• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Roman Alymov

• Stuart Galbraith

• glenn239

• Josh

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

She does not like someone to talk softly, but that is definitively a big stick.

She is wife of Pavel Gubarev, people’s governor of Donetsk republic, elected on one of the first rallies in Donetsk. It was long before any armed resistance, so he was arrested within days by Ukrainian security service and is now in jail in Kiev. After it his wife accepted role of Foreign minister for Donetsk republic. Mother of two, by the way, AFAIK.

Seems like mysterious leader of armed group in Slavyansk (whom Ukrainian security reported to be GRU colonel) identified as retired warrant officer (?) and amateur Roman Empire and WWI reconstructor from Moscow….

and in Slavyansk

Ukrainian TV journalists even visited his family in Moscow.

And what's that guy doing in the middle of nowhere in Ukraine ? Did he got tired of Moscow ? Fight with his wife ? Bored with reenactments and wants to get a real bullet / fight ?

Whom are you trying to fool Roman ?

Edited by savantu

And what's that guy doing in the middle of nowhere in Ukraine ? Did he got tired of Moscow ? Fight with his wife ? Bored with reenactments and wants to get a real bullet / fight ?

Whom are you trying to fool Roman ?

Ukrainian TV report for you

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4X32nMJlk-A&feature=player_detailpage

And article (pto-Ukrainian :)) http://euromaidanpr.com/2014/04/28/sbu-russian-colonel-alias-strelkov-ordered-capture-of-osce-inspectors/

Edited by Roman Alymov

Seems like mysterious leader of armed group in Slavyansk (whom Ukrainian security reported to be GRU colonel) identified as retired warrant officer (?) and amateur Roman Empire and WWI reconstructor from Moscow….

So what Putin said - that no active duty forces were in Ukraine - is true at least for this guy.

Putting dozens of amateurs in front of cameras? :ph34r:

Plausible only if they are invisible ninja - because amateur guys openly operate in front of hundreds if not thousands of people and many cameras – while Ukrainian side provide no resistance or sometimes even support. But maybe Ukrainian army & Government are in fact GRU operating under cover? It may explain their inadequate actions…

Music to my ears:

“It’s not an accident that you have some of the same people identified who were in Crimea and in Georgia and who are now in east Ukraine,” said Kerry. “This is insulting to everybody’s intelligence, let alone to our notions about how we ought to be behaving in the 21st century. It’s thuggism, it’s rogue state-ism. It’s the worst order of behavior.”

If Kerry has evidence, I want to see it. So far regarding Russian involvement in Eastern Ukraine I've seen enough hot air from Ukrainian and American officials to provide enough Global Warming for the next decade, but nothing in the way of solid evidence. No Russian spies (of whom more than a hundred is supposedly arrested by now), no actual recordings, no actual documents. However I have seen two people (a girl from Russia, a journalist from Belarus) arrested in Ukraine for espionage even though neither of them is a spy. I have also seen a number of fabricated and photoshopped photos brandished around as "proofs" of Russian involvement.

Another thing that I can clearly see from here ("here" stands for Belarus, which so far thankfully stays neutral in this conflict and doesn't have mass media singing in unison like Russian, Ukrainian and American media are currently doing) is that while actions of separatists in Crimea were clearly professional, action of federalists in Eastern Ukraine are clearly not. They lack organization, they lack coordination, they lack communication, they lack initiative except on a very local level, they are clearly hesitant to do anything above the mark set by Maidan protesters, and they clearly have very vague idea of what the hell they want to achieve in the end.

So while I'm fairly certain that Crimea was a Russian operation, I'm similarly certain that protests in Eastern Ukraine are actually grassroots in origin.

P. S. Which obviously does not mean that no foreign spies are operating there - or that some Russian special services are not trying to gain (or at least claim) some degree of control over what's happening there.

Edited by Lav

Russia is threatening the US with the astronaut access to the ISS. Smart idea, the best way to mobilize funding for a new generation of spaceships.

Would be interesting how that would work since only a few months ago, the US agreed to financially support the ISS up to 2024, up from 2020. The longer the ISS is in orbit, the longer the Russian language has a place in space.

Anyway, as far as trips to the ISS goes, that will be left to the commercial industry. SpaceX has a crewed version of dragon planned for launch on December 2015. NASA will use Orion for beyond LEO stuff.

If Kerry has evidence, I want to see it. So far regarding Russian involvement in Eastern Ukraine I've seen enough hot air from Ukrainian and American officials to provide enough Global Warming for the next decade, but nothing in the way of solid evidence. No Russian spies (of whom more than a hundred is supposedly arrested by now), no actual recordings, no actual documents. However I have seen two people (a girl from Russia, a journalist from Belarus) arrested in Ukraine for espionage even though neither of them is a spy. I have also seen a number of fabricated and photoshopped photos brandished around as "proofs" of Russian involvement.

Another thing that I can clearly see from here ("here" stands for Belarus, which so far thankfully stays neutral in this conflict and doesn't have mass media singing in unison like Russian, Ukrainian and American media are currently doing) is that while actions of separatists in Crimea were clearly professional, action of federalists in Eastern Ukraine are clearly not. They lack organization, they lack coordination, they lack communication, they lack initiative except on a very local level, they are clearly hesitant to do anything above the mark set by Maidan protesters, and they clearly have very vague idea of what the hell they want to achieve in the end.

So while I'm fairly certain that Crimea was a Russian operation, I'm similarly certain that protests in Eastern Ukraine are actually grassroots in origin.

P. S. Which obviously does not mean that no foreign spies are operating there - or that some Russian special services are not trying to gain (or at least claim) some degree of control over what's happening there.

What they want to achive is pretty clear. And the eventual method is as well.

I have no doubt there are Russian operatives in Eastern Ukraine. And I doubt Kerry would make such a definiative statement without somthing backing it up.

As far as grassroots, Im sure. All you need is a sizeable minority of military age males.