The Mouthbreather Thread

Skywalkre

• Replies 847
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

These can get... negative, so I thought I'd save the general thread from hearing them. Have two examples from just six games this afternoon! (One on Serene Coast and the other on Dragon Ridge. Perfect timing and they both illustrate why they're being removed.)

First game - Serene Coast

As that blog post in the general thread showed, this map has the highest odds of ending in a draw (yay for FAIL map designers!). This game was looking that way. I'm on the northern team and there's 4 of us (2 arty, a TD, and myself) against 5 of them. High tier is 6 and I'm on my Type T-34.

I was in the NW corner but a 3601 was also up there somewhere. I moved back down to our cap area and waited for him (enemy arty was pretty spot on this game). I load gold rounds. He comes over the tracks and I unleash on him. I keep moving around (I was kind of on a reverse slope but given the poor depression on this thing I was still vulnerable). With the help of one shot from our arty, that 3601 missing one shot from me juking around, and my gold rounds we finish him off. I'm feeling pretty good. Our TD and the other arty finish off one of the enemy who was in town as well. Now 4-3 in our favor.

I saw trees get knocked down in the NW so I moved back up to spot. I spot an arty and a TD and our TD in town spots their other arty in the middle of the map. That latter arty is killed. I get one shot in on the arty I spot before getting killed. However, the after death camera showed that that arty didn't move. I inform our arty of this. Neither of them fire... ever.

We have only 2m left to go in this game. What does our TD decide to do? He moves to cap. I point out he doesn't have enough time. He responds with it'll distract the enemy. Let me point out how stupid this is. First, the location of the remaining enemy is known. If they move to stop his cap (which is likely, it's amazing how many players don't know cap mechanics) it's not like they'll ever be spotted and killed. They were up in the NW corner. With less than 2m to go they'll never make it back to base. His plan was pointless.

So, guess what happens? Our TD keeps moving. The enemy moves to cap. One of our arty kills their TD and all they have left is one arty capping. This arty kills our arty which was spotting our cap. Our other arty is too far away.

Game ends in tie due to severe case of mouthbreather.

Second game - Dragon Ridge

I'm still on the Type T-34. Game is tier 7 as high tier. Guess what all our high tier (some are heavies, btw) decide to do? That's right folks, they GO WEST! We're overrun in the middle (because we basically have no one in the middle) and the enemy cruises into our base. Do any of these mouthbreathers out west move back to base to defend, even after it's clearly visible on the minimap what's happening and several comments in chat have been posted pointing out our predicament?

NOPE!

Eventually when the enemy was at 30ish on the cap one of the mediums starts moving back. He didn't even make it halfway. I looked up a few because, per the usual, they tried to defend their stupid play. Yeah, they all had terrible records. Play like that is why.

Edited by Skywalkre

MM's twisted sense of humor

No, no point in playing today, I either do VERY dumb stuff or consistently roll 0 on the dice. I'll go read a book.

Edited by Fritz

Please.

Behold!

shot_041.jpg

Yes, 10 Tier 10s vs 4. At least we had more scouts. :rolleyes:

The aftermath:

shot_042.jpg

Think about it. All that advantage they had, all the available HP to shoot on our side, and I still out-damaged everyone by a ludicrous amount.

Man, winning is so hard when the teams are full retard and the game is up to you and the one good player on the other team. He just has to make one less mistake than you.

Also, I'm developing a new appreciation for 45%-ers. Seems they have no fear and will just straight rush you regardless, very scary when you're alone in your med and there's 3 of them. Average players will be more cautious and I can beat them easily at that game - but I can't beat a rush since even 45%-ers know about flanking.

The scariest of them all is a 45% KV-5 rushing downhill towards you - SHOOT THE TRACKS!!!!! or you're dead.

Edited by Fritz

Lost three battles straight in P II, think I'll put the game down for a while. First game XVM said 75% chance of win, we lost 13-3 I think. Second game XVM said 52% chance of win, we lost with half the enemy team left. Third game XVM said 25% chance of win and we lost with 3 enemy tanks left. So I guess I need a team that has 5% chance of win to actually win?... Anyway this is just worthless waste of time.

Had a great start this morning. Went 12 for 12. Since then 4 straight losses.

This one was the worst by far. El Halluf, northern team, on my M5A1. A fairly large number of us push south and up into their base. It's looking like another win when I check the score and see they've basically done the exact same thing. There's more blue markers near our base than green ones near theirs. I turn around and floor it to our base. On my way there I come across TWO of my teammates who were back at base... and left it. They were moving towards the enemy. Why? I have no fucking clue. I get up to our base and kill two cappers, take the last one down to like 5%, but end up dying. I look back at the map and those mouthbreathers that abandoned our base somehow died in the bottom of the valley and what we had at their base was already dead.

What goes through the mind of some of these folks is beyond me.

