Battle Reports And Replays

Fritz

Textbook example of how you defend the southern approach to the eastern base on Arctic Region.

Victory!
Battle: Arctic Region
Vehicle: VK 72.01 (K)
Experience received: 1,926 (x2 for the first victory each day)
Credits received: 42,437
Battle achievements: Mastery Badge: "2nd Class"

It's basically the same as you always did before but so few actually have the patience to do it. In short, you wait at the top of the hill (and with the map change you have one go to the very low road to stop a flanking force) and just let arty do the work as they come around the south.

I was the one tank to go very bottom road. A 57 came with me. An E 100 was at the top of the hill. We had three arty on our team and they were platooned so I knew this would be cake if we set up right. Unfortunately the 57 got antsy early on and charged ahead to get some side shots on their force as they moved in. He got off one clip before getting killed leaving just me below. The enemy tried to move on me but arty was there to help (taking 80% off of one waffle that tried to push up). The E 100 eventually died but before he did 5 enemy were dead. After his death a WT IV moved up and we got 3 more before the map was clearly in our hands and we pushed further up.

Aggresiveness is key to winning in pubs but patience in a good setup will take you far if you know what to do*. Sad how so few seem to know how to defend that area from a pub push.

* I had just come off a win on Ensk in my E 100 after sitting back and watching my team move into the same stupid spot repeatedly. I was half tempted to push up and reinforce failure and try to make the most of it but instead held back, waited for the map to play out, and for the enemy to move into a better position. Ended up carrying to a win when a loss seemed certain early on.

• Replies 923
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yessss!

It took 228 matches, but finally I got it for this one too:

Victory!
Battle: Siegfried Line
Vehicle: M6
Experience received: 1 723
Credits received: 48 891
Battle achievements: High Caliber, Steel Wall, Mastery Badge: "Ace Tanker"
Mission completed! Reward:
Premium days added: 3
Added: Large Repair Kit (x2)

15 hits (15 fired), 13 pens, 2321 dmg, 632 assisted, 7 damaged, 3 kills, 7 (!) spotted.

* I had just come off a win on Ensk in my E 100 after sitting back and watching my team move into the same stupid spot repeatedly. I was half tempted to push up and reinforce failure and try to make the most of it but instead held back, waited for the map to play out, and for the enemy to move into a better position. Ended up carrying to a win when a loss seemed certain early on.

During the early phase of a battle I prefer to munch on a sandwich :)

After a massive failure yesterday (horrible in every aspect except for ace on M6), I started this session with:

Victory!
Battle: Serene Coast
Vehicle: T40
Experience received: 4 650 (x2 for the first victory each day)
Credits received: 26 604
Battle achievements: Top Gun, High Caliber, Mastery Badge: "Ace Tanker"

29 shots, 22/21 hits/pens, 1712 dmg, 56 assisted, 9 damaged, 9 killed.

Yes, the backpack was heavy, but well worth it this time. :)

Followed by:

Victory!
Battle: Province
Vehicle: T82
Experience received: 2 028 (x2 for the first victory each day)
Credits received: 18 849
Battle achievements: Master Gunner, Sharpshooter, Mastery Badge: "1st Class"

Where I strangely enough was the only one killed on our team. 6th sense never went off. Quite possible the guy was aiming at someone close to me and got lucky with a few shots.

Another funny thing about this was that all my dmg (773) was done from +300 meters, but I still got most assist-points, about 100 more than the next guy. And my distance travelled was only 0,15.

Finally, 5.800 points damage in a tier 8 game, wish it was a win but we had two AMX 50 100 on outeam with zero damage. done.

Defeat
Battle: Sand River
Vehicle: T32
Experience received: 1.383
Credits received: 56.229
Battle achievements: High Caliber, Mastery Badge: "Ace Tanker"

Another "never give up, never surrender!" game and this time in a stock TD (and standard account).

Victory!
Battle: Prokhorovka
Vehicle: SU-100M1
Experience received: 959
Credits received: 24,752
Battle achievements: Defender, Master Gunner, Sharpshooter, Mastery Badge: "2nd Class"

We're north and I head 1/2 line and sit in the back. Enemy pushes up and I get lots of early shots but unfortunately the enemy wins the scouting war and eventually takes out everyone but me on that side. I'm now facing at least 3, one a 3/4 health T29, and get the hell out of Dodge. Amazingly I make it to the railroad crossing without taking any damage.

It's looking pretty bad at this point. We're down a few tanks and most of my team is mid. Enemy pushes down 1/2 but also pushes directly over mid. I get in 2 kills and damage some others but somehow a 122-44 has gotten on our cap without being seen til the last second (even though I'm sitting right on the rail crossing) from the 1/2 line and takes a shot at me (but misses).

We're down, enemy on cap and 2 still mid, and if I simply pull up and fire on the capper I'll be hit from two sides. Odds are against me but my only option is to actually push south to the mid crossing. There I help take out the last enemy mid so I'll only be taking fire from cap. Once mid the enemy now has 2 cappers but friendlies who moved from the 9 line to where I was before light cap and I get another kill on the second capper.

It's now 2 on 2. I got another shot on the 122-44 so he's a 1-shot. Enemy also has an M4 somewhere 1/2 line but he's only landed 1 shot for minimal damage (think he was throwing HE out of the stock gun). I simply move south behind the berm, charge over, take aim on the 122-44, and finish him off. Move on to the M4 with the Tiger alive on my team and finish him off with ease.

