Battle Reports And Replays

Fritz

• Replies 923
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Victory! Map: Port Saturday, January 26, 2013 11:22:55 AM

Vehicle:: Cruiser Mk. IV

Exp: 1,492 + Credits: 24,987 (Compensation: 180)

Achievements: : Master Gunner, Sharpshooter

Only did 1230 damage in a tier 6 battle. Get carried!

There! You happy! <_<

The battle that compensated my bad luck in the past couple days.

If you actually watch the battle you'll see I got real lucky overall. All my shots at cmdr cupolas hit where I aimed and all my shots did hp damage. And I managed to break them very early on with my first 3-4 shots - 2-3 important tanks were crippled and intimidated, from there on it was easy.

However it's a bit boring to watch, I don't really do anything especially creative, just keep good hull-down position and hit often, so I won't be mad if you skip it.

Edited by Fritz

Day before yesterday I could not lose in Hellcat. Think I won, like, 14 of 15 battles or something. Today - reversed. 6 losses in 6 games.

But if I perform like this, you know it is one of those days:

Defeat! Map: Serene Coast den 29 januari 2013 20:04:00

Vehicle:: M18 Hellcat

Exp: 991 + Credits: 26 469

Achievements: : Pool's Medal, Top Gun

10 kills. At the end I was alone against 5 of them. Picked off 3, left a broken down P38 and... a Matilda at 100%.

Problem was - I was all out of ammo. Last attempt I did in the game was trying to ram the P38, but the Matilda got me. Both were sitting on our cap.

Twelve straight wins. Almost all the teams were amazing. Worked together. Knew to hit enemies from flanks rather than all bunching up in one area from the front. It's like I entered an alternate universe.

I need to go buy lotto tickets...

Edit: Right after posting this I get two losses with two absolutely boneheaded teams full of nothing but mouthbreathers.

Edited by Skywalkre

Blog (in Russian) that has some of replays by some of quite good players, even w/o Russian knowledge those are worth watching as some of the tactics are let's say a bit unorthodox. Regularly updated.

http://panzer-journal.ru/

The power of platooning.

Had three terribad players (40, 44, and 48% w/r) all in a KV-1S on Fisherman's Bay (northern team). They wait about 2 minutes after we start and just move straight towards the enemy cap. They stuck together the whole way. Ended up getting 6 or so kills amongst themselves. Capped for the win.

The power of platooning.

Had three terribad players (40, 44, and 48% w/r) all in a KV-1S on Fisherman's Bay (northern team). They wait about 2 minutes after we start and just move straight towards the enemy cap. They stuck together the whole way. Ended up getting 6 or so kills amongst themselves. Capped for the win.

I see this fairly often recently. It does go against the rule that deep red players are absolutely worthless.

The power of platooning.

I see this fairly often recently. It does go against the rule that deep red players are absolutely worthless.

I looked closer at their stats and I'm wondering if they're botters most of the time. One of the guys had 8k games and only 1k kills. Another one had similar stats (these were the 40 and 44% guys). To know enough to wait till the enemy is engaged in the normal areas, move up together, stick together, and cap takes more brain power than someone who gets such a low record by playing all the time.

After the horrible Campinovka experience I had on my Type T-34 I jumped in my T34.

Victory!

Battle: Ensk Wednesday, January 30, 2013 1:17:00 PM

Vehicle: T34

Experience received: 1,834

Credits received: 120,625

Battle Achievements: Steel Wall, Sniper

Yep, that's right. A Steel Wall in a T34. I lucked out though.

Game started real bad. I was on the northern team and heading east when I saw all their Type 59s zoom up into one of the enclosed courtyards near our base. They should have been overrun because all our heavies, minus me, were heading toward them and they outnumbered them over 2:1. Instead, my team gets scared and plays hesitant. By the time I get to the fight we've lost 2-3 and several others are badly damaged.

I move in. There's a broken building at the northern part of this enclosure so only my hull is showing. I Get 2 kills and scare the crap out of several of their tanks. Then 2 of their heavies flank me from around the corner from the east. They can't aim. I'm able to back up to the far edge of the western side of the map. There I turn south and use the hull of one of my dead teammates to hide my hull and pick off 1 more tank way in the south and severely damage another, sending it running away. I then circle in around the last Type 59 still on the inside. At this point, what was a surefire defeat was now in our hands. I move to the middle towards their base and kill a T34. We cap with almost half our team still alive and only 1 of theirs. It was a great recovery. In no small part to myself, thankyouverymuch. ;)

Edited by Skywalkre

If you can abuse terrain it's not that hard to get Steel Wall in T34. Not to mention you can dance against an incompetent player your hull so that you'll bounce far more than your fair share.

