Wot Part Deux

T19

He's talking about in-game cost of normal tanks. Tanks above T8 have been discounted in the past during the golden joystick celebration (including the T8 premiums, which were 10% off IIRC), but one of the WG staff members said they weren't allowed to do that normally. Russians don't like people progressing through the game too fast apparently

• Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Word from serb:

Americans do not like Challenge, on RU-server terrible problems with ensuring the performance of servers, but China still needs to Pay-To-Win.

All difficult.

http://forum.worldoftanks.ru/index.php?/topic/655975-%D0%B2%D0%BE%D0%BF%D1%80%D0%BE%D1%81%D1%8B-%D1%80%D0%B0%D0%B7%D1%80%D0%B0%D0%B1%D0%BE%D1%82%D1%87%D0%B8%D0%BA%D0%B0%D0%BC-8/page__st__100__p__16942757#entry16942757

Word from serb:

Americans do not like Challenge, on RU-server terrible problems with ensuring the performance of servers, but China still needs to Pay-To-Win.

All difficult.

http://forum.worldof...7#entry16942757

...and Byelorussian developers have no clue how to release new content. See: release of new Clan Wars map on North American server.

Word from serb:

All difficult.

...and Byelorussian developers have no clue how to release new content. See: release of new Clan Wars map on North American server.

Sounds like they really dropped the ball.

http://worldoftanks.com/news/1974-rise-americas-event-suspended/

Word from serb:

All difficult.

Sounds like they really dropped the ball.

http://worldoftanks....vent-suspended/

You don't even know the half of it. Just had a clan meeting with WGNA devs. Got to keep my mouth closed about some details, but, yeah, dropped the ball is being a bit generous with them.

Barely got to play this weekend. Although I did get to spend time with my grandson. So I shouldn't complain. He is 9 months old and a happy baby. Makes me feel old because he has so much energy.

I did stay up late to get the xp for the Comet to get the 77mm. I think it helps. What helps more is to move more instead of sit and trade shots. I tend to play everything like a pillbox. I need a giant heavy tank that can barely be hurt and shoots fast. The Comet isn't bad if you move and fire.

Seems that my gun will lift up over objects even if the gun really wouldn't hit them. Is it me or does it do that? That was a problem way back when, but I thought they fixed it.

Still slowly grinding the KV-4 (Very slow). I have the turret, engine and gun to get still. Since I believe the stock turret can take the better 107mm I thought I would make that my main goal. Am I correct that the better 107mm will fit the stock turret?

Has the Löwe been slowed down? Seems even slower then before. Especially uphill. Also, the load time for the gun seems slower. This weekend I had an aweful time with it. Seems every battle my Löwe was in the lower 1/3 of the list. Frustrating when there are few tanks you can really damage and so many hills to climb.

Which brings me to a question. I seem to recall that torque is more important for pulling heavy things then HP. Is that correct? If true, does the game model that?

Thanks

I also experienced Löwe as slower, after 8.2. My theory was that weight was, unintentionally, added when size was upped 12%.

Remedy for that is to play T28. Next to that even stock KV-4 is quick. :)

I don't have the T28. Haven't gone down any TD lines. Although T95 would fit my lack of skills. :P

I need a giant heavy tank that can barely be hurt and shoots fast.

Try british heavies, slow as hell but they get the same guns the mediums get a tier lower and they take a surprising amount of punishment sometimes

Seems that my gun will lift up over objects even if the gun really wouldn't hit them. Is it me or does it do that? That was a problem way back when, but I thought they fixed it.

there are two possible causes for that - either your aim point has moved to a more distant/higher up target, so your gun aimed up to compensate. The other is that your tank is not on flat ground, and ran out of gun depression. The fix they implemented was removing the ability to aim at buildings, so your gun would be pointed at the ground on the other side - this makes life easier if you're popping out around a building and didn't lock your gun

Which brings me to a question. I seem to recall that torque is more important for pulling heavy things then HP. Is that correct? If true, does the game model that?