The floodgates have been opened. Mouthbreathers everywhere.

Just had another game on El Halluf. I shit you not, TWELVE of my team camp in all of 2 map squares near our base. What's really sad? They still get overrun.

Sadly, the guys that came across south with me weren't much smarter. I'm moving up that road in the south and I see on the map a Pz III that's coming off the hill behind us. I stop, engage him. What does the other light with me do? He keeps moving up and crests the top of the road and gets killed by 3 in their base. He then goes on to berate me for leaving him.

I kindly pointed out how I know what a minimap is and how to read it, and his death was his own retarded fault. :glare:

Here's how you throw away a win.

Campinovka. Northern team. We have an ELC AMX scout for us for the first 1-2 minutes before he's killed. He does a great job (minus getting killed, that is) and we kill 4 of their tanks. We should have this in the bag. My team throws it away.

First, a medium chargest across the middle about 30 seconds after we lose our scout. Dead. Then about 3/4 of my team stays in our base but doesn't take arty cover. Their arty kills 3. Then near the end when we're now outnumbered 1 heavy crosses the field alone. Dead. A few seconds later another one crosses the middle of the field alone. Dead.

The levels of stupidity shown are amazing at times.

A rat would not eat the same food twice if it caught sickness from eating it the first time.

All you need to do to be good at this game is to be better than a rat.

He's one of the highest rated WoT players.

Edited by Fritz

It's amazing how folks defend their bad play when you point it out rather than realize they're wrong.

I had a game the other day where we were clearly winning. We had twice as many tanks left as them. All their remaining tanks were camping back at base. Sadly, my team was spread out and damaged so those campers were able to take us out. I commented in ALL that those campers won but lose doing the same strat 9 out of 10 games, but this one is all they'll remember when they justify to themselves that it's a smart strat to follow.

I just drove 5 miles behind a police car which was tailgating somebody on the highway. That somebody was doing 60 in the left lane and was obviously afraid to make any move that might get him pulled over. Well he was a total retard. When this happens you immediately move one lane to the right - if the cop is actually after you he'd move over too and eventually pull you over or leave you (more rarely?), but if he just really wants to move faster he'll speed past and you can proceed driving normally. This retard drove like this for 5 miles basically blocking traffic (if you're doing 60 on the GSP in the left lane you're blocking traffic). Eventually he did move over and the cop sped past. I see lots of retarded driving exhibiting total lack of basic awareness and decision making every day as my commute is 1h roundtrip in fairly heavy highway traffic. I've come to the conclusion that most people are simply not really good at anything. Moreover, the lack of basic critical thinking means you're also incapable of criticizing yourself (which is the only way to get better at something unless somebody else teaches you).

I just drove 5 miles behind a police car which was tailgating somebody on the highway. That somebody was doing 60 in the left lane and was obviously afraid to make any move that might get him pulled over. Well he was a total retard. When this happens you immediately move one lane to the right - if the cop is actually after you he'd move over too and eventually pull you over or leave you (more rarely?), but if he just really wants to move faster he'll speed past and you can proceed driving normally. This retard drove like this for 5 miles basically blocking traffic (if you're doing 60 on the GSP in the left lane you're blocking traffic). Eventually he did move over and the cop sped past. I see lots of retarded driving exhibiting total lack of basic awareness and decision making every day as my commute is 1h roundtrip in fairly heavy highway traffic. I've come to the conclusion that most people are simply not really good at anything. Moreover, the lack of basic critical thinking means you're also incapable of criticizing yourself (which is the only way to get better at something unless somebody else teaches you).

Are you hinting that there are a lot of stupid people around and that is why there are stupid WOT players?

Are you hinting that there are a lot of stupid people around and that is why there are stupid WOT players?

Just hinting? :) :angry:

"Stupid" is a bit of a blanket statement there, many of these people would do OK if they have things shown/explained to them. The problem is lack of critical thinking skills. Or even if they can think critically they can't apply that to themselves. That's my real problem with people.

"Stupid" is a bit of a blanket statement there, many of these people would do OK if they have things shown/explained to them. The problem is lack of critical thinking skills. Or even if they can think critically they can't apply that to themselves. That's my real problem with people.

Anyone could do stupid things. There is the origin of the Holy Hand Grenade of Tanknet*, for instance ;). The bad thing is when one could not stop doing stupid things. Unfortunately, stupid deeds are easy to remember that good deeds. Especially in WoT, with so many players, it's very probable to find someone doing his stupid deed of the day in a game. He could do fine in other games, but one is not going to check the stats and remember a average player.

*Details -possibly, and only if authorized by the originator- via PM.

Edited by sunday

Yes stupid is too vague. I will agree with critical thinking being nonexistant or not used. Mostly I was poking fun at you. You were quite clear with your post. I was implying you didn't just come out and say what you menat.

I see a lot of the same behavior you posted on during my much shorter commute.