Battle Reports And Replays

Fritz

Standard account...

Victory!

Battle: Fjords

Vehicle: Cromwell

Experience received: 1,703

Credits received: 34,509 (compensation for damage caused by allies: 25)

Battle achievements: High Caliber, Confederate, Brothers in Arms, Mastery Badge: "Ace Tanker"

This tank is amazing. Another Cromwell and I combined for more damage than the rest of our team combined. We carried a game as low tier against 7s and came back outnumbered 3-5 at the end to win it.

That dpm coupled to that mobility! I think I'll be keeping this one in the garage.

Which is why I always target them first.

• Replies 923
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Victory!

Battle: Arctic Region

Vehicle: Black Prince

Experience received: 2,061

Credits received: 52,770

Battle achievements: Top Gun, High Caliber, Steel Wall, Master Gunner, Mastery Badge: "Ace Tanker"

This was my 3rd Ace in the tank today. I'm coming off a multi-day break from WoT (Age of Wonders III is addictive!) which likely helped as well as running into team after team that didn't load gold or know how to abuse my sides.

• 2 weeks later...

Nice way to finish the On Track event:

Victory!
Battle: Highway
Vehicle: T95
Experience received: 2,256
Credits received: 76,358
Battle achievements: Top Gun, High Caliber, Mastery Badge: "Ace Tanker"

Finished with just a 50% w/r in the T28 and 49% in the T95. These two vehicles are just... bad (they really reinforce how speed is so important to helping win pub games). I think the T28 may be in competition with the SU-101 for worst vehicle in the game.

• 4 weeks later...

Victory!

Battle: Winter Himmelsdorf

Vehicle: Black Prince

Experience received: 2,374

Credits received: 62,661

Battle achievements: Top Gun, High Caliber, Mastery Badge: "Ace Tanker"

Back after almost a month-long break (minus a handful of CW matches). The time away was good. It's also helped that I've gotten a lot of good teams. Not great ones that ended the match quickly but close matches with teammates that have a clue on proper play and map tactics. I've given out more "gj tank x" and "gj x flank" comments than I've had rage tirades (which is definitely not the norm).

Ace badge only took 3.9k dmg. :blink: Not really a ringing endorsement for the power of this thing.

Victory!
Battle: Cliff
Vehicle: Centurion Mk. I
Experience received: 2,080
Credits received: 63,856
Battle achievements: High Caliber, Steel Wall, Spartan, Mastery Badge: "Ace Tanker"

Started off rushing the 1/2 line (which is now viable... but a lot of players are stuck on pre-map change ways of playing or only focus on the lanes in the far east) but didn't go around the corner. I've learned painfully a couple times now the Cent doesn't rush anywhere. I held up, a friendly med went around, saw he took no damage and didn't spot anything, and then pushed the ramp leading to the middle.

There that med (Type 61) and I engaged 5 enemy. I was hull down only showing my turret (which is how I got that Steel Wall). We killed 3 of the enemy but they finally wised up and rushed my ally. I backed down and when our middle force moved to the donut we finally killed the remaining 2.

The enemy was now split between heavies in the far east and TDs on the 1/2 line. Everyone mid on my team shifted to the east. There a lucky ass IS-6 got 2 snap shots on me as I was lining up shots on him. Ended up having to sit out the fight on him and a 103 because I was now a 1-shot. Fortunately, though, a camping TD wisened up on our team, moved up, and rushed the 103 when everyone else was a 1-hit.

From there went back to handle the TDs. They had moved into the open near their cap, I went hull down again, and I racked up more blocked damage from the turret.

So yeah... this thing can shine if you line up a few variables. Unfortunately it's a bigger if than the ones needed for every other tier 8 med I've played. :glare:

Victory!

Battle: Mountain Pass

Vehicle: Centurion Mk. I

Experience received: 1,813

Credits received: 61,054

Battle achievements: High Caliber, Master Gunner, Mastery Badge: "1st Class"

We have the NW spawn with 3 lights. NONE of them go to the bush overlooking the ravine and spot the enemy crossing south. That's just pure "I'm-a-mouthbreathing-special-needs-inbred" play right there and I let my team know about it. I go on to pull a hard carry in a shit tank and we manage the win.

