Elder Scrolls V - Skyrim

Mr King

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So yeah, during the autumn sale I bought Skyrim Legendary for $10 because I can't afford FO4... and next day I went out and bought a GTX 970 so I can play it with all the graphics mods. Just not good at not spending money....

Rinse-repeat.... one year later, can't afford FO4 at 50% off, plays Skyrim SE for free... buys $400 GTX1070 to run it at 3440x1440 with all mods... at least this time the 970 should fetch some fair $ on ebay and cover most of the expense.

• 1 month later...

Lately my gaming time is split 50/50 between SkyrimSE and Mad Max. I kind of wish for a Madrim game. Or maybe it would be something like Fallout with cars (and Witcher3 level of character depth and writing quality, though Mad Max has some pretty decent writing as well).

Lately Skyrim SE, Oldrim, WOT and WOWS. I try to get some range time on SBPro, but if I try to play a battle the amount of interference from the kids and wife gets to much. Haven't played AW or WOWP for quite awhile.

Between updating Bash I broke my Oldrim mod setup and I haven't bothered to try to piece it back together so I haven't played it since SE came out.

SE is shaping up. Graphically it's mostly on par or better already, the last version of CoT is incredible and ENB is getting there too. Some fancier ENB effects supposedly will never come but so what.

SKSE64 beta is coming in about 2 months, I suppose there will be a flood of mod conversions once it's stable.

• 1 year later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Victoria got it for her Playstation, and has been playing the heck out of it lately.

That is awesome. It is such a fun game to just explore.

My daughter and I are enjoying SSE with SKSE64, allows for a lot of cool mods.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 8 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

After putting in over 4000 hours in Fallout 4, I decided to go back to Skyrim Special Edition and do everything there is to do in the game. I have not gone back to the Special Edition earlier because I was waiting for some mods to come out for it. I am having a great time. I had forgotten how pretty Skyrim is, and how fun. It has been long enough since I have played that I have forgotten a good bit about the game, so I get to rediscover stuff again, which is always fun.

After putting in over 4000 hours in Fallout 4, I decided to go back to Skyrim Special Edition and do everything there is to do in the game. I have not gone back to the Special Edition earlier because I was waiting for some mods to come out for it. I am having a great time. I had forgotten how pretty Skyrim is, and how fun. It has been long enough since I have played that I have forgotten a good bit about the game, so I get to rediscover stuff again, which is always fun.

Not to mention some awesome DLC sized mods

https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/10917

https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/3008

Not to mention some awesome DLC sized mods

https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/10917

https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/3008

Thanks Colin I will check those out

• 7 months later...

Ok, I finally inherited one of the sons' PC when he thought it too slow.

Have Skyrim on Steam, so it was the first game to be installed. Have no save-files, so start from scratch.

I remember some stuff, but want input on which quests/guilds you found most entertaining.

I think I played 80 hours or so last time around, so I have done a lot but not nearly all.

(Also, I see that mods are popular, but I will run it vanilla.)

Edited by Stefan Fredriksson

I always enjoyed the dark brotherhood and thieves guild, but I'm the kind of unimaginative player that makes sneaky archers in Elderscrolls games.

Also to add, I have read some rumblings that that Nexus which hosts Skyrim and other game mods, has managed to piss off the community of modders royally, and a bunch of them are removing the mods off Nexus at the moment. I guess Nexus is floating the idea to create mod packs like there are for Minecraft, which is a bunch of mods packaged together and tested and known to work together. The problem is supposedly tNexus is not going to give the modders an the choice if their mod is included in a mod pack or not, if they go through with the idea. Also I guess others,not related to Nexus, have been putting together mod packs of other peoples mods, and selling them and profiting off the work of others.

Edited by Mr King

Thanks.

I realized after playing for 3-4 hours that while it is still a good game, I have played it enough, and quit. But since I already owned it, no monetary loss.

I still have Witcher 3 from start, which I only played a few hours when it came out (also no save files).

But what is running now is Just Cause 3.

So far it is more of JC2, with a wingsuit. I liked JC2 so I think it will be good.