Gage match between Putin and Obama would be wild

One one hand you had a high trained and successful KGB agent saboteur

On the other hand you have Putin

R u ready to rumble!!!! .

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Relations between Russia and the US were on a roller coaster ride recently. On August 7, the White House cancelled the planned September summit between President Barack Obama and President Vladimir Putin, citing Russia's decision to grant asylum to NSA leaker Edward Snowden and the "lack of progress" on missile defense and a range of other issues.

Two days later, Secretary of State John Kerry and Secretary of Defense Chuck Hagel hosted their Russian counterparts in Washington, smoothing over relations between Washington and Moscow and vowing to deepen ties between the US and Russian militaries.

http://www.cfr.org/russian-federation/putins-anti-us-measures-more-spiteful-than-strategic/p31251

• 2 weeks later...

Brilliantly timed for publication.

Op-Ed Contributor A Plea for Caution From Russia

What Putin Has to Say to Americans About Syria

By VLADIMIR V. PUTIN

Published: September 11, 2013

MOSCOW — RECENT events surrounding Syria have prompted me to speak directly to the American people and their political leaders. It is important to do so at a time of insufficient communication between our societies.

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/09/12/opinion/putin-plea-for-caution-from-russia-on-syria.html?hp&_r=1&

Edited by X-Files

It pains me to say this, but Putin is 10 times a better leader than Obama, albeit his style is different. I mean, Obama is a mediocre democratic president, whereas Putin is a superb authoritarian strongman.

I might be crossing a line here, but i also think Putin loves his country more, again in his particular way.

Edited by toysoldier

It pains me to say this, but Putin is 10 times a better leader than Obama, albeit his style is different. I mean, Obama is a mediocre democratic president, whereas Putin is a superb authoritarian strongman.

Both are the focus of their own personality cults, so they've got that in common. Which means they'll never be BFFs. Obama surely must be a bit disgruntled that Putin has yet to kneel down and kiss the ring.

I might be crossing a line here, but i also think Putin loves his country more, again in his particular way.

Which country do you think Obama doesn't love? ^_^

When you look past the soaring rhetoric from TOTUS and look at his upbringing, associations, and unguarded slips o' the tongue, I think its pretty clear that Obama despises American people, American culture, and America the political experiment start to finish.

h1C6C0937.jpg

Am I the only one to notice that Friendly M. Walrus has steel replacement tusks? Is he some sort of secret Navy attack walrus inspired by Richard Kiel?

Brilliantly timed for publication.

Op-Ed Contributor A Plea for Caution From Russia

What Putin Has to Say to Americans About Syria

By VLADIMIR V. PUTIN

Published: September 11, 2013

MOSCOW — RECENT events surrounding Syria have prompted me to speak directly to the American people and their political leaders. It is important to do so at a time of insufficient communication between our societies.

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/09/12/opinion/putin-plea-for-caution-from-russia-on-syria.html?hp&_r=1&

My working and personal relationship with President Obama is marked by growing trust. I appreciate this. I carefully studied his address to the nation on Tuesday. And I would rather disagree with a case he made on American exceptionalism, stating that the United States’ policy is “what makes America different. It’s what makes us exceptional.” It is extremely dangerous to encourage people to see themselves as exceptional, whatever the motivation. There are big countries and small countries, rich and poor, those with long democratic traditions and those still finding their way to democracy. Their policies differ, too. We are all different, but when we ask for the Lord’s blessings, we must not forget that God created us equal.

Vladimir V. Putin is the president of Russia.

Washington, DC: Crickets.

Completely inaccurate. I mean, when was the last time a tank had rivets? :P

By the time Obama is through with our economy, we'll be lucky if Army AFVs are riveted steel, vice plywood...