The Insane Rationalizations, Bigotry And Out Right Hypocrisy Of The Left

Mr King

10 hours ago, Stargrunt6 said:

Ever see old pictures of her? She was actually normal looking and pleasant looking. Cocaine is a helluva drug . . .

Are we talkin' 'about Mayor Beetlejuice?

• Replies 16.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Jeff

• Ivanhoe

• Murph

• Mr King

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

On 6/24/2021 at 11:28 PM, DKTanker said:

Six months ago all you needed was a fur coat and a horned hat.

Funny that. Ben Shapiro made the same obeservation. And ther'es a meme goign around doing the same thing on guns. 

On the one hand, a bunch of disorganized droogs were able to take over the US Capitol building and it was the worst event since the American Civil War. Yet, somehow, none had a firearm among them. On the other hand you need nukes and F15s to take over the US government....

On the firearms angle...

No-one needs a weapon of war on the streets. Yet, at the same time, such weapons of war would be utterly ineffective in fighting a war....

Well, which is it young feller? 
hqdefault.jpg

On 6/26/2021 at 1:46 AM, NickM said:

Are we talkin' 'about Mayor Beetlejuice?

Mayor Groot. 

LIGHTFOOT_120319_01.jpg

screen-4.jpg?fakeurl=1&type=.jpg

I think the fictional superhero was more astute...

To be clear, the background is that in Chicago they are for example..

...constraining streets to expand sidewalks as the existing sidewalks have turned into legally protected homeless camps under bridges. 

...and restricting police from chasing suspects on FOOT in order to prevent them running into traffic or other bad things that happen to criminals when they evade police. 

We are way past the point where we need a separate thread for "The Insane Rationalizations..." for Big Tech;

https://fossbytes.com/apple-is-making-employees-wear-body-cams-to-avoid-leaks/

Apple has reportedly slapped Axon 2 police-grade body cameras onto some of their teams. It is obvious that the sweet confidential leaks get in the hands of leakers through Apple employees.

So the company has decided to stop the leaking right at the source.

On 6/28/2021 at 7:49 PM, rmgill said:

To be clear, the background is that in Chicago they are for example..

...constraining streets to expand sidewalks as the existing sidewalks have turned into legally protected homeless camps under bridges. 

...and restricting police from chasing suspects on FOOT in order to prevent them running into traffic or other bad things that happen to criminals when they evade police. 

So then, JUST so we're clear, Mayor Groot has restricted the Po-Leese from chasing crooks in cars and on foot and also shooting the baddies to stop them. I'm guessing nobody in charge can see the problem with this.

I saw a snide comment on FB along the lines of Chicago being a real-life Call of Duty server.

• 2 weeks later...

Paywalled.

Rep. Clyburn’s false claim that ‘no Democrat’ has opposed voter ID laws.

Clyburn is trying to have his cake and eat it, too. He routinely decries “voter ID” laws, but at the same time he insisted on Fox News that he has never opposed such laws — and that every Democrat has supported them. In reality, he appears to be against many types of voter ID laws — ones that require photos, or a fee for a photo or which favor one voting group over another.

In other words, he’s playing word games. He supposedly is for voter identification but against most of the voter ID laws being adopted by states. Perhaps his contradictory response may be related to the broad support photo ID requirements have in public polling. He appears to want people to think he agrees with the majority even when he is fighting against such laws.

Four Pinocchios

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/2021/07/15/clyburns-false-claim-that-no-democrat-has-opposed-voter-id-laws/

Don't jump to conclusions, maybe they're just hiring a bunch of Glaswegians for flight attendants.

3 hours ago, Ivanhoe said:

Don't jump to conclusions, maybe they're just hiring a bunch of Glaswegians for flight attendants.

That is not a kilt, definitively, and Glaswegians are lowlanders.

8 minutes ago, 17thfabn said:

Please, please, please tell me this is a joke!

A significant portion, some would say most of, male flight attendants are not interested in women already.

Edited by sunday

51 minutes ago, 17thfabn said:

Please, please, please tell me this is a joke!

Or a prank.  This tweet seems to be the only source of the claim.

Edited by R011

On 8/3/2021 at 11:07 AM, Rick said:

Broadly speaking, the author of these points appears to be accurate, but I feel that there is a hint of the old joke about physicists and spherical horses.

Under the general argument of free markets, he includes being paid a wage that is commensurate with the market assessment of the value of that labour, citing the option that an employee has to withdraw labour and go to work for someone else who is offering a higher value if the current employer is undervaluing the work.

Except that this type of free market does not exist unless there is regulation - cartels or monopolies form and without regulation they distort the definition of "freedom" as much as does a single party political system.

In short, government can and does serve a useful purpose in regulating markets that would otherwise not be free.

One can also argue that the (ZOMG, Fascist!) principle of government directed spending influencing a country's corporate capabilities is also desirable - e.g. defence spending locally to ensure sovereign capability.

Also, If I was looking at a laissez-faire argument for government, I wouldn't be keen on using the US healthcare system as a good example, and that's independent of any bias I may be perceived to have towards the NHS.