Mr King

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

7 hours ago, DB said:

If you want to determine whether a tank can make it up a particular gradient, you will want that gradient to stay the same angle for repeatability, especially if you're comparing competing prototypes. Even though I'm sure you could rebuild a dirt slope every time you ran a tank up it, it's not exactly practical.

Not to mention having to not only repair the slope every time it rains, but ensuring the soil has the same moisture content day to day and test to test.

No one knows. There are a lot of bombastic claims, like zero-series (one company?) until the spring of 2021, but it is a part of the local political dog and pony show, so it might actually get upgraded or it might go nowhere.

On 10/11/2020 at 6:12 AM, Interlinked said:

Honestly I'd be more concerned about mud regularly obscuring the headlights than whatever they do to the armour.

Headlights are mostly used for administrative moves, you don't do tactical stuff with headlights on.  Since most admin moves are made on paved or surfaced roads mud isn't much of an issue. I'd be more worried about how to effectively cover those very bright and shiny lights.

1 hour ago, bojan said:

If it had a diesel from a get go it would have been really great.

The M48 had quite a few teething problems; in fact, the M47 was a stopgap until they were ironed out.

It took a long to introduce decent HEAT for 90mm also. I remember that Old Tanker noted that they had only 2 x HEAT rounds issued per tank when Cuban crisis was going on.

But overall tank was pretty decent but for some reason it is semi-forgotten.

5 hours ago, bojan said:

It took a long to introduce decent HEAT for 90mm also. I remember that Old Tanker noted that they had only 2 x HEAT rounds issued per tank when Cuban crisis was going on.

But overall tank was pretty decent but for some reason it is semi-forgotten.

Semi-forgotten perhaps because the M60 came out just as the M48A2C with the diesel engine started to appear.  Still, for those that follow such things the M48 performed yeoman service in Vietnam and of course made up a significant portion of the IDF armored force during the 1967 and 1973 wars.

11 hours ago, Colin said:

At 1:36 you see a 20pdr mixed in with the 17 pdr armed tanks and at 3:00 a bizarre LMG

I've watched the movie and knows it shows British soldiers but that first picture looks awfully Swedish. For a moment I got my hopes up but it was not to be.😊 Still think they picked a Swedish picture, probably without bothering to check it. 

From other forum, 1st (front) and 2nd (rear) M-84 modernization demonstrators:

Serbia also has received the first 2 T-72MS "White Eagle" acquired in Russia.

8477963_original.jpg

This version has been acquired by Nicaragua and Laos. It keeps Kontakt-1 armour but incorporates Sosna-U with panoramic sight PKP-72 "Falcon Eye" for commander. There are also other improvements in communication/navigation equipment, RWS and a new stabilization system.

https://bmpd.livejournal.com/4173318.html?view=comments#comments

Edited by alejandro_