NNNNOooooooooo, I still rock mine. I'm to cheapass to buy real glasses and been procrastinating on getting contacts. I seem to find a set in my stash everytime something bad happens to another pair. Current pair replaced ones that got melted and burnt on one side due to romantic candlefire gone wrong. I popped of the good lense to replace a badly scratched lense on another pair and now rocking it.

Those "BCGs" look fine compared to the black plastic-frame monstrosities I was issued back in '75.

A lens (left, the eye that needs correction--20/100--, my shooting eye: I'm a lefty) fell out the day before we went to the range...I had to shoot right-handed, since my right eye was 20/10. Anyway, when I went to get the new glasses, I was hoping for metal-frame aviator specs.

Boy, was I disappointed...

----

When I saw the topic, I thought it was about Army "Brigade Combat Groups".

Edited by shep854

The DoD could make a profit off selling them to all those hipsters. Just market them as "ironic" and "retro" and the sales are assured. S/F....Ken M

Contract with Apple Computer to sell them as iFrames.

Now that the Army & Marines are cool with combat troops wearing eyepro, one might hope that they'd take the next step and provide eyepro with integral Rx. At the production scale involved, its certainly do-able.

The DoD could make a profit off selling them to all those hipsters. Just market them as "ironic" and "retro" and the sales are assured. S/F....Ken M

Trade mark them. ;)

And jeeze have I seen some glasses on some hipsters.... :mellow:

Contract with Apple Computer to sell them as iFrames.

Now that the Army & Marines are cool with combat troops wearing eyepro, one might hope that they'd take the next step and provide eyepro with integral Rx. At the production scale involved, its certainly do-able.

The Army has been offering PRK for years. Don't need no stinkin' glasses.

Yeah, until you have halos or other problems at night.

Oakley makes Rx eyepro that's ANSI impact rated. Anything requiring more coverage should be a full face riot type shield mounted on the helmet. Which is going to be riot type situations, which ain't .mil business. Savages start throwing piss and shit and rioting, they get lethal force, preferably something ugly and horrific, like flame weapons. S/F....Ken M

Yeah, until you have halos or other problems at night.

Oakley makes Rx eyepro that's ANSI impact rated. Anything requiring more coverage should be a full face riot type shield mounted on the helmet. Which is going to be riot type situations, which ain't .mil business. Savages start throwing piss and shit and rioting, they get lethal force, preferably something ugly and horrific, like flame weapons. S/F....Ken M

Blah blah blah blah blah

Savages start throwing piss and shit and rioting, they get lethal force, preferably something ugly and horrific, like flame weapons. S/F....Ken M

It's an ugly planet; a Bug planet. A planet hostile to life as we know it.