Tablets

Murph

Great idea. I have come to love the iPad mini retina for reading. The new Samsungs are really nice as well, but crippled with only 16 gb of ram (since Samsung adds 5-10 gb of crapware which eats their memory).

I'm resurrecting my Acer tablet to use in the kitchen. Compared to my Nexus 7 the acer has limited battery life and is heavy and awkward. That doesn't matter in the kitchen andit will save my Nexus from getting all gunked up with flour and stuff.

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Great idea. I have come to love the iPad mini retina for reading. The new Samsungs are really nice as well, but crippled with only 16 gb of ram (since Samsung adds 5-10 gb of crapware which eats their memory).

I'm resurrecting my Acer tablet to use in the kitchen. Compared to my Nexus 7 the acer has limited battery life and is heavy and awkward. That doesn't matter in the kitchen andit will save my Nexus from getting all gunked up with flour and stuff.

I added 64 GB to my Samsung for $49 and still haven't spent as much as you did! :P

Sigh, sad but true...

I added 64 GB to my Samsung for $49 and still haven't spent as much as you did! :P

• 2 weeks later...

I have decided what I really want is an e-paper type table that is in the 7-9" range of size with a resolution of at least 1600x1200 (1920x1400 preferred) 32+ gb of ram, plain vanilla Android o/s that allows me to add the Kindle, Nook, PDFs, and iBooks apps so I can d/l all my books in one place. So until that comes to pass, I will stick with the iPad mini retina so I can have all my books in one place.

• 1 month later...

The kids are having issues with math, so a good friend who is a retired SCPO from the Navy who is a substitute teacher is helping. We are using SKYPE over the Nexus 10 tablet rather than hangouts or facetime on the ipad since Skype seems to work better. Anyone have a video/audio conferencing app that also might have a "whiteboard" function?