Top Posters In This Topic

• Murph

• Mr King

• rmgill

• Ivanhoe

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

18 minutes ago, shep854 said:

Scientific American has been sliding Left for quite a while now.

I dropped my subscription a long time ago, even before internet editions was a thing.  Truth in advertising would demand they change their title to "Scientific Anti-American." 

3 hours ago, shep854 said:

Scientific American has been sliding Left for quite a while now.

Kinda like National Geographic has been for quite a while...

More disaster to be laid at Obama's feet.  Any general officer promoted above one star under Obama needs to be gotten rid of since they are liberal apparatchiks who are more interested in teaching the troops about white privilege than in how to fight wars.  https://www.redstate.com/stu-in-sd/2020/09/15/the-adverse-effects-of-obama’s-eo-13583-and-fogo-purge-are-now-obvious/

9 hours ago, Murph said:

More disaster to be laid at Obama's feet.  Any general officer promoted above one star under Obama needs to be gotten rid of since they are liberal apparatchiks who are more interested in teaching the troops about white privilege than in how to fight wars.  https://www.redstate.com/stu-in-sd/2020/09/15/the-adverse-effects-of-obama’s-eo-13583-and-fogo-purge-are-now-obvious/

A few points after reading that.

They talk about the number of FOGO's relieved and call it unprecedented... but never give a figure to compare it to the norm.  So... how many did GW fire?  Clinton?  Bush I, etc.?  Given how bloated our senior ranks are relieving 200 doesn't seem like much.  Given the terrible job many of these contributed to running the wars in Iraq and Afghanistan did we really lose anything?  Also, as all of these officers serve at the whim of the POTUS what has Trump done to address this issue and kick out the bums?  If he hasn't... how are his hands tied?

They talk about this BS training and other measures being implemented.  Shit... almost 20 years ago in the Army I wasted a lot of time in PC BS classes when there was more pertinent training to be had given we were at war.  Also, the focus of that piece is on the USNA.  Maybe some of that training isn't such a bad thing for them considering an article the NYT had a few weeks ago highlighting how rare it is for the USMC to promoted minorities to senior positions (and, given how the USMC seems to be shooting themselves in the foot with recent force restructuring as highlighted in other forums here on TN who they have been promoting to those senior positions clearly aren't the best).

giphy.gif

Minneapolis City Council Complains About Crime Spike Months After Voting To Abolish Police

Three months after voting to dismantle the Minneapolis police department, city council members there spent much of a business meeting on Tuesday complaining about an uptick in violent crime across the city.

Several city council members told police chief Medaria Arradondo at the meeting that their constituents were concerned about increased criminal activity.

In addition to their own choir, the left's tactics have convinced a lot of people who aren't big into politics believing that the facists are already here with intentionally malicious misuse of the Nazi stobor.

With academia, social media, traditional media, and silicon valley already biased to reinforce this, I have no idea what can possibly be done to stop it much less reverse it without validating and reinforcing their delusions.

We're watching our step in front of us without noticing the entire mountainside we're on is starting to slide.

Edited by Burncycle360

1 hour ago, Burncycle360 said:

In addition to their own choir, the left's tactics have convinced a lot of people who aren't big into politics believing that the facists are already here with intentionally malicious misuse of the Nazi stobor.

With academia, social media, traditional media, and silicon valley already biased to reinforce this, I have no idea what can possibly be done to stop it much less reverse it without validating and reinforcing their delusions.

We're watching our step in front of us without noticing the entire mountainside we're on is starting to slide.

Indeed, the idea of "you believe what you want to and I'll believe what I want to and we'll fight it out at the ballot box by the rules" is over. The Left has made it clear they have no intention of holding to that bargain anymore. The last time we were at this point, people started a civil war over "my way or the highway" and regretted it. Everyone regretted it.

1 hour ago, Ssnake said:

Some are. As are some Republicans.

Go ahead, we'll wait.  Post a similar video of a Republican going crazy upon hearing of the death of Antonin Scalia.  Maybe, not betting you will, but maybe you can find a twitter blue check tweeting, "We'll fucking burn this place down if Obama replaces Scalia."

Edited by DKTanker

17 minutes ago, DKTanker said:

Go ahead, we'll wait.  Post a similar video of a Republican going crazy upon hearing of the death of Antonin Scalia.  Maybe, not betting you will, but maybe you can find a twitter blue check tweeting, "We'll fucking burn this place down if Obama replaces Scalia."

Excellent point.  I see no one on the Right doing any of this, only the left.

On 9/17/2020 at 1:26 PM, seahawk said:

The US needs to cleanse the left from power.

On 9/17/2020 at 4:51 PM, Jeff said:

Indeed, the idea of "you believe what you want to and I'll believe what I want to and we'll fight it out at the ballot box by the rules" is over. The Left has made it clear they have no intention of holding to that bargain anymore. The last time we were at this point, people started a civil war over "my way or the highway" and regretted it. Everyone regretted it.

This.  This is part5 of the issue.  It has always been about power.

6 hours ago, Murph said:

Excellent point.  I see no one on the Right doing any of this, only the left.

The way how the madness expresses is different. That doesn't mean that there are no disturbed people among republican voters even if there is clinical evidence that neuroticism is, indeed, more prevalent among liberals, particularly liberal men.