World Of Warships

Max H

Marek,

Just met you on an enemy team a couple of hours ago in a North Carolina - I was in the Amagi, managed to do over 30k damage to you, at one point we were dueling one on one but you won :) Got sunk by the fires from a a DD.

Saw your name after the battle else I would have said a hello in between my salvos :)

Heh, was probably too focused on drilling holes into your rustbucket (and surviving the holes being drilled into mine ) to noticed anyway, do not take chat much into account when there are more important things to do :)

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Let me see, You're in a Colorado, I'm in a Konig.

Our starting point is South. The enemy is coming down the East flank of Two Brothers and everyone else in our team is dead or half way up the left flank.

I see you swing round in front of me and pass me heading South at full speed, So I throw in a salvo at the Gneisenau in front of me, get luck at evading the broadsides from a two kjonigs, catch fir from several HE salvos from a Konigsberg and just as I'm fleeing put one shot into a Mutsuki.

The next I see is you're dead and calling me out in chat for "being AFK", being a "BB back row sniper", just as the cyclone comes in. The Mutsuki shows itself twice and kill it at about 6km, dodging two torpedo spreads. At this point, I'm at the mid point of the southern "C" cap and just decide to let my team know that I'm on my own and running.

I get help from our CV, who finishes the Konigsberg and drops on a Konig a couple of times and I run into the narrows getting three cap defence salvos in as I run, but being killed just before I get out of line of sight.

And Colorado boy is still claiming I'm playing from the back row. Kids today.

Isn't Two Brothers that map with the narrow passage mid that you should never take? Also, the one where both teams so often seem to head opposite directions so major engagements never happen? Ugh... what an awful map. Why is it still in the rotation?

So the NA servers will be having a bounty hunting event starting today at 5 pm pacific and running through the weekend. I probably won't see any of the 'Corgi Fleet' ships in a match since I play early in the morning Pacific time, but thought I'd warn those of you who play in prime time.

Isn't Two Brothers that map with the narrow passage mid that you should never take? Also, the one where both teams so often seem to head opposite directions so major engagements never happen? Ugh... what an awful map. Why is it still in the rotation?

It's not too bad these days, people have sort of learned to play the map. You still get the occasional idiot who takes the center passage in a battleship but it's rarer than it was.

You can go mid, but not right at the start. Nothing more scary than a pair of cruisers busting through halfway through the game though :)

Until they meet a hail of torpedoes....

Or the enemies hanging back in the NE and NW (because when aren't their sniping BBs in this game, especially since one line is designed for that :glare:) simply turn their guns on them and now those ships pushing mid are facing fire from two directions. Given the nature of those middle, giant islands said enemy ships can also turn mid and not have to worry about fire from enemies pushing on the outside.

The map just reinforced this trend I saw in WG maps that felt like they were purposefully putting in really stupid choices they knew bad players would take. I doubt that's really what was going on and rather it was just WG map designers not having a clue but frustrating nonetheless...

German DD line released, and Woo-ho! Tower Bridge means London is now a port! Might just be for Christmas, though - nice fun-fair on the banks.

Trying to get a German DD game right now requires patience, unless you go Co-Op.

German DD line released, and Woo-ho! Tower Bridge means London is now a port! Might just be for Christmas, though - nice fun-fair on the banks.

Trying to get a German DD game right now requires patience, unless you go Co-Op.

I believe it is permanent, last year's (NYC?) was. It isn't too hard getting one on NA, a minute or two at most. I haven't seen any high tier German DDs yet. I suspect it is a combination of a lot of people blew their free XP wad on getting the British cruisers and there not being much interest in German DDs in general.