World Of Warships

Max H

I haven't won any of the new cruisers, but I find I can't play more than three games a night now before something like a Smolensk gets away with 5 x 457mm overpens and then burns me to death.

I have a rough time playing more than three games in a row no matter how they turn out. And I don't think I've played two days in a row in the last 5 weeks or so. It's probably 1/3 tired of the game in general, 1/3 not finding any tree interesting enough to feel like grinding and the final 1/3 working out more means less time to play in the morning.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I haven't won any of the new cruisers, but I find I can't play more than three games a night now before something like a Smolensk gets away with 5 x 457mm overpens and then burns me to death.

I have a rough time playing more than three games in a row no matter how they turn out. And I don't think I've played two days in a row in the last 5 weeks or so. It's probably 1/3 tired of the game in general, 1/3 not finding any tree interesting enough to feel like grinding and the final 1/3 working out more means less time to play in the morning.

...and 1/3rd my bad jokes.

I've got 3 out of the 4 cruisers, and had some of my best games ever over the last few weeks, yet can sit there and not find a ship I want to play and turn off after 3 or 4 games. Tier 10 is just the death of a line to me, I've not found a single one that's more fun to play than the ships leading to it. Perhaps my competence level is down around T6-8, oh well....

I've got one ship now, it's OK. Gimmick free except for the low-tier heal.

I'm diving (ha!) back into Subnautica in preparation for the proper release of the "Below Zero" sequel. It's such a beautiful game.

• 1 month later...

Usually since I play cruisers mostly, I can relegate CVs to background noise. If there are two per side in the match then I'll notice, especially if they are two tiers above my ship. Some days when there is some kind of CV event or directive life in a t6 ship is pretty miserable. So what happened with submarines? Did they actually realize that there was no way to make them both effective and defeatable and stop work or are they lurking on the test server waiting for their chance to pounce?

• 3 weeks later...

Yuro has been having fun with a counter-CV division strategy.

Take 2x Yamato or Musashi and 1x Graf Zeppelin

The GF has fast aircraft, so use them to spot the opposition CV, then long-range murder it using the 460s.

He's got a couple of videos up, and of course he'll be cherry-picking the best results, but it's quite possible to First Blood the CV inside the first 2-3 minutes.

Oh, my, do the CV players they murder get salty.

The GF has fast aircraft, so use them to spot the opposition CV, then long-range murder it using the 460s.

He's got a couple of videos up, and of course he'll be cherry-picking the best results, but it's quite possible to First Blood the CV inside the first 2-3 minutes.

Good, they've gotten entirely too comfortable.

I don't think you can hang 20 flags, you are still limited to 8, it was in 0.9.3, why?, it's a mistery

Just double checked. I am running 0.9.3 and I can hang up to 20 signal flags on each ship...

I don't think you can hang 20 flags, you are still limited to 8, it was in 0.9.3, why?, it's a mistery

Just double checked. I am running 0.9.3 and I can hang up to 20 signal flags on each ship...

I see what you mean, now you can mount 8 combat flags, 5 economic flags and 8 special flags (for 21 flags total). Evidently wargaming wants people consuming flags faster in order to get them to spend gold purchasing more flags.

Not a gamer, had never played WoW, and only know of if via https://wiki.wargaming.net/en/World_of_Warshipsdescriptions of various ships. Having said that, I find it impossible that two 27 kn BB can defeat 30+ knot CVs. Especially as CV's are in the middle of task forces. The Yamamato (and other BB and CA) failed vs much slower and poorer armed airplanes onboard CVE 's.The only time this happened was when Scharnhorst and Gneisenau sank the Glorious which was not surrounded by a task force. And how does short-ranged GZ aircraft -- speaking historically accurate -- manage to "spot" a CV when opposed by longer ranged fighter aircraft.,especially the Zeros on the 34 knot Hiryu, Soryu, and Shokaku class?

Is this just "game mechanics" for playability?

Not a gamer, had never played WoW, and only know of if via https://wiki.wargaming.net/en/World_of_Warshipsdescriptions of various ships. Having said that, I find it impossible that two 27 kn BB can defeat 30+ knot CVs. Especially as CV's are in the middle of task forces. The Yamamato (and other BB and CA) failed vs much slower and poorer armed airplanes onboard CVE 's.The only time this happened was when Scharnhorst and Gneisenau sank the Glorious which was not surrounded by a task force. And how does short-ranged GZ aircraft -- speaking historically accurate -- manage to "spot" a CV when opposed by longer ranged fighter aircraft.,especially the Zeros on the 34 knot Hiryu, Soryu, and Shokaku class?

Is this just "game mechanics" for playability?

Answer to all questions: Yes, it is a game. An arcade one, on top of that.

Rick, you're assuming team play and a level of realism that doesn't exist. Map size prevents the CV from running out of range, and the hut chance for a BB at 25km is far higher than reality. The game is just a game, not a simulation.

Rick, you're assuming team play and a level of realism that doesn't exist. Map size prevents the CV from running out of range, and the hut chance for a BB at 25km is far higher than reality. The game is just a game, not a simulation.

Thanks. Your last sentence succinctly explains it all.

• 1 year later...
On 1/21/2020 at 4:39 PM, Harold Jones said:

Finally uninstalled it today.  I don't think I've even launched the game in over a year so it was time.  It's the first time since WoT beta that I haven't had at least one WG title installed on my PC.