? Are you ok?

Just now, Stuart Galbraith said:

This is excellent news.

Right? they are already screwed  with Civilian air transportation, because EU wont provide any spare parts or new planes for their Airbus fleet.. now BP, so if something breaks on those pipes, they will probably repair it "1980 style" and we all remember what was effectivity back then with all those spills everywhere...

57 minutes ago, glenn239 said:

Germany's back, baby! 

About fucking time.  If there's one good thing to come from this shit show, it'll be that Germany will finally throw off the WW2 guilt shit and take real leadership in Europe.

Does that mean German Troops marching in Paris to Panzerlied? 

1 hour ago, DB said:

So, at what point does a "short, victorious war" transition to something less politically appetising?

That point was reached a year ago, when Putin could have had a reasonable shot at one... but lost his nerve.

58 minutes ago, Gromit said:

I am completely baffled by the end game of this invasion, this is going to ostracise Russia in the world community, it will mean financial and social hardship for Russian citizens, probably push Finland and Sweden closer to NATO or even into it, and just lead to a rearmament of NATO nations where they were basically disarming before.

None of this makes sense in any long term scenario, every way Russia will suffer, does Putin want to become the next North Korea?

Looks to me like the basic Russian calculation is that they can get by without relations with Europe or the United States.