Kiev Is Burning

X-Files

1 hour ago, wilhelm said:

As said, it's a red line, along with Belarussia. Or, at least the eastern part is.

It's very obvious to anybody honest.

And they said this since the WarPac disintegrated.

• Replies 89.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Roman Alymov

• Stuart Galbraith

• glenn239

• Josh

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

24 minutes ago, seahawk said:

And they said this since the WarPac disintegrated.

I agree.

Yet, this (Belarussia and Ukraine) is now basically the last step, the last line. As a map shows. And the permutations are not simply Moscow, but regions in Southern Russia and the Caucasus.

And unlike the Baltic's situation, Russia is no longer the Russia of the 90's with a drunk captain at the helm. That weakness is gone.

It's fairly obvious that once (if) the formented and attempted overthrows happen or succeed in Ukraine and Belarussia, that it's only Russia left to deal with.

Russians may be many things, but I don't think they're idiots who don't understand how things are.

And this is what makes this situation so dangerous.

The one saving grace I do think is, apart from certain arms and assistance, NATO will not be fighting or bleeding for Ukraine. They will let the Ukrainians do all the bleeding. It's a win-win for them, regardless.

Edited by wilhelm

@wilhem

...Stuart's rampant russo-phobia...

Russo-phobia?

We know from the open archives of Russia what has long been known.  The "stability" that seahawk is enthusiastic about is based on the blood of millions of innocents Soviet citizens (of all nations). And the Soviet Union was united with the bloody violence of the KGB chekists and the army.  And that's why the empire fell apart as soon as the power of the KGB was broken.  You can close your eyes to it, but the reality remains. The same Chekists are now back in power in Russia.

It is hardly surprising if all neighboring countries want to be under the umbrella of NATO.  In the end, the Kremlin is more afraid of its own citizens than it is of NATO.

Ok, back to the topic.  The deployment of the Russian army.

Nice rant.

Yes, Russophobia.

Read his posts. This is hardly unknown here, more than a few posters call him on it. He even has a nickname, which I thought was funny. There are thousands of posts. with the same theme, and not just related to post 1917 Russia. There are some on this thread this very week about pre 1917 "Bad Russia". It's incredibly tiresome.

Pay more attention.

But from your rant, I suspect you won't.

Edited by wilhelm

And once again, the Russian Army is massing thousands of troops and AFVs on Ukraines borders,mortar bombardments are already underway, Russia boasts of ending Ukraine as a nation, thousands may be on the brink of dying, NATO and Russia might come into direct combat, and yet the dregs of the FFZ come in here urinating all over the thread contributing absolutely nothing and saying  they have a problem with me. Dear God, talk about a fucked up sense of priorities.  :D

26 minutes ago, Stefan Kotsch said:

Russo-phobia?

We know from the open archives of Russia what has long been known.  The "stability" that seahawk is enthusiastic about is based on the blood of millions of innocents Soviet citizens (of all nations). And the Soviet Union was united with the bloody violence of the KGB chekists and the army.  And that's why the empire fell apart as soon as the power of the KGB was broken.  You can close your eyes to it, but the reality remains. The same Chekists are now back in power in Russia.

It is hardly surprising if all neighboring countries want to be under the umbrella of NATO.  In the end, the Kremlin is more afraid of its own citizens than it is of NATO.

Ok, back to the topic.  The deployment of the Russian army.

On Target.

This was interesting timing.

https://www.dw.com/en/czech-republic-expels-18-russian-embassy-staff-over-2014-blast/a-57164366

The Czech Republic is to expel 18 Russian diplomats over links to an ammunition depot explosion in 2014, Prime Minister Andrej Babis said Saturday.

Czech intelligence agencies provided clear evidence about the involvement of the officials in the blast that killed two people, Babis said.

He added that the Czech Republic is a sovereign state and must react upon its own intelligence.

I dont know where the Express got this, but they claim an SU25SM3 squadron has relocated to Crimea.

