Weird And Wonderful Afv's

Mr King

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Brings the name tank back to its original meaning: it really looks like a water tank on tracks, both on the inside and outside.

Maybe the hull is base on some gas tank ?

Inhapi.

It looks a bit like that ridiculous (I think french ?) concept from around ww1 that looks a bit like an upturned boat hull.

Brings the name tank back to its original meaning: it really looks like a water tank on tracks, both on the inside and outside.

Inhapi.

It looks a bit like that ridiculous (I think french ?) concept from around ww1 that looks a bit like an upturned boat hull.

The US CLB 75 Tank.

http://www.militarymuseum.org/Resources/30404216943e459f51e779b8b5c8797b.jpg

Inhapi

Edited by Inhapi

Inhapi.

The US CLB 75 Tank.

[]

Inhapi

Yeah, that monstrosity.

Not really intended as a quiz,

Räder-Raupen-Kampfwagen M 28 (also cover name: GFK)

Armament : fully automatic 3,7 cm gun (i guess the 3,7 cm Maxim)

7.92 mm Dreyse.

Built in 1928 by German engineers under the cover of Landsverk in Sweden.

Since the wheel-cum track system was deemed unsuitable for the German Army, the design was transferred to Landsverk in 1929, which led to the well known Swedish wheel-cum-track tanks.

(At least that is what Spielberger tells about it.....)

7,5 cm selbstfahrlafette L40,8. Ordered in 1936 (!) as a TD. Lightly armoured on 5 ton halftrack chassis (with the engine placed at the rear). At least 6 prototypes built from 1935. Gun: 75mm L 40,8 (Vo= 685 m/s) with 360° traverse and -9 to 20° elevation. Strange that these were not taken in production. maybe they were seen as overkill as a TD at the time ? Might have been handy to have around in France and even later early in Barbarosa IMHO.

Inhapi

Leo 1/72?

Leo 72?

Leo 72A1?

Leopard 1B3M ^_^

Seriously. See the size of the turret and that it has been repainted in camo. The hull looks painted weird too, In the Tankograd issue about Leo1 it says that it was an idea floated for Malaysia to recycle the NVA surplus T-72.

Edited by Panzermann