Just once... just once... I'd like a team where everyone knows the fucking basics about their tank. It's really a testament to how stupid the WoT playerbase is that such a request is a fantasy.

OTOH, I have seen Cent I used in ESL, by none other then Virtus-Pro... That is 3rd med ever used (Pershing and T69 being occasional standard for some maps).

• 4 weeks later...

OTOH, I have seen Cent I used in ESL, by none other then Virtus-Pro... That is 3rd med ever used (Pershing and T69 being occasional standard for some maps).

How often? Never saw one in the 2nd stage of the Campaign and couldn't sell mine fast enough.

This game made me realize why folks mention using the 20-pdr when platooned and the 105 when solo.

Victory!
Battle: Stalingrad
Vehicle: Centurion Mk. 7/1
Experience received: 2,101
Credits received: 69,435
Battle achievements: Master Gunner, Mastery Badge: "Ace Tanker"

I was solo but ended up running with a 57 for the entire match. We'd face off against slow firers, he'd usually get shot at, and then I'd pop out and use my rapid fire on the enemy (trying to permatrack most of the time). When he was reloading I'd use my healthy hp pool to move in front and block. We combined for 7.5k dmg (I did almost 5k).

Edit: On a related note I wonder why I don't see more 57+heavy platoon combos from good players. The heavy eats the shots while the 57 reloads, uses the hp pool and some armor it has to bait enemies into firing, and the 57 cleans up. Back when I first joined my clan and did platoon there was this one player who moved on from the game (real asshole, but he was good) who did just this (he always played the 57). I jumped in my E 100 and we just roflstomped everything in front of us (he was also one of the few who used TS and platoon to the max, constantly calling out things in games... was frustrating because I enjoyed that aspect but hated his ego).

Edited by Skywalkre

How often? Never saw one in the 2nd stage of the Campaign and couldn't sell mine fast enough.

Well, at least one game I watched Virtus Pro play in ESL (I find quite boring to watch other people play instead of playing myself) but experienced ESL players from clan say it can be reasonably good on Cliff in some tactics and also sometimes on Prokhorovka (but Pershing is generally safer bet there).

We used it once on Lakeville this campaign, it is OK to overwatch mid (high view range and accurate gun) from approach to middle road from one of bases if you are pushing valley (which turned out to my surprise that it can be valid tactic in CW :blink: ).

In order of "used in ESL" it goes something like T69, Pershing, 416, Cent I. I have never seen any T-44, Panther II, Indien, STA-1 or 34-2 except in some total noob teams (but those generally load on heavies).

In very limited situations, yeah, I could see that. In the same scenarios over here folks just seemed to default to the Pershing.

What surprised me was the lack of 416s that I saw. I had heard that line was OP from 7 or 8 onward. Didn't see any of the 8s in the campaign, though.

Edited by Skywalkre

In very limited situations, yeah, I could see that. In the same scenarios over here folks just seemed to default to the Pershing.

Question of having good crew, almost any ESL player has at least decent Pershing crew, while very few have good Cent crew.

What surprised me was the lack of 416s that I saw. I had heard that line was OP from 7 or 8 onward. Didn't see any of the 8s in the campaign, though.

416 is very situational due the non-existing gun depression. We used it on Sand River as RhMs tend to stay too far behind fast attackers (we played Sand River w/o any heavies IIRC - 4 x 13-90, 4 x RU, 2 x 416 one arty, 3 x T69s, one 54 Lt - last one IIRC due the fact there is a hole on hills somewhere where it can spot movement and it's turret peaking only a little hence it is very hard to hit and penetrate...

416 can be also used well on Prohorovka (taking a role of TDs on road but keeping option of more fluid play open), Ruinberg (mid street, you can hide it fully behind junk piles or use it on the road near red line in more TD mode) and sometimes Himmelsdorf (modified version of rail tracks rush).

