Girls Und Panzer

pikachu

Exel, that's not all that bad. After all, if you had a nice, polite and demure wife who had access to a panzer and 4 other friends to help her run it and fight it, would YOU treat her like anything but a queen or princess?

If that's not the epitome of speak softly and carry a big stick, I don't know what is....

Oh I'd marry a tanker girl in a heartbeat. Girl has to have an attitude. ;)

• Replies 827
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Its clearly not be taken serious, but isnt there just something a LITTLE disturbing about big panzer parades and youngsters being forced to wear fascist uniforms? I mean Battle Royale got away with what it did because it was trying to make a point about totalitarianism. This smacks a little of the 4th Reich.

Alright, its japanese manga, its not to be taken seriously and Im not trying to be precious about it. But when you get down to it its airbrushing events to be 'cute' which frankly is not something WW2 could be described as.

One might also wonder if it's purely accidental that the American M3 Lee is painted cute pink while the German StuG is a Jap samurai tank and the PzIV has retained its original paint scheme. :P

Quite so, they are mocking the Americans sexual orientation. And this from a nation thats formed an unhealthy attachment to tentacle sex. :blink:

40 foot tall robots crewed by 18-40 year old schoolgirls, you know what, I can see the attraction. WW2 tanks which were decidedly nasty things to die in, I dont get it. But there we are. :huh:

You guys are overthinking it. :P The M3 Lee turned pink because it has the highest concentration of teenage girls inside. The Pz IV is actually the girliest inside by end of ep. 3. The crew brought in cute cushions, a pink curtain, several stuffed animals, and IIRC a tea party set. The driver's section has been modified to serve as dressing room for sleepyhead driver Mako. The way the tanks are crewed:

- Pz 38(t): student council, hence the snobbish gold paint.

- Type-89: (ex-)volleyball team, complete with sports slogans outside.

- StuG III: war history buffs.

- M3 Lee: believe it or not, the school's student librarians - so far proven to be the most incompetent crew in the club.

- Pz IV: "normal" girls, incidentally also the only experienced tank commander in the entire school.

This may be the cutest tank battle ever, but I'm sure WoT tankers will find it nostalgic: :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kABnaeax-_A

After watching ep 3 I'm now convinced Wargaming should adopt Girls und Panzer as their noob tutorial.

Edited by pikachu

You guys are overthinking it. :P The M3 Lee turned pink because it has the highest concentration of teenage girls inside. The Pz IV is actually the girliest inside by end of ep. 3. The crew brought in cute cushions, a pink curtain, several stuffed animals, and IIRC a tea party set. The driver's section has been modified to serve as dressing room for sleepyhead driver Mako. The way the tanks are crewed:

Oh, great. now imagine you are the platoon leader of tanks where the entire crew has synchronized their cycles and you have to lead vehicle(s) that have PMS gushing out of every hatch. Disciplinary challenge anyone? If you counsel one crewperson, you have to take them all on.

I was impressed they tried hard to make the interior scenes fairly accurate and the kicking of the driver to pass commands is historically accurate.

I like how they mention Finland in an introduction to the StuG...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vPfOaxjI808&feature=player_detailpage

Only minor historical error is that the StuG was only used in the Continuation War that started in 1941, not in the Winter War of 1939. But I'll forgive them that just for mentioning Finnish StuGs in the first place! :D

Edited by Exel

I want this as a logo in WoT

It looks interesting so far, if a little lighter on tank Vs tank than I hoped (WoT can do a whole battle in 15 mins, yet this takes 22mins for half of one?). I look forward to finding out WTF they are on a giant aircraft carrier. The translation I found is a bit funny at times:

Treads are fine, wherever they might be :P

Also, is it just me or is Saori kind of like a teenage human pinkie pie? Seriously, compare and contrast:

Edited by Max H

40 foot tall robots crewed by 18-40 year old schoolgirls, you know what, I can see the attraction. WW2 tanks which were decidedly nasty things to die in, I dont get it. But there we are. :huh:

Robots, tanks and anything remotely mechanical is a horrible place for a female to die in. Especially when it depends on just how misogynistic the director and/or writer is.

Jeez, I wonder if there are any females invovled in that panzer fetish at all. Those high pitches voices probably are some Alvin and the Chipmunk thing.

Hey! I saw a Pz IV Fibel in one of those clips. Where did they find that?

Edited by Mobius

This is so #$%&*@# weird that I don't know where to start.

The west still has a long way to go to catch up to Japan in terms of weird. Can we allow a weirdness gap?

When the west 'catches up' then it will no longer be weird....

anyway, the weirdest thing out of Japan in the last 12 months was:

Japanese Artist Cooks and Serves His Own Genitals (NSFW)

http://blogs.phoenixnewtimes.com/bella/2012/05/japanese_artist_cooks_and_serv.php

This is so #$%&*@# weird that I don't know where to start.

The west still has a long way to go to catch up to Japan in terms of weird. Can we allow a weirdness gap?

anyway, the weirdest thing out of Japan in the last 12 months was:

Japanese Artist Cooks and Serves His Own Genitals (NSFW)

http://blogs.phoenix...ks_and_serv.php

Oh, the Japanese don't have ANYTHING on the Germans in that regard.

http://www.fullspate.net/archive/cannibal.html

Not just the Germans, even though this Australian woman cut the victim up and served him, she could not stomach him....:

from

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Katherine_Knight

Price's autopsy revealed that he had been stabbed at least 37 times, in both the front and back of his body with many of the wounds extending into vital organs. Several hours after Price had died, Knight skinned him and hung the skin from a meat hook on the architrave of a door to the lounge room.[4] She then decapitated him and cooked parts of his body, serving up the meat with baked potato, pumpkin, zucchini, cabbage, yellow squash and gravy in two settings at the dinner table, along with notes beside each plate, each having the name of one of Price's children on it; she was preparing to serve his body parts to his children.[5] A third meal was thrown on the back lawn for unknown reasons and it is speculated Knight had attempted to eat it but could not and this has been put forward in support of her claim that she has no memory of the crime. Price's head was found in a pot with vegetables. The pot was still warm, estimated to be at between 40 and 50 degrees Celsius, indicating that the cooking had taken place in the early morning.

No, it would still be weird, just not differentiable from Japan weird. But this is all impossible as Japan will always out-weird us. It's a national past-time.

The lack of a M18 Hellcat somewhere suggests to me that these girls do not have proper tastes in armor.