The Ultimate Civilian Tea Brewing Machine

Mr King

I have been drinking a lot of hot tea lately. I have a strainer for lose leaf tea, but it is kind of a pain in the butt to use. So I been looking around to see what is out there, and I found the Breville BTM800XL One-Touch Tea Maker. Looks like a hell of a tea making machine, and for what it costs it should be.

http://www.brevilleu...-tea-maker.html

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ugVnsZ54jRY&NR=1

I tried the loose tea thing, but it is a hassle. I've been using a Sunbeam Hot Shot for years (on my second one);

I have been drinking a lot of hot tea lately. I have a strainer for lose leaf tea, but it is kind of a pain in the butt to use. So I been looking around to see what is out there, and I found the Breville BTM800XL One-Touch Tea Maker. Looks like a hell of a tea making machine, and for what it costs it should be.

http://www.brevilleu...-tea-maker.html

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ugVnsZ54jRY&NR=1

Check the reviews on Amazon. Breville has been really spotty in my experience--Either their stuff is really good, or it's utter shiite. This thing looks way too "gadgety", to my eye. You might be happier with a plain electric kettle, and a teapot, to be quite honest.

I use a French Press, brew 4 minutes and your loose tea is ready and hot.

That is a good tip Murph thanks. Was thinking about trying out a percolator., but a French press sounds even better.

Kirk, yeah I was not planning on buying one, just liked it for all its gadgets.

I use a French Press, brew 4 minutes and your loose tea is ready and hot.

I took no end of s*it on this forum for using a French Press, and you should have been here when I served coffee to Zipperhead and Harold Jones (Made in a French Press/Jamaican Blue Mtn)

I've found some nice deep sieves which work very well in a cup.

For larger amounts there is the "mono" teapot.

Marsupials obviously belong to down under.

Americans.....throwing away tea since 1775. Tea in the US is quite tragic and generally misunderstood.

French presses are for coffee.....not sodding tea.

You do not use scalding hot water for tea.

Tea does NOT come in a bag always.

You do not put fruit and funny oils on tea to 'improve' them.

There is no instant tea.

Americans.....throwing away tea since 1775. Tea in the US is quite tragic and generally misunderstood.

There is no instant tea.

"The Ultimate Civilian Tea Brewing Machine" a microwave oven, a mug filled with water and bag, tea, single-use, various flavours but usually Earl Grey.

I concur.

5-6 cups a day...more on weekends.

Our microwave gets used more for making hot Earl Grey tea than everything else combined.

Another good winter afternoon hot drink is mulled apple cider. There is an Amish store a short distance away that sells fresh Amish cider and seperate mulling spices that can go into one of those little, loose-leaf tea containers. About a teaspoon worth of spice in a mug of hot cider, wait about 5 minutes and something good hits the tongue.

Guest Jason L

There is no instant tea.

I find a french press more convenient than strainers or a teapot with some sort of steeping contraction. Comes out to the same damn thing.

Another good winter afternoon hot drink is mulled apple cider. There is an Amish store a short distance away that sells fresh Amish cider and seperate mulling spices that can go into one of those little, loose-leaf tea containers. About a teaspoon worth of spice in a mug of hot cider, wait about 5 minutes and something good hits the tongue.

One of the things I miss from my childhood. My mother would make it in the fall complete with her own mulled spice recipe.

One of the things I miss from my childhood. My mother would make it in the fall complete with her own mulled spice recipe.

And like a good son, you didn't get the recipe.