rmgill

• Replies 6.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

18 hours ago, Markus Becker said:

Do you still need to register them with the ATF?

You bet your dog that they'll shoot even if it's in a cage you do. 

I have to figure all these fuel filter adaptors and other NFA violating things HAVE to be ATF trolling. 

23 minutes ago, shep854 said:

In one of his novels, Stephen Hunter described using a potato as a one-shot suppressor for an AK.  Imagine applying for a tax stamp...

It would more work as high velocity potato gun than a silencer.  It's a pure Hollywood myth blocking any barrel is a very bad idea and results can vary from absolutely nothing to afecting the cycling to turning your barrel into a pipe bomb.

Whose opinion on SIG-Sauer 516/716? The former was a pretty awful gas piston conversion (but then again I am biased). The gas piston was clunky with the big ass gas block on a commercial 16" m4 cut AR barrel. This was the cheapest AR barrel at the time from the usual vendors like ER Shaw. 

The 716 inherited most of the shortcomings, like an inability to support proper low profile gas blocks that allow for a long, monolithic handguard. 

21 hours ago, Simon Tan said:

Whose opinion on SIG-Sauer 516/716? The former was a pretty awful gas piston conversion (but then again I am biased). The gas piston was clunky with the big ass gas block on a commercial 16" m4 cut AR barrel. This was the cheapest AR barrel at the time from the usual vendors like ER Shaw. 

The 716 inherited most of the shortcomings, like an inability to support proper low profile gas blocks that allow for a long, monolithic handguard. 

it was a question to everyone

SIG 516/716 is currently tested by the Greek army and is allegedly one of the favorites for the new service rifle

4 hours ago, rmgill said:

The muzzle loaded grenade launcher is interesting. How does it stop from falling out if you point the rifle downwards? 

Spring clips in launcher hold it (grenade "clicks" in when loaded). Firing overcomes those. You can also manually release it if you want to unload it.

Under position 3 is the "holder" and bottom left is a detailed view of mechanism with 19 marking release button.

s-l1600.jpg

Edited by bojan

1 hour ago, Markus Becker said:

One, they rustled the Jimmies of the Democrats nicely, two, I resent calling a G3 historic (for personal reasons). 

I think it was at the Woolwich artillery museum where a young squaddie showed us different demilled weapons, and asked about how one could fold the L2 Sterling SMG buttstock, he answered he did not know very much about antique weapons.

Our own Dave Clark then pointed: "Hey, that was my personal weapon!"

So, Markus, you are beginning to be ancient history! :D