At the end it turns out 1/3 of my team did 0 dmg. The Tiger and I both did nearly 3k dmg to carry the team (apparently he took the hill all on his own).

Took almost 4k which is quite a lot for a tier 7.

Draw
Battle: Abbey
Vehicle: SU-100M1
Experience received: 2,031
Credits received: 56,809
Battle achievements: High Caliber, Tank Sniper, Mastery Badge: "Ace Tanker"

Enemy was smart. Was down to 3 for each side at the end and my side had 1 arty. They played for the draw and I was damaged and low tier. Not a lot of options in my position. Was a good game nonetheless.

Skipping the top gun and tracks so was only partially upgraded (though to be fair neither upgrade is huge).

Edited by Skywalkre

2nd gun has much better "handling", it is much, much more comfortable to use even if stats difference is minor.

Bitter sweet end to my 7 game winning streak in the T34. Did 3682 DMG -- which was almost double that of my next nearest team mate. TG and High Caliber. I had the Lowe down to 46 HPs -- but their RHMb came around my flank. Shot and killed the RHMb but the Lowe used the opportunity to rush me while I was reloading. Unfortunately my hull didn't bounce his shot and my 7 game winning streak was over.

And this was while I was still experimenting with an out of class tank commander in the turret. I also got a courageous defense bonus so my final credit intake was 111562 and final EXP was 1662

Edited by jwduquette1

My first Master for a long time:

Victory!

Battle: Prokhorovka

Vehicle: Jagdpanther II

Experience received: 3 930 (x2 for the first victory each day)

Credits received: 68 338

Battle achievements: High Caliber, Tank Sniper, Mastery Badge: "Ace Tanker"

Actually the enemy to blame, I was left alone on the hill firing down on the cappers

while their Panher II and a E 25 didn't dare to attack up the hill and stood idling halfway up the hill.

Cheers

/John

I just lost what was probably my most enjoyable game in the M12 arty. I got 4 kills in Marinovka, two of which were E25s on the move and a Jackson in direct fire mode.

Having the E25s which were a platoon whining how I managed to hit the smallest tank in the game while moving was priceless. :D

Edited by Mistral

So what do you have to do to get an M in the IS-6? Did over 4000 in DMG -- over 1200 in assisted -- bounced over 1000 in potential dmg -- killed 5 RED tanks and took 122mm sized chunks out of another 4. I get a lot of "1s, 2s and 3s" in this thing, but the 'M' remains pretty elusive.

I pretty much fired all of my AP by the end of the match and was dipping into my handful of HE when we finally killed their last SPG.

Edited by jwduquette1

So what do you have to do to get an M in the IS-6? Did over 4000 in DMG -- over 1200 in assisted -- bounced over 1000 in potential dmg -- killed 5 RED tanks and took 122mm sized chunks out of another 4. I get a lot of "1s, 2s and 3s" in this thing, but the 'M' remains pretty elusive.

It's a favorite tank of purples to farm credits, XP, and stat pad with while in platoons. I've seen several rerolls over the last few days who played nothing but this to unlock high tier tanks. As such, with all those games from good players, the Ace bar is going to be set really high.

Master in Sturer Emil after running out of bullets. Despite the efforts of two mouthbreathers in my team revealing my position, Pirezec and natounet1999, it was possible to achieve a draw. And the xp was the one of a victory, because all the medals! :D

http://www.vbaddict.net/battlereport/sunday-eu-24edcdc4ba03838863279a39c79f5345/cliff-germany-pz-sfl-v-139772749913053744

Edited by sunday

Have been grinding the IS-8 and KV-4. As a relief \ change of pace I jumped into my PzJag-I for a match. After the match -- which we won -- I was looking at the stats of some of the players. I came across this stat which I thought was a tad weird -- at least for my tastes. One of the T18 drivers on my team has almost 7,500(!) matches in his T18. This was out of a total of a little under 14,000 matches played in total. Wow. That's a dude who likes his T18. :blink:

Now I just came across something on FTR indicating WG intends on eliminating the T18 from the game. What does a dude like this do when he's probably spent over 52,000-minutes of his life playing the T18 only to have it axed from the game? :D

Stats will carry on whatever replacement there is, so he can boast about those.

That is 2nd account 100%.

Interestingly odd as well...a 2nd account with a large amount of time sunk into play time. Yet it's intended almost exclusively to sealclub in a T18. LoL -- why? Why not just T18 club in one account?

Stats may carry over but hardly the point. He obviously really-really-really-REALLY likes playing his T18.

Edited by jwduquette1

An Ace badge from good RNG... gotta love arty in this game.

Victory!
Battle: Northwest
Vehicle: M12
Experience received: 1,548
Credits received: 47,008
Battle achievements: High Caliber, Gore's Medal, Mastery Badge: "Ace Tanker"
Mission completed! Reward:
Added: Automatic Fire Extinguisher (x2)

I've been playing the M12 for a week and at the end of the day the experience has just reinforced how poorly arty is designed. I get to wait 30+ seconds for a shot that has a 1/3 chance in hitting a perfect target. How is that good game design (and fun for the receiving end when it does hit)?

Edit: Very next game I get Sand River. I take 6 perfect shots on slow heavies sitting in the open on the enemy team. I splash twice for a combined 150 damage.

Yeah... brilliant game design. WG devs so pro!

Edited by Skywalkre