Good Old Fashioned Tank P*rn

Mr King

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Matsimus seems to be unable to distinguish the autoloader of a T-64 from that of a T-72. The video even shows the propellant charge stub being returned into the autoloader.

And we are all shocked, shocked I tell you.

Yes it's very unusual. Matsimus is usually on point with everything. He's really such a knowledgeable guy and a great content creator.

Edited by Interlinked

Well, at least he doesn't pretend to know a lot of stuff. He gives the observation of a simple former grunt who only saw tanks and IFVs driving beside him. Unlike certain folks like RedEffect who think they're such experts and just spreading disinformation.

Matsimus was actually REME, a Warrior fixer. He commanded a Warrior repair vehicle in Afghanistan, and is currently an artilleryman in the Canadian Army reserve.

In this video, he was simply showing an amusing situation, regardless of the model tank excreting its waste from firing.

My thought upon watching this, was of an American having a 105mm case from a Stryker MGS hurled at him...it would probably make a much bigger thump if it hit.

I had something similar happen on my tank at Ft. Stewart in 1981. We had to empty the tank (M60A1) of the spent casings after firing for an ARTEP. I told my loader that I didn't want to work at a snails pace and to get out of the way so I could empty the tank as fast as I could (which he did). My tank commander, who had wandered away before we started this, saw what was happening and quickly marched over to put a stop to it. He walked right to the spot the casings were landing. One came down right on his head and knocked him out. We spent most of the ARTEP without him as he was taken to the hospital.

Yes it's very unusual. Matsimus is usually on point with everything. He's really such a knowledgeable guy and a great content creator.

Indeed, some of the points in his presentation on the 76mm Malaria gun were things I had not heard before. I had been under the impression that biological warfare was frowned upon.

I had something similar happen on my tank at Ft. Stewart in 1981. We had to empty the tank (M60A1) of the spent casings after firing for an ARTEP. I told my loader that I didn't want to work at a snails pace and to get out of the way so I could empty the tank as fast as I could (which he did). My tank commander, who had wandered away before we started this, saw what was happening and quickly marched over to put a stop to it. He walked right to the spot the casings were landing. One came down right on his head and knocked him out. We spent most of the ARTEP without him as he was taken to the hospital.

Interesting conversations ensued... :blink:

To be honest I don't remember anyone other than my loader, who was fighting between hilarity and slightly freaking out, and my TC, when I next saw him, saying anything about it. My Plt. Sgt. seemed to be pretty peeved the rest of the ARTEP but never said anything about it. My TC admitted to doing something stupid and said I should never empty shell casings like that again in a very calm and matter of fact voice. He never held it against me.

To be honest I don't remember anyone other than my loader, who was fighting between hilarity and slightly freaking out, and my TC, when I next saw him, saying anything about it. My Plt. Sgt. seemed to be pretty peeved the rest of the ARTEP but never said anything about it. My TC admitted to doing something stupid and said I should never empty shell casings like that again in a very calm and matter of fact voice. He never held it against me.

Good leadership.

• 2 weeks later...

Nice video. Just a small PSA: Everyone should keep an eye out on their FB page for early access to their videos. This particular one was posted there on April 5.

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=1708211265988236&id=141409372668441&__tn__=%2As%2As-R

They are very much worth supporting, especially in these trying times.