Thanks

HP is just torque at a given RPM, so I can't see why it would be more important. A high RPM low torque engine can just be geared down to provide more torque at less speed. In an engine peak torque is generally reached well below peak horsepower, giving a rough approximation of how much pulling power it has in gear over a wide RPM range, but in a tank with each gear only covering a few mph you should be able to keep the engine close to the powerband most of the time

There is hidden stat of acceleration on different speed, part of the reason US meds do so well as they have great initial acceleration/

I need a giant heavy tank that can barely be hurt and shoots fast.

Try british heavies, slow as hell but they get the same guns the mediums get a tier lower and they take a surprising amount of punishment sometimes

there are two possible causes for that - either your aim point has moved to a more distant/higher up target, so your gun aimed up to compensate. The other is that your tank is not on flat ground, and ran out of gun depression. The fix they implemented was removing the ability to aim at buildings, so your gun would be pointed at the ground on the other side - this makes life easier if you're popping out around a building and didn't lock your gun

Thanks

HP is just torque at a given RPM, so I can't see why it would be more important. A high RPM low torque engine can just be geared down to provide more torque at less speed. In an engine peak torque is generally reached well below peak horsepower, giving a rough approximation of how much pulling power it has in gear over a wide RPM range, but in a tank with each gear only covering a few mph you should be able to keep the engine close to the powerband most of the time

Thanks. Misinformed on torque then.

For the gun thing. I was moving around a rock chasing another tank. As I got past the rock there was a low outcrop that my gun wouldn't have hit but it jumped up just as I fired at the tank. Of course I missed and he hit me. Don't understand locking my gun.

Trying British heavies too. Have Churchill VII and working to Black Prince.

Trying USSR, US and German heavies too. So far I think IS-3 is best of the tier 8's (I think it is tier 8) I have. I have no tier 9 heavies yet.

Horsepower to weight is the issue, really shows when you hit a hill. I use 100 octane gas in my Lowe, speeds up the tank and turret, plus my driver has off-road and clutch braking skills, now working on smooth driving. All added they help the tank move quicker.

Edited by Colin

Horsepower to weight is the issue, really shows when you hit a hill. I use 100 octane gas in my Lowe, speeds up the tank and turret, plus my driver has off-road and clutch braking skills, now working on smooth driving. All added they help the tank move quicker.

Oh ok. So my Löwe need a bigger engine. :D Who do I see about that? Tuccy or Bojan? :)

I am only on my 3rd skill for my crew. Repair and Fire 100%. Working on BIA. Thanks for the info. My next skill for my driver will off-road. I went with Repair and fire because something is always broken or on fire. :(

Still slowly grinding the KV-4 (Very slow). I have the turret, engine and gun to get still. Since I believe the stock turret can take the better 107mm I thought I would make that my main goal. Am I correct that the better 107mm will fit the stock turret?

It will. You can check which guns will work in a turret by right-clicking on it. At the bottom of the new window you'll see which guns are compatible with the turret. In this case, the 107mm ZiS-24 fits in the turret KV-4.

Remember, it's always best to get the top gun first.

Highlights from RU dev Q&A:

• All branches ending in T5 lights will be extended to higher tiers, eventually
  • 10 new maps planned for 2013
  • T-50-2 replacement confirmed for 8.6
  • german mediums confirmed for 8.5 (researched from 3002DB
  • brit arty 8.6 (well, they said t-50-2 replacement in 8.6 with brit TD's, german meds and brit arty coming first so IMO it's likely it'll pan out that way)
  • TX arty around end of summer
  • japanese and more french lines not high priority
  • fv215b replacement being considered, they have a replacement tank they like (here's my guess)
  • T23 will return as premium
  • another US med line confirmed (gotta be T95 IMO)

More in the links, but it's less interesting stuff.

http://ftr-wot.blogspot.cz/2013/01/2812013.html

http://ftr-wot.blogspot.cz/2013/01/2812013-special.html

I remember when 3AC was big enough to be a somewhat minor force in clan wars we had a regular province rotation worked out with 3 other 'Africa" clans so that everyone had a shot at owning the higher earning provinces for an equal time, there were also various non-aggression and mutual defense agreements and such as well.

The two clans made a deal over who got the province, and once the word got pushed to all the green guys they stood down and let red cap out.

Edited by Harold Jones