• Murph

• Mr King

• rmgill

• Ivanhoe

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Akstually there is a neutral gender in Spanish but that is a minor nitpick

California Bans Spanish Over Nouns Having Only Two Gender Options

SACRAMENTO, CA — The state of California has officially outlawed speaking Spanish over the language's bigoted use of exclusively masculine or feminine nouns.

"The entire Spanish language is literally transphobic hate speech," explained Governor Gavin Newsom. "Hate has no home here."

According to sources, Governor Newsom discovered the Spanish language's use of gendered terminology when attempting to learn how to accuse his housekeeper of stealing his Airpods. "I was absolutely sickened to discover that the entire language is built around words being gendered as either male or female," said Mr. Newsom. "Not only did Juanita steal my Airpods, she insisted on speaking this intolerant language in my home! Adiós, Anita! Now if you'll excuse me, I'm off to find a new Latinx housekeeper who will never speak Spanish in my presence."

https://babylonbee.com/news/california-bans-spanish-over-nouns-having-only-two-gender-options?utm_source=The Babylon Bee Newsletter&utm_medium=email

Edited by sunday

1 hour ago, sunday said:

I am disappointed that this is the Babylon Bee ……. I truly thought it was real given some of the completely insane legislation we’ve been seeing lately, such as a proposed law in Michigan making ‘misgendering’ someone a felony carrying a prison sentence of up to 5 years…..

Just now, LT Ducky said:

I am disappointed that this is the Babylon Bee ……. I truly thought it was real given some of the completely insane legislation we’ve been seeing lately, such as a proposed law in Michigan making ‘misgendering’ someone a felony carrying a prison sentence of up to 5 years…..

Well, there have been attempts to make the Spanish language politically correct, but synonym-related ridicule bested them.

6 minutes ago, LT Ducky said:

Patience Grasshoppa. 

2 hours ago, LT Ducky said:

I hadn't heard of that Michigan law.  Looking it up right now it appears that law was actually trying to bring hate crime laws up to date so everyone on the LGBT+ etc. spectrum was covered.  That seems... entirely likely.  The reason being the wording used could, in theory, be abused to do more than the original intent.

It seems no different than laws passed in some R-controlled states (such as OK and FL) which impacted what can be taught in classrooms.  Teachers complained they couldn't actually teach history.  Critics say they were overreacting.  I saw the actual line in the OK law that had teachers upset.  It said something to the effect of "nothing can be said in class that will make a student feel uncomfortable due to their race..."  When I first saw this I blew it off in part because I had heard what drove these laws (preventing some activist teacher getting up in front of students and telling them all problems are because of white people, yadda yadda).  However... given how our court system works... what if a white student was in class in OK and learning about the Tulsa race massacre for the first time... and what if that made them feel like shit?  If they told their parents... do those parents have a right to protest to the school?

Given how vague our laws can be and how lawyers are effectively paid to milk as much out of some laws as possible... do all these laws need to be revoked or do folks just need to relax?  I'm torn on it... because I've heard some reports that in OK at least some schools have already been hit using their law for doing nothing more than teaching history.  Maybe we need to go back and revoke all of these til they can be made more clear and less fungible. 

Edited by Skywalkre

2 hours ago, LT Ducky said:

The actual law criminalizes threats and harassment, not misgendering.  That it mens using the wrong pronouns is an interpretation made by right-wing hedline writers looking to get people ridsong the outrage bus and clicking on their stories.  It'd no different from when the left wing press claimed trump wanted people to inject bleach or said White Supremacists were fine people.

There's already laws for real threats and actual harassment, this is just about making yet another group of freaks another bullshit special class to be weaponized against actual Americans.  Arbitrary and capricious, as per subversive SOP.  S/F....Ken M  

On legal interpretation, where does the rule of laity come in? That certainly didn’t seem to manifest in the Sackett case. A ditch is a navigable waterway that the ACoE has jurisdiction over. 

Sam Houston State University, the university which has some of the best police training I have ever attended has now jumped the shark with a degree in Victim Studies, or how to be a professional victim.  https://pjmedia.com/news-and-politics/catherinesalgado/2023/07/17/yes-really-texas-university-offers-degrees-in-victim-studies-n1711315

https://campusreform.org/article?id=23596

Are you a college student who is disappointed that victimhood isn’t being sufficiently weaponized in your classes? Are you angry that there simply isn’t enough grievance-mongering on campus?  Fall 2023 could be your lucky semester!

Sam Houston State University (SHSU), a public institution about an hour outside of Houston, Texas, recently unveiled its new “Department of Victim Studies.” Students wishing to pursue a degree in this “field” have two options at Sam Houston State: a Master of Science degree in Victim Services Management and a Bachelor of Science degree in Victim Studies. With courses ranging from “Child Abuse and Neglect,” to “Family Violence,” to “Victim Service Delivery,” the degrees aim to prepare students for work as “victim coordinators” in the courts or as “advocates in domestic violence, rape crisis, human trafficking and anti-drunk driving organizations.”

