Windows 8 - Microsoft Does It Again (Groan)

Ivanhoe

Oh look! Surface Pro sold out within hours of release!!

Then you go on ebay and find a ton still unopened, obviously all bought to be sold with $200-300 profit. Sadly there are enough suckers who will pay the premium for whatever reason.

And like I expected, several months later you can find it on ebay $150+ cheaper than the MS store. But now it's June and rumors for 2.0 are getting more and more solid. I will likely wait. Though I might get something like an Iconia W3 in the meantime.

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So you haven't found it......

I don't know where it is in any windows OS since.... 98? :)

Traitor! Apostate! Infidel! How dare you not tithe to the Holy City in Redmond?!?

I have one issue I have yet to resolve. Has anyone else had problems with custom background pictures not keeping the format? I want to have my background in "fit" mode so the ratios are kept but windows 8 keeps changing it to "stretch" each time I log on. I don't know if it has to do with that I'm using several monitors on my laptop in a dock but it's a bit annoying seing my bike with oval wheels :)

/R

There are fairly persistent rumors that Windows 9 is planned for release in late 2014, and will be a cheapie upgrade to Win8. The only rumored change that sounds believable is that Win9 will boot directly to the desktop. But that's not even remotely enough to justify a new product number and whole new marketing campaign. I just wish they would fix IE10, it has really gotten bad.

I have one issue I have yet to resolve. Has anyone else had problems with custom background pictures not keeping the format? I want to have my background in "fit" mode so the ratios are kept but windows 8 keeps changing it to "stretch" each time I log on. I don't know if it has to do with that I'm using several monitors on my laptop in a dock but it's a bit annoying seing my bike with oval wheels :)

/R

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LgbWu8zJubo

Edited by Ivanhoe

/R

I have no clue, check here: http://www.eightforums.com/

• 2 weeks later...

Yeah the "New" start button takes you back to the G_dD@mmed mobile phone b*llsh*t. No boot to desktop, so no Windows 8 for me. Looks like the new laptop will be formatted and loaded with PC-BSD instead of Windows metro crap.

Yeah the "New" start button takes you back to the G_dD@mmed mobile phone b*llsh*t. No boot to desktop, so no Windows 8 for me. Looks like the new laptop will be formatted and loaded with PC-BSD instead of Windows metro crap.

Once again, Classic Shell will let you start to desktop. And it's free. ;)