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/world/russian-invasion-fears-escalate-after-moscow-deploys-50-warplanes-to-the-black-sea/ar-BB1fL9BP?ocid=BingNewsSearch

They also refer to at least one Bora class hovercraft, the samum, has deployed to the Black sea, which seems supported by this.

https://www.navyrecognition.com/index.php/news/defence-news/2020/october/9098-russian-navy-missile-hovercraft-samum-of-black-sea-fleet-conducted-live-fire-exercise.html

I don't know if this belongs here or not, but the timing is interesting. President Lukashenko claims he has foiled a foreign p!ot, probably by the CIA,  to assassinate him and his son, and kidnap his family.

https://tass.ru/mezhdunarodnaya-panorama/11178787/amp

Edited by Stuart Galbraith

25 minutes ago, Stuart Galbraith said:

I dont know where the Express got this, but they claim an SU25SM3 squadron has relocated to Crimea.l

That's quite a modernisation of the ol' Su-25.  Not alot of information on it really but that's a new variant on me.  

3 hours ago, wilhelm said:

Nice rant.

Yes, Russophobia.

Read his posts. This is hardly unknown here, more than a few posters call him on it. He even has a nickname, which I thought was funny. There are thousands of posts. with the same theme, and not just related to post 1917 Russia. There are some on this thread this very week about pre 1917 "Bad Russia". It's incredibly tiresome.

Pay more attention.

But from your rant, I suspect you won't.

I think they got under your skin, comrade! 😎

Maybe it is news for you, but about none of Russia's neighbours like how Russia is behaving. 

It is typical Russian government stuff to first create a bad situation and then whine when their neighbours react to that.

Oh, and by the way, we have nickname for Russian Foreign minister Lavrov, it is "Lie-rov", rhymes a bit too. 😋 

Edited by Sardaukar

46 minutes ago, Sardaukar said:

It is typical Russian government stuff to first create a bad situation and then whine when their neighbours react to that.

The good old married couple knows how to touch each other nerves. What was amazing how fast the ass of old Uncle Stairclimber was put to where his mouth already wandered, and how fast the dog barking ceased as the fence got thinner.

On the other news, Slovakia and Austria go for Sputnik V despite the fact the producer is in delay with the second, different dose to Hungary ...

Gotta love the willful ignoring of the Ukrainians getting ready for a campaigning season in Year 1 of the Biden era. No doubt the mobilization SMSes are going out in solidarity with Kiev along with demarches from respective embassies. If Kiwv slinks back away from the contact line, they lose. If Kiev attacks, they are obliterated. I am certain the Slav Whisperer is their strategic coordinator.

3 hours ago, Simon Tan said:

Gotta love the willful ignoring of the Ukrainians getting ready for a campaigning season in Year 1 of the Biden era. No doubt the mobilization SMSes are going out in solidarity with Kiev along with demarches from respective embassies. If Kiwv slinks back away from the contact line, they lose. If Kiev attacks, they are obliterated. I am certain the Slav Whisperer is their strategic coordinator.

Source please. All ive seen is a response to the Russian mobilization, and decidedly after the fact.

9 hours ago, Sardaukar said:

I think they got under your skin, comrade! 😎

Maybe it is news for you, but about none of Russia's neighbours like how Russia is behaving. 

Oh, and by the way, we have nickname for Russian Foreign minister Lavrov, it is "Lie-rov", rhymes a bit too. 😋 

But.. but... but... I saw on the big map you are preparing to retake Karelia and advance on Moscow. I saw it. On the big  map.🙄

11 hours ago, Stuart Galbraith said:

I don't know if this belongs here or not, but the timing is interesting. President Lukashenko claims he has foiled a foreign p!ot, probably by the CIA,  to assassinate him and his son, and kidnap his family.

https://tass.ru/mezhdunarodnaya-panorama/11178787/amp

Nice, that open the door for a participation of Belarus when it comes to making the Ukraine Russian again. Great news. I hope Belarus starts to mobilize now. 

Make USSR Great Again Seahawk? You might want to get in the front of the Queue and start commissioning hats.   😀

Ive just realise the acronym is 'Muga'. How wonderfully appropriate that would be.   😁

Edited by Stuart Galbraith

1 hour ago, Stuart Galbraith said:

This was quite interesting, a deconstruction of the Russian TV Narrative the US is already in Ukraine and sending tanks.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/56772297

Doesn't surprise me at all.  Certainly the Mr Robot voice over clips on youtube do little to show any true account of what's going on.  Of course misinformation was a key tool used by both East and West during the Cold War...but I have my doubts that this is the same as it was back then.  More likely I reckon these reports are put together for clickbait use rather than for any meaningful and factual content.

