Who Am I? Let Us Know, It Helps You Post Elsewhere

T19

Let us know a little about yourself, your likes, backround, what attracted you to Tanknet

This is the area you new guys can post to get your Crunchie Rank, and be allowed to post elsewhere

You need 5 posts to get your new rank, good luck and see you soon

Hi guys,

Im new here play nice! Im currently a Chally 2 crewman hence the name :P Been cutting about the forum for a few days and thought i might join as there seems to be a lot of knowledge and information about and hopefully i can learn a bit or even pass on something :)

Anyway enough of that

cheers

Excellent, I hope the demise of the CR2 is more rumour than reality?

Reality i'm afraid, with 12 regular RAC regiments forming into 9 by 2014 and only 3 staying on MBT theres not alot of hope! Just glad i'll be staying on CR2!

• 4 weeks later...

Welcome to the forum CR2, wish I could play with challengers as much as you get to!

Perhaps MODERATOR (pbuh) could move this thread somewhere with a bit more traffic, maybe merge it with the "who am I and where am I calling from" thread?

• 8 months later...

Evening everybody,

I'm Markus from Germany. My practical experience with AFV is limited to spending a few months in the rear compartment of a Marder AIFV shortly after the end of the Cold War.

I was interested in tanks before and even afterwards, though my interest became more theoretical.

I mainly use to hang out at Navweaps, HPCA, MHQ ...

What brings me to this place? A couple of recent visits to the German tank museum for one thing:

http://img209.imagevenue.com/img.php?image=31961_DSCF0076ROSpak40_122_530lo.JPG

Edited by Markus Becker

Evening everybody,

I'm Markus from Germany. My practical experience with AFV is limited to spending a few months in the rear compartment of a Marder AIFV shortly after the end of the Cold War.

I was interested in tanks before and even afterwards, though my interest became more theoretical.

I mainly use to hang out at Navweaps, HPCA, MHQ ...

What brings me to this place? A couple of recent visits to the German tank museum for one thing:

http://img209.imagevenue.com/img.php?image=31961_DSCF0076ROSpak40_122_530lo.JPG

Yep, Munster. Some of the members went there two years ago. Very nice museum!

Hello

I'm a little french with no AFV experience (little size but unfortunately not little age). My militar travel sent me in Tahiti with Infanterie de Marine in 1974 but my father was tank leader in a Sherman in 1949 and he gave me the tankmania.

My preferences go to Cold war and french and american armors.

• 1 month later...

Hello, I'm John, and i'm nobody special. I have lots of interests, Computers, Military History, Photography, Astronomy and I enjoy the content here enough to sign up. Thanks for a great forum.

Hi, I was harraunged to join this forum by a friend, since I have a love of Armor, been doing a bit of research on the 740th in WWII, and play a fair bit of Armored Companies in Flames of War.
I'd also like to note I'm a former US Army helicopter engine guy, and am currently working in the airline industry.

• 2 weeks later...

A blast from the past, that's me. Can still remember one of my first posts about how great the T34 was which apparently provoked Claus B to absolutely demolish me and my puny points. Went through the Sherman days, who could forget those, the Tony Colvin days which encouraged me to research WW1 and conclude that it was not the Germans who advanced warfare but really the Western Allies. What stands out though is the understanding King Sargent had, not Merrican centric which is unusual in itself, but a universal and logical understanding of warfare and it's personnel. Didn't really find that exceptional then. Now, not so sure.

• 11 months later...
  • 7 years later...

Hello everyone, I've been visiting this sight since 2009 but never joined till now. Now that I've retired I have enough time on my hands to post on this site. My interest in military things dates back to the 80's. Living 15 minutes from McGuire AFB, Fort Dix, and Lakehurst Naval Airstation (yes were the Hindenburg burned and crashed) I saw all kinds of jets and helicopters flying about. Yearly Airshows and watching A10 gun runs at Warren Grove Air Range (also only 30 miles away) would greatly feed that interest. I started out as a tank nut but quickly grew into all military matters (Air Force, Navy, Marines, Military history , current events, etc) both nationally and internationally.

• 2 months later...

Hi everyone, long time lurker, love the forum, have finally a break in work and can start hopefully interacting properly. Likes military history, central and east european history (specific Czechoslovak and Romanian), the Russian revolution (my great grandad fought in it hence my interest). Also into Arthurian post Roman Britain, standing stones and general wierdness and forteana.

Never been in the military but come from a military family a couple of generations removed.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Here for research it's part of what I do.  Trying to be more productive with posts that matter. Have real combatives experience.

Why is there a hand over my user pic, does it have something to do with crunchy points?

• 2 months later...

I seem to have neglected this piece of forum etiquette, sorry folks.

I served in a tank regiment of the British army, I left to work in the nhs where I was involved in acute medical services and operating theatres.  I volunteered for Op Granby which was an appaling example of how to run a war.

I have an interest in tanks mainly but if it has tech in it somewhere I am into it.

A side interest in paper and card modeling which used to be much cheaper than plastic but still has some advantages.

2 hours ago, Mike1158 said:

I seem to have neglected this piece of forum etiquette, sorry folks.

I served in a tank regiment of the British army, I left to work in the nhs where I was involved in acute medical services and operating theatres.  I volunteered for Op Granby which was an appaling example of how to run a war.

I have an interest in tanks mainly but if it has tech in it somewhere I am into it.

A side interest in paper and card modeling which used to be much cheaper than plastic but still has some advantages.

Welcome!

• 4 weeks later...

Hello guys. I am interested in modern and contemporary history and I have been reading the website sporadically for some time, but the Russo-Ukrainian war brought me here almost everyday to read your interesting insights and takes to improve my understanding of what was and still is happening on the field.

• 2 months later...