Tanknet Fantasy Football League 2012

Rocky Davis

Damn no live draft?

Sorry - no. This is a purely fun league. It does make things challenging, though. Last year, automatic draft gave me Peyton manning as my QB (I was thrilled), but it was about the time where everybody (including Peyton) has decided his neck surgeries would keep him out for the season. I was handicapped from the start, but hey . . . the effort to overcome the inital team handicap was interesting!

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Elliot and Tony - you have invitations sent to you and (Elliot) your first-time player. If you have any problems registering, let me know and I will try to figure out what the glitch is.

We've still only got six teams registered as of now. Elliot's guest has not yet registered and neither has Justin (I think).

Draft is set for 24 August. Until then, team mangers have the opportunity to somewhat control their automatic draft destinies by massaging the player list and their current rankings (marking players as "keepers" or as "duds").

First NFL game is Wednesday night, 5 SEP between the NY Giants and Dallas Cowboys.

If anybody else wants to join in before the 24th, please do so soon.

http://football.fantasysports.yahoo.com/f1/register/joinleague?.scrumb=

League ID Link: (Tanknet):

http://football.fantasysports.yahoo.com/f1/433507

Link ID League number: 433507

Password: adamrules

Edited by Rocky Davis

I'm in.

Thanks, Dwight! We will have 8 teams as soon as Elliot's guest registers. My wife has a team (Bad Boys), but for some reason, she couldn't register under her own name, So, I entered another team for her (under my name). She knows football.

We've got five days until draft. Let me work on i.

Adam . . . have you had this problem before, and if so, how did you overcome it? Sorry . . . my first time being Commish . . .

Elliot probably can't look due to cache issues. Why it says the league is full is beyond my capabilities. You haven't locked it, have you?

Not at all. I'll have to check and see what is going on when I get home from work later today. Yahoo sports is blocked here at work.

The league is not locked.

Elliot - try this (I did this for my wife that was haaving technical difficulties creating her own team) . . . see if you can register another team in your name and make it her team in reality. Let me know how it comes out.

Draft day is Friday. We will be unable to draft unless we have an even number of teams. If I can't get eight teams before I go to bed Thursday, I'll remove my own team and help my wife with her team in a league of six. Don't want to do that, but it may come down to that.

Edited by Rocky Davis

I tried that too. This is the error code I get:

There was a problem

• There is not room in this league if all teams from last year return. If you were invited to take over an existing team, please click the link in the email you received to join the league. To create a brand new team, get the commissioner to increase the maximum number of teams, or remove teams that will not be returning. (Error #638)

That's too early to draft. Final cuts aren't until the Sunday before the first game, September 6th.

I've been unsuccessfully trying to find the tool that allows me to change the draft date.

Elliot, part of the problem I'm having is that the league and all Yahoo Sports is blocked on the work computer. So, I can only work on things after I get home from work (which doesn't leave much time to do anything).

I'll have to try again when I get home from work in about 13 hours or so. I'm new at this.

I tried that too. This is the error code I get:

There was a problem

• There is not room in this league if all teams from last year return. If you were invited to take over an existing team, please click the link in the email you received to join the league. To create a brand new team, get the commissioner to increase the maximum number of teams, or remove teams that will not be returning. (Error #638)

Have Lynne try again today. I changed some settings on league size that should allow her to join.

Now, I've just got to try and figure out how to move the draft date.

We have 8 teams now!

We can now draft. I have tried to delay the draft until Sunday, 2SEP. But, being that this is my first time as Commish, I am not sure I have done that properly. Prepare for a draft tomorrow (late) and we'll see what happens. There is a Commissioner's tool to do away with the draft and redo it (ace in the hole tool). We'll see. I will contact all of you probably Saturday AM with a satus report. Until then, you can use the features to massage your automatic draft choices somewhat, and give you a little bit of control over its outcome.

Well, I woke up this morning and none of the teams had players, so I guess I successfully delayed the draft for a week.

Continue to tweak your draft preferences until the draft and, if you had a team last year and you have players on that roster that you want to keep on your team this year, tag those players as being Keepers and they will remain on your team this year and will be immune from being drafted by another team this year.

Edited by Rocky Davis

Do you have an even # of teams?

Calling Juan Sosa - Manger of those Miami Matadors!

BP is rethinking his decision not to play FFL this year, but if you decided (today) to play again, I can get you both in and we'll have ten teams. Will you do it?

Sorry, I missed the topic as it is pinned and my eyes seems to filter pinned topics by default! Thanks for the heads up via IM Rocky. I'm registering ASAP.

EDIT: Wont let me register access the league since I'm not in it. I assume that Rocky needs to add my team and that's what he meant in the IM.

Edited by Juan Sosa

Do you have an even # of teams?

BP - Juan is joining. If you both register today, we'll have ten teams! Juan, BP - let's get those teams registered ASAP and let me know when it's done!

http://football.fantasysports.yahoo.com/f1/register/joinleague?.scrumb=

League ID Link: (Tanknet):

http://football.fantasysports.yahoo.com/f1/433507

Link ID League number: 433507

Password: adamrules

Edited by Rocky Davis