A Good Read

Rick

Guest Jason L

I actually got a copy of that book from basic, they were giving away a bunch of those sorts of books for free at church. Only read a little bit but it seemed interesting for the genre.

Now that's damning with faint praise :D

The reviews I've read suggest that much of the arguments crux on parroting C.S. Lewis. Oy.

Edited by Jason L

It isn't going to be converting anyone with logic, it is largely preaching to the choir (literally)

It is argued as an argument for why there is a God and why he's the Christian, the evangelical American Christian God more specifically.

The logic is hardly rigorous, but slightly better than the usual stuff you read/hear from "Christian-Scientists" with some reasonable philosophical arguments.

But the logic of it all is nowhere near as good as it seems to think it is.

Not a bad book by any means, but probably not something I would recommend someone read - either you're already a believer in which case it is telling you to suck eggs - you're a fairly died in the wool athiest or militantly apathetic about religion in which case you won't care - you're a lapsed or wavering Christian in which it might have some influence, but unlikely as the arguments and logic aren't that strong.

If you do believe its irrelevant, if you want to believe it might nudge you depending on how much you want to believe, if you don't believe its unlikely to change anything.

It is argued as an argument for why there is a God and why he's the Christian, the evangelical American Christian God more specifically.
Aslan? :blink:

Keller makes a basically good case on why a "religion", started by one "man" prospered and multiplied to different locations and cultures across the world. And continues to do so.