Tanknet Fantasy Football League 2012

Rocky Davis

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks, Juan! All we need is for BP to register. I will delay the draft until tomorrow noon (local time) - 21.5 hours from now to allow you both to register and select "Keepers" from your last year's roster that you want to have on your team this year and make them immune from being drafted. 21.5 hours from now (Noon CDT), we draft.

Thanks, Juan! All we need is for BP to register. I will delay the draft until tomorrow noon (local time) - 21.5 hours from now to allow you both to register and select "Keepers" from your last year's roster that you want to have on your team this year and make them immune from being drafted. 21.5 hours from now (Noon CDT), we draft.

Thanks, Rocky. I am all registered.

I don't think we can select keepers, can we? The 2011 rosters aren't available.

I know now why - when you were both originally sent invitations to join, and you had both been a member of the league last year, you had a link between this year and last year (as a returning member). When Elliot could not get his wife in the league a week or so ago, it turned out that it had reserved league spots for all in the league last year and sent him a message that his wife could not join because there were too many teams in the league. So, in order to make room for new entries, I had to cancel invites from last year that had not yet responded (like Juan and BP - whom I felt had decided not to play by not signing up). Doing that allowed room for Elliot to get his wife in, but it also did away with your connections with last year's team roster (treating you as a first timer). That's my fault and it cannot be undone (I've checked). I had to make a leader's decision at the time and live with the results. Since that is the case, that each of you will get brand new teams, I will go ahead and draft tonight as previously planned.

Draft is in 8 hours and 45 minutes. Feel free to tweak your pre-draft player rankings.

Edited by Rocky Davis

Draft was last night. All teams now have players. Feel free to tweak your rosters. Firt game is Wednesday (Dallas at New York Giants), so if you plan on playing one of your team members that is either a Cowboy or a Giant, you had best get that person in your lineup by evening next Wednesday.

I'm a Cowboys fan, but this year I decided that Romo was not going to be in my fantasy team. Too much heartbreak and meltdowns over the last couple of years to justify keeping him. How does he reward me? By having a pretty good game against the Giants and having my new QB (Eli) choke. I've never been more conflicted!!

Statistically, he had a fantastic year last year, but the Cowboys lost mainly due to an offensive line that could not protect Romo or create running lanes for running backs, untimely and costly injuries, inability for the defense to create turnovers or sack the opposing QB.

I did pick up DeMarco Murray, who was doing great last year until he broke his ankle and was out for the season. He had about 130 yards rushing last night, but no scores.

Edited to add:

Look for somebody in the TNFFL to pick up Dallas' Ogletree very quickly.

Also, Eli will win games for the Giants, but he will not rack up spectacular Fantasy Football numbers like Aaron Rogers, Michael Vick etc. who can (and will) routinely have their team scoring above 30 points with 4 or 5 TD passes.

Edited by Rocky Davis

I'm a Cowboys fan, but this year I decided that Romo was not going to be in my fantasy team. Too much heartbreak and meltdowns over the last couple of years to justify keeping him. How does he reward me? By having a pretty good game against the Giants and having my new QB (Eli) choke. I've never been more conflicted!!

I am open to trading Romo. I had Eli last year. I'd roll with him again. I hate both the Qb's I got autodrafted. Both born losers.

Thanks but no thanks! The lesson from the last couple of seasons has sunk in: sooner or later Romo will implode. If he doesn't I'll celebrate as a cowboys fan, and it'll make losing in fantasy football easier.

Eli is a winner. I wanna keep him ;)

I am open to trading Romo. I had Eli last year. I'd roll with him again. I hate both the Qb's I got autodrafted. Both born losers.

OK - you've got my interest. I am interested in losing one old QB that is immobile and whose offensive line is also old and pourous causing that old QB intense pain each and every game. But, every now and then, they'll play a patsy and he'll look better than Tom Brady. He is "The Rapist" (Big Ben of Pitt). If you are interested in getting him from me in a trade, let me know.

Eli Manning,

Elite QB in the 4th quarter. Guy goes from like 8 fantasy points to over 30 in 7 minutes.......he is going to do it all year. Top 5 fantasy qb this year mark my words. I had Cam newton and Eli last year was a great problem to have.

One of my starting players was listed as "questionable" right up to kickoff time. Then, the Yahoo FFL news said he was playing, so I kept him in the starting lineup - and he didn't play (0 points). However, I still managed to get a little over 110 points this week . . . but that's not enough to beat an opponent that racked up 151 points!

Vick played for me yesterday and (once again) had a horrible game (two fumbles). But, my opponent had Romo, who threw one INT and also fumbled twice to even things up between us.

Lol yeah the famous Romo melt down..........Lucky I benched charles since he was a bum the last two weeks. Decided to score 30 this week.

Well, Romo faced what is undoubtedly one of the best defensive fronts in the NFL with a makeshift offensive line that, when it wasn't getting called for false starts, was allowing defensive players in easily to hammer him.