I liked that med line, I would not say A-44 (tier 7) is OP, it has excellent gun with horrible soft parameters, bad deppresion and burns a lot. Unlike 416 it can not really snipe as gun is not accurate enough on longer ranges.

416 is OP if your team goes forward, if you have to be on the front of advance it is very meh. It is more like TD with (semi)turret then medium. Armor is also very poor and it burns a lot. You can play it as passive spotter howver as cammo is insane (almost E-25 level).

Tier 9 is good but actually frustrating to play (bad depression, and your armor is not as good as it says on paper, especially turret has quite a few weakspots). It burns a lot, probably more then A-44.

430 was meh before and decent after buff (but 140 is still probably better for CW).

A-43 on tier 6 is actually very, very good but requires very unique semi-light play style as you have only average guns (I found that 76mm actually works better when top tier, 57mm when on bottom for some reason. Kept switching back and forth and could not decide on one gun...

Edited by bojan

Victory!

Battle: Komarin

Vehicle: M5 Stuart

Experience received: 1,182

Credits received: 19,525

Battle achievements: Orlik's Medal, Mastery Badge: "Ace Tanker"

Just atrocious design to have the gun this thing has and pit it against the opponents it sees. You go from a pitiful 37mm on this to a stock gun of 75mm on the Chaffee. Another tank that just screams we-left-it-in-so-players-spend-money-to-free-xp-it. They couldn't have made something up to give this a better top gun? If the enemy team has 4-5 T14, KV-1, or higher (I can see tier 7s in this thing) there's nothing I can do to stop them. I have to rely on my team to kill those which in WoT basically means a loss. A few games ago I spent 22 gold rounds to get 3 pens on a KV-1. It'd be one thing if Lights were all about spotting but the latest iteration of them clearly shows they're intended to deal damage. The

It's amazing what you can do when the game designers give you a gun that can actually pen enemies you'll run into. :glare: (Was against tier 7s, too, btw.)

Victory!
Battle: Severogorsk
Vehicle: M24 Chaffee
Experience received: 3,764 (x2 for the first victory each day)
Credits received: 42,814 (compensation for damage caused by allies: 1,314)
Battle achievements: Master Gunner, Sharpshooter, Mastery Badge: "Ace Tanker"

Would have likely come in the game before but the enemy clicker I was circling got lucky on a short range shot. Gotta love RNG based gameplay...

Edited by Skywalkre

Victory!

Battle: Steppes

Vehicle: M24 Chaffee

Experience received: 1,702

Credits received: 34,425

Battle achievements: Top Gun, Dumitru's Medal, Mastery Badge: "Ace Tanker"

Most rewarding medal EVER!

Night and day difference from stock gun/turret to upgraded turret/20-pdr.

Victory!
Battle: Live Oaks
Vehicle: Caernarvon
Experience received: 3,828 (x2 for the first victory each day)
Credits received: 68,814
Battle achievements: High Caliber, Tank Sniper, Mastery Badge: "Ace Tanker"

Heh, two in one day. The Brit trees seemed to have flipped on me. I couldn't stand the tiers 5-7 heavies but am starting to love the Caern (and have heard good things about Conq). Meanwhile, I've hated the Cents but absolutely loved tiers 5-7 of the medium line.

Victory!
Battle: Westfield
Vehicle: Caernarvon
Experience received: 2,176
Credits received: 66,988
Battle achievements: 1 Mark of Excellence, High Caliber, Steel Wall, Reaper, Mastery Badge: "Ace Tanker"

I'm amazed you found a pub team that took advantage of good scouting like that. Back when I played the T71 I made it a point to scout above all else over like a 40-game stretch and noted how much spotting damage I got. In short, pub teams almost never took advantage of good scouting and I simply started focusing on direct damage instead. My experience with the Chaffee has been no different. :glare:

...and that's why when tomatoes complain about light tanks being OP and focused on damage on places like For the Record I laugh at them. If they wouldn't be too stupid to attack tanks that lights are actually spotting, light tanks wouldn't need to focus on their own damage in order to stay relevant in the game.