In creating these degrees (which SHSU boasts as being among the first of their kind in the nation), the school has brought an old joke about academia to life. For decades, people have criticized higher education by joking that students are “majoring in grievance studies” or “studying victimhood.” The fact that such programs now actually exist is a sign that the ideological descent of our universities still isn’t complete.

2 hours ago, Murph said:

Sam Houston State University, the university which has some of the best police training I have ever attended has now jumped the shark with a degree in Victim Studies, or how to be a professional victim.  https://pjmedia.com/news-and-politics/catherinesalgado/2023/07/17/yes-really-texas-university-offers-degrees-in-victim-studies-n1711315

https://campusreform.org/article?id=23596

Are you a college student who is disappointed that victimhood isn’t being sufficiently weaponized in your classes? Are you angry that there simply isn’t enough grievance-mongering on campus?  Fall 2023 could be your lucky semester!

Sam Houston State University (SHSU), a public institution about an hour outside of Houston, Texas, recently unveiled its new “Department of Victim Studies.” Students wishing to pursue a degree in this “field” have two options at Sam Houston State: a Master of Science degree in Victim Services Management and a Bachelor of Science degree in Victim Studies. With courses ranging from “Child Abuse and Neglect,” to “Family Violence,” to “Victim Service Delivery,” the degrees aim to prepare students for work as “victim coordinators” in the courts or as “advocates in domestic violence, rape crisis, human trafficking and anti-drunk driving organizations.”

In creating these degrees (which SHSU boasts as being among the first of their kind in the nation), the school has brought an old joke about academia to life. For decades, people have criticized higher education by joking that students are “majoring in grievance studies” or “studying victimhood.” The fact that such programs now actually exist is a sign that the ideological descent of our universities still isn’t complete.

It looks as if the course is intended to teach people how to help actual victims of crimes rather than create so-called victims of Western civilization.

2 hours ago, Murph said:

If you drill deep down, it says that, but a deeper reading shows its real intent.

And what exactly have you found drilling deep down?

2 hours ago, Murph said:

That it is run by lefty academics, and will further keep the "professional victim class" relevant.  Read the article by the professor.

A screed from a conservative activist at a different university who has no actual knowledge of the program.  He started with a conclusion and presented no evidence to support his case.

Perhaps. but he sounds like he knows what he referencing, being in academia. The problem is the left has made it so bad that you can pretty much believe anything negative about them these days. The wildest conservative conspiracy theories have turned out to be true. That is the sad part.

Perhaps. but he sounds like he knows what he referencing, being in academia. The problem is the left has made it so bad that you can pretty much believe anything negative about them these days. The wildest conservative conspiracy theories have turned out to be true. That is the sad part.

13 minutes ago, Murph said:

And why should a conservative academic be any more reliable than a liberal one?

https://bayourenaissanceman.blogspot.com/2023/07/the-pizzagate-scandal-sound-of-freedom.html

The Pizzagate scandal, the "Sound of Freedom" movie, and the moral sewer both expose

I'm sure many readers remember the infamous Pizzagate scandal of the mid-two-thousand-teens.  It's been discussed, debunked and derided by the mainstream media for years, but there's a heck of a lot of smoke behind it that indicates there's got to be a fire somewhere.

IM1776 has published a "deep dive" into the Pizzagate scandal that's disturbing in the extreme in many ways - so much so that I'm going to warn you not to read it unless you have a strong stomach, and are prepared to confront some aspects of modern political-urban culture that are deeply distressing to any moral person.  Here's a teaser excerpt, with the nastier bits deliberately left out.

(...)

Some links inside. Disturbing

1 hour ago, R011 said:

And why should a conservative academic be any more reliable than a liberal one?

The only two conservative academics that are not primarily known for religion that I have heard of is Victor Hanson and Jordan Peterson. 

1 hour ago, Rick said:

The only two conservative academics that are not primarily known for religion that I have heard of is Victor Hanson and Jordan Peterson. 

And their arguments tend to be fairly well researched and reasoned.  This gy is juat saying that these courses will be useless because he says they will be without shpowing us the content or giving some other evidence.

2 hours ago, Rick said:

I expect there will be more and more non-religious right wing figures and the people following them. With many churches/relgiious leaders going woke they're going to be regarded as an enemy.

Funny enough every time I've seen his political views brought up Peterson claims he is not conservative/right-wing as defined in America.  In the past he's always stated he was a liberal.  For example his wiki states he "supports universal healthcare, redistribution of wealth towards the poor and the decriminalization of drugs."  Not really the most hardcore far left views (the redistribution of wealth is poorly defined in the linked article and can simply mean he's for taxes and said taxes being used to help the poor) from what I've gathered of Canadian politics.