tanknet.org

Who Am I? Let Us Know, It Helps You Post Elsewhere

Let us know a little about yourself, your likes, backround, what attracted you to Tanknet

This is the area you new guys can post to get your Crunchie Rank, and be allowed to post elsewhere

You need 5 posts to get your new rank, good luck and see you soon

Hi guys,

Im new here play nice! Im currently a Chally 2 crewman hence the name :P Been cutting about the forum for a few days and thought i might join as there seems to be a lot of knowledge and information about and hopefully i can learn a bit or even pass on something :)

Anyway enough of that

cheers

• 4 weeks later...

Welcome to the forum CR2, wish I could play with challengers as much as you get to!

Perhaps MODERATOR (pbuh) could move this thread somewhere with a bit more traffic, maybe merge it with the "who am I and where am I calling from" thread?

• 8 months later...

Evening everybody,

I'm Markus from Germany. My practical experience with AFV is limited to spending a few months in the rear compartment of a Marder AIFV shortly after the end of the Cold War.

I was interested in tanks before and even afterwards, though my interest became more theoretical.

I mainly use to hang out at Navweaps, HPCA, MHQ ...

What brings me to this place? A couple of recent visits to the German tank museum for one thing:

http://img209.imagevenue.com/img.php?image=31961_DSCF0076ROSpak40_122_530lo.JPG

Edited by Markus Becker

Evening everybody,

I'm Markus from Germany. My practical experience with AFV is limited to spending a few months in the rear compartment of a Marder AIFV shortly after the end of the Cold War.

I was interested in tanks before and even afterwards, though my interest became more theoretical.

I mainly use to hang out at Navweaps, HPCA, MHQ ...

What brings me to this place? A couple of recent visits to the German tank museum for one thing:

http://img209.imagevenue.com/img.php?image=31961_DSCF0076ROSpak40_122_530lo.JPG

Yep, Munster. Some of the members went there two years ago. Very nice museum!

Hello

I'm a little french with no AFV experience (little size but unfortunately not little age). My militar travel sent me in Tahiti with Infanterie de Marine in 1974 but my father was tank leader in a Sherman in 1949 and he gave me the tankmania.

My preferences go to Cold war and french and american armors.

• 1 month later...

Hello, I'm John, and i'm nobody special. I have lots of interests, Computers, Military History, Photography, Astronomy and I enjoy the content here enough to sign up. Thanks for a great forum.

Hi, I was harraunged to join this forum by a friend, since I have a love of Armor, been doing a bit of research on the 740th in WWII, and play a fair bit of Armored Companies in Flames of War.
I'd also like to note I'm a former US Army helicopter engine guy, and am currently working in the airline industry.

• 2 weeks later...

A blast from the past, that's me. Can still remember one of my first posts about how great the T34 was which apparently provoked Claus B to absolutely demolish me and my puny points. Went through the Sherman days, who could forget those, the Tony Colvin days which encouraged me to research WW1 and conclude that it was not the Germans who advanced warfare but really the Western Allies. What stands out though is the understanding King Sargent had, not Merrican centric which is unusual in itself, but a universal and logical understanding of warfare and it's personnel. Didn't really find that exceptional then. Now, not so sure.

• 11 months later...