Command: Air/naval Warfare

Sardaukar

DOWNLOADED AND INSTALLED!

Stupid thing called "work," "deadlines," and "priorities" are getting in the way!

Must rush home later in the day to play first game of C:MANW....

Yes, thats the main reason why I refuse to buy it. :)

Resistance is futile! ;)

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I finally broke down and bought the game last week. So far I'm impressed. Are there any additional scenario repositories beyond the ones that're available on matrix's website?

It's mainly done by guys on Matrix forums as community scenario packages, But there are usually almost daily additions to scenarios. As far as I know, there are not much other places to get them, unless Steam community has some.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

I am considering this program, and have a question. I ran across the following site yesterday and needed to know, if all the ships it is listing, are in the program?

http://wiki.baloogancampaign.com/index.php/DataShipList

Yes they are and even more. Baloogan has not updated database on his site to latest (it is v. 433 and game uses now 440). Every update adds more stuff, planes, ships weapons etc.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Don't miss couple of new things:

http://www.matrixgames.com/products/589/details/Command:.Northern.Inferno

And also that Official release version of patch 1.09 is out!

Got an itch that needs scratching... Northern Ops is an stand alone game? does it have the same functionalities as the CMANO or is it different?

What I did find is: "Command: Northern Inferno is a stand-alone game that uses the latest version of the Command: Modern Air/Naval Operations (CMANO) engine. It also serves as a DLC for existing CMANO owners."

So, basically it is limited stand-alone game (limited in sense that you don't have access to editor or other scenarios than NI ones) and same time it is DLC for existing CMANO owners.

• 1 month later...

If you havent already bought it, but the 'Brexit now you fixit' scenario. OK I dont often endorse buying scenarios, but 2 different scenarios for £1.99 isnt bad. And even better it finally shows how difficult it is to fight in an A2AD system. Very good fun, and frankly just a BIT disturbing how the NATO airforces in the region get so rapidly chewed up.

It does tend to confirm the utility of the F22, otoh, sat on the other side of Europe there is a distinct lack of numbers that can be brought to bear due to distance. It highlights the fairly evident problem thinking about it, how can it refuel and rearm with its new weapons when they would have to be flown in from the other side of Europe also?

It does raise a number of interesting questions about defending Eastern Europe, and also a hell of a lot of fun. Im all for giving the Russians some T50s so they can really let their hair down. :D