Still, Steel Wall is fairly rare compared to real tier 8 heavies. I average one in ~2.2% of my games (looking at other players that seems to be fairly consistent) in the T34. That's half of my next closest tier 8 (IS-3 at ~4.5%) and just barely above what I averaged in the T-44 (~1.6%).

Edited by Skywalkre

Victory!

Battle: Malinovka Thursday, January 31, 2013 1:07:42 PM

Vehicle: T71

Experience received: 1,916

Credits received: 50,877

Battle Achievements: Top Gun, Patrol Duty, Mastery Badge: "Ace Tanker"

7 kills, last one (Grille) by ramming as I was out of ammo.

Defense, went down to forest, positioned myself and shot everything that dared to come close.

In the T1HT I got scout and I only traveled 150m :huh:

Sand river normal battle, south side. Everyone of team goes over the hills and town to the east so I stop and take position on the cap point behind some rocks to protect the 2 arty who stayed there. It seems the enemy had the same idea as our team but they took the other way to our base. I think I spotted 12 enemy tanks and killed 8 including 4 churchils, best battle in a while.

First game on the Type 58 and with a 75 gunner! I think I'm going to like this one. ;)

Victory!

Battle: Mines Thursday, January 31, 2013 2:49:27 PM

Vehicle: Type 58

Experience received: 2,574 (x2 for the first victory each day)

Credits received: 28,164

Battle Achievements: Master Gunner, Sharpshooter, Mastery Badge: "3rd Class"

Heh, forgot to take the battle results, but had a nice battle at tier VII, me in M4A3E8 and a co-worker with his SU-122-44... Combination of high Alpha and high RoF vehicles seems to be the ticket. I was able to cover him when he rushed too far and got into turning match with 3601, OTOH then when I was duelling Jpz IV and 3001 appeared on our flank I knew it'd be dead before it can destroy me... We ended battle with 9 kills between the two of us.

Another battle was pure trolling, with gamescom Pz IIJ's, we formed a platoon of 3 and on Malinovka encounter without Marders (important condition ;)) we just rolled forward and trolled. The 2cm KwK is really crappy gun at Tier III, even with gold, but the IIJ attracts fire... It is ideal scout and distraction, as there were three of us at one place teammates got a lot of freebies as the enemy concentrated on our 80mm front armor :)

In the end, with last enemy remaining and too far for us we just went gor horseplay nad started shooting at each other, as the credit ammo (heck, even the premium) of 2cm KwK makes absolutely no damage at all...

My M46 is still cursed, despite playing well, still no wins tonite, despite all my other tanks getting x2 on their first battles. Well only 18,000 to go for the M48.

I've uploaded a few of my replays to youtube. My youtube channel here: http://www.youtube.c...b?feature=watch

Here is my first attempt of adding commentary to my replays:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=clbwKm7cxtk&list=PLAH4yl5r83rurSAs-sRxiPrpaRCqsARr6&index=34

Thanks

Here is another good replay.. T1 Heavy, got 12k experiance from the most recent x5 event. Pretty intense come from behind win:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=te6WCkLlFgQ

My work is done.

Victory!

Battle: Dragon Ridge Friday, February 01, 2013 2:56:23 PM

Vehicle: T-150

Experience received: 2,167

Credits received: 108,210

Battle Achievements: Steel Wall, Top Gun, Mastery Badge: "Ace Tanker"

Grabbed the T-150 just to get the Ace badge (had a 1 badge from playing this tank a handful of games right as the badge system came out, it always bugged me seeing it there). In a short afternoon and over 400k credits later (almost paying off what I spent on it) I got it.

Basically won the game on my own. Tier 6 was high tier. Myself and one other tank went village. Had 5 idiots go far west. Won the fight at the village, then turned back around and took out two enemy tier 6 meds that came up that close ramp to the village on the north side and were terrorizing my team's arty.

What was even sweeter than getting the Ace badge was killing a moron by the name of caius_martius (if you see him in game, point and laugh for me). He was one of those mediums who got into our base. He was on the far northern edge of the map hiding behind a dead arty. However, it was a steep slope so half of his engine compartment was showing. Put a round in there, set him on fire, and killed him. The rest of the game I'm hearing him call me a hacker and I'm throwing it right back at him WHILE still fighting off the rest of his team.

We won because the only other tank on my team capped while the rest of his team was trying to get me. One rather cocky 3601 called out in ALL that I was all his. Took him out without breaking a sweat. ;)

I love feeding on the tears of mouthbreathers. :D

Edit: Sent a rather polite message after the game explaining how I managed to kill him. No response and he left the private channel.

I'm not surprised. :glare:

Edited by Skywalkre

What was even sweeter than getting the Ace badge was killing a moron by the name of caius_martius (if you see him in game, point and laugh for me).

I've mentioned him before, he talks non stop and sticks around after he's dead to complain about hackers and lemmings. I'd put him on ignore but he's such a stereotypically bad player that I just can't bring myself to do it.