Meanwhile...I'll go back to looking at videos of flying saucers landing in Antarctica in the 1940's. 🤪

Edited by Gavin-Phillips
Haven't had enough coffee to spell properly yet

Well if its Nazi flying saucers, thats probably true. There is even an Osprey book on it :D

As far as misinformation, its rife out there. I was watching 'Combat Approved' today on the Iskander Missile system,and fair go when they restrict themselves to technicalities, its really good. The problem is you have to wade waist deep in misinformation and bullshit about the cold war before you can get to it. Its on the new cold war thread, have a look and you can see what I mean.

3 minutes ago, Stuart Galbraith said:

Well if its Nazi flying saucers, thats probably true. There is even an Osprey book on it :D

As far as misinformation, its rife out there. I was watching 'Combat Approved' today on the Iskander Missile system,and fair go when they restrict themselves to technicalities, its really good. The problem is you have to wade waist deep in misinformation and bullshit about the cold war before you can get to it. Its on the new cold war thread, have a look and you can see what I mean.

I may have to get that book then.  I do have quite a collection of Osprey books and I recently heard of another one published concerning the T-62 in the General Military series. 😲 

Regarding Combat Approved, agreed.  I usually turn the subtitles off and watch the videos just to see what the interiors of the AFV's and aircraft look like.  Since I've never seen the interior of any armoured vehicle, its pretty much all new to me anyway.  All due credit to them, they have great access and excellent footage of things like that.  But all of the comments like "has no equal anywhere in the world" or similar, I tend to skip over.  

On 4/16/2021 at 11:40 PM, carrierlost said:

Actually it shows them in Ukrainian alphabet with English versions also shown. Ukrainian alphabet is different from Russian alphabet. If you are in a pinch one of the easiest way to differentiate without understanding any the languages is Ukrainian has "i" letters in alphabet where as Russian doesn't.  What comes to map it's my own mad paint skills.

What I enjoy most is how people pretend to be experts on Russia while expressing opinions that are simplistic at best. If, as you teach other Forum members, it is easy to tell texts language from each other as “Ukrainian has "i" letters in alphabet where as Russian doesn't” then what language this book is ?

a_ignore_q_80_w_1000_c_limit_1.jpg

Actually, by lack of proper knowledge of the subject, you have provided nice example of how artificial are differences between “Russian” and “Ukrainian”: Russian alphabet, in process of transformation from Greek-based originally Church-oriented writing to the language easy to learn not only by Slavic people but tribes from swamps of Estonia to cold mountains of Kamchatka, was loosing “redundant” letters. Above mentioned i was lost in Soviet reform of 1918, and it was not the only letter lost. Also grammar was simplified – for example, Vocative case (that still exist in “Ukrainian”) was officially removed from Russian language the same year as i (while it still exist in spoken language and old writing).  

http://cdn01.ru/files/users/images/25/e5/25e58a4754ac6712b2c5ae71f9962884.png

So what we have is one branch of the language deliberately modernized and “internationalized” for use as de-facto international language, while another branch not only preserved in archaic form, but also “de-russified”  as keeping it as different as possible from Russian was for years the bread and butter of “Ukrainian Soviet intelligencia” (for example, “translating Lenin books into Ukrainian” or re-publishing scientific papers in Ukrainian was profitable business). In post-1991 opromoting “Ukraine is not Russia” became the basis of oligarchs existence (as Ukrainian oligarchs were doing their best to keep the distance from Russian oligarchs).

Below is handwriting of Bunin (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ivan_Bunin#:~:text=Ivan Alekseyevich Bunin (%2Fˈbuːniːn%2F or,the Nobel Prize for Literature) who refused to accept Bolshevik language reform – we see him keeping I’s in it

http://cdn01.ru/files/users/images/83/4e/834e98b43027905f7477b1fb